Valanciunas - the most athletic I've seen him

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pele wrote: View Post
    Better than Gasol? (Pau, in terms of potential?)
    Next Patrick Ewing #yolo

Comment

I never knew the rim could bend side ways.

Comment

Flying V!
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

love his fire
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

he's going to be the best C in NBA History. You can never be too optimistic

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              he's going to be the best C in NBA History. You can never be too optimistic
              Oh my. Let's let him become the best center in OUR history first. Shouldn't be too difficult but that's step one. I can't wait to get up to Air Canada to see him this season!

Comment

Can he really dethrone Rasho? Antonio Davis? Montross?
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

I wanna bleep his bleep! Whoa wait... what did I just say?

Comment

JackfromNZ wrote: View Post
                    Jonas the Saviour!
                    Let's not get too far up into the hype as to say that he is our savior. Let's wait to watch him play in the NBA first....

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                      Can he really dethrone Rasho? Antonio Davis? Montross?
                      most likely

Comment

It would be pretty sad if he didn't.

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks while he can really run, he doesn't look like he's got too much lift?

Comment

Kennay wrote: View Post
                            Am I the only one that thinks while he can really run, he doesn't look like he's got too much lift?
                            No, most people will agree with that. Can't have it all.

Comment

JackfromNZ wrote: View Post
                              Jonas the Saviour!
                              lol wow no pressure.

But seriously it is hard to find flaws with his motor skills and mechanics. As another poster said he is very fluid.

If he is a player he will be the savior of BC's job. Lets hope that his motor takes him to the top.
                              "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

I've been on the Jonas bandwangon since he won MVP of the u18 tourney the summer after we drafted him. I just love his game. works hard on defense and runs the floor/cuts through the middle so well. You notice that he never brings the ball lower than his head, makes it really hard for him to be stripped by smaller players.

You don't see this in his highlights but he is a capable defender against smaller players on the drive and in the open floor(in the clip you only see blocks), but he is able to challenge/contain/harry smaller players without fouling (I've even seen him pick the occasional pocket). Not sure he'll be able to defend on the perimeter or open court in the NBA right away, but in a year or two he will be a very versatile player on the defense end, I'm looking forward to seeing how Casey uses him in traps/presses.

It a bare minimum we are looking at a player who has a ton of energy and works hard on every possession, is a +plus rebounder and +plus defender.

In terms of offense he's going to be an efficient scorer who doesn't need touches to get points, scoring primarily on putbacks, in transition, and cuts/rolling to the basket. And the fact that he's an 80%+ ft shooter and he's is not going to be a liability on the offensive end either.

The big question for JV is whether his is going to add the bulk that will let him be able to bang with the big bodies, although he has good footwork, rookies often get into foul trouble and JV is susceptible to this, especially before he adds the 20lbs of muscle we all expect him to add.

I do think that JV has all-star potential, but he's going to have to add a baseline Jumper (the Rasho, as I like to call it) and and elbow jumper. Based on his success from the free throw line he should be able to add those in fairly easily.

As much as JV has the potential to be a good to great 2 way player I would remind everyone that it is still potential, and I'm not expecting much out of JV in his rookie season, although I'd put my money on JV over AD if I had to guess who was going to be ROY.
                                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                                X