Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Terrence Ross = mo-Pete ???? J richardson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrence Ross = mo-Pete ???? J richardson?

Time for more blind optimism.
    You all think that Terrence Ross = Mo-pete? Or
    A hybrid of J-Rich and Tony Allen is what I see Terrence Ross as.
    All this from his clips from college and latest las Vegas games.

Or is he going to be coming off the bench forever?
    Never amount to nutin?

Your thoughts
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Lets wait and see? Shall we?
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
      Time for more blind optimism.
      You all think that Terrence Ross = Mo-pete? Or
      A hybrid of J-Rich and Tony Allen is what I see Terrence Ross as.
      All this from his clips from college and latest las Vegas games.

Or is he going to be coming off the bench forever?
      Never amount to nutin?

Your thoughts
      I don't get the Mo-Pete comparison. Mo-pete was slow and unathletic but got it done. The best comparison for a ceiling is Latrell Sprewell without the attitude (the dunk at 50 seconds looks eerily similar to Ross' first dunk in the Summer League):

According to Basketball Reference Sprewell was:
      6'5 and 190 lbs.

STAT............Ross..........................Spre well - sophomore season in NCAA:
      MPG..............31............................... 36
      PPG...............16.4........................... 17.8
      APG...............1.4............................ 2.1
      RPG...............6.4............................. 5.2
      Last edited by The Coach; Sun Jul 22, 2012, 07:12 PM.
      “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
      ― John Wooden

Comment

i'd say ross has a chance to be that good. The talent is definitely there

Comment

If Ross comes close to the defensive capabilities of a Sprewell or Tony Allen that would be a good thing since he seems to have real good form on his shot so I wouldnt worry about his offence. I think he was drafted because they saw his defensive possibilities. But he needs to put on some weight to be as effective as the above two mentioned. Spre without the attitude is fine by me.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            If Ross comes close to the defensive capabilities of a Sprewell or Tony Allen that would be a good thing since he seems to have real good form on his shot so I wouldnt worry about his offence. I think he was drafted because they saw his defensive possibilities. But he needs to put on some weight to be as effective as the above two mentioned. Spre without the attitude is fine by me.
            if sprewell didn't have the attitude he would have become a near superstar. I'd be happy if Ross even made 2 all star games

Comment

More mentally sound than both of those players but just as skilled, tough and intense would be nice to see.

Blind is the operative word here though.
              Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

His number is 31...he is a SG... I hope he is Reggie Milleresque
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  His number is 31...he is a SG... I hope he is Reggie Milleresque
                  As long as he promises to not go into broadcasting after he retires.

Oh, and to play defense.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

People are going to laugh, but I see alot of Kobe in Ross's game.
                    Not saying he will be as good as Kobe, but I see alot of the same characteristics in how they play.
                    (Jumper, Athletic, Handle, Defense)

So calm and in control, has that icy stare already, its almost like they're not even trying; yet you know when he wants to, he can bite you at any minute. He owned duded at Washington.

(I was just watching an Interview with Ross, and I swear to god, if he ever shaves that Goatee off, Him and Demar will be IMPOSSIBLE to tell apart... except for the Jump Shot. )
                    Last edited by Joey; Sun Jul 22, 2012, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Won't compare him to Mo Pete at all. I think he'll be much better. Fits Dwane Caseys system perfectly. Plays good defense, rebounds and shoots. I'd like to see him make a name for himself rather than be a clone. A lot of the Raptors immediate future depends on him and Jonas.
                      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        People are going to laugh, but I see alot of Kobe in Ross's game.
                        Not saying he will be as good as Kobe, but I see alot of the same characteristics in how they play.
                        (Jumper, Athletic, Handle, Defense)

So calm and in control, has that icy stare already, its almost like they're not even trying; yet you know when he wants to, he can bite you at any minute. He owned duded at Washington.

(I was just watching an Interview with Ross, and I swear to god, if he ever shaves that Goatee off, Him and Demar will be IMPOSSIBLE to tell apart... except for the Jump Shot. )
                        DeMar has that goiter on the side of his face though! They do sound very similar though. West coast accent with frogs in their throat?

If we have a Sprewell on our hands with JV coming in and DC's defensive schemes, we may have a chip in the next 4-5 years.

But let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Comment

Nah T Ross and Ed davis sound and talk the same way. They pause a lot and they talk quietly, when demar talks you can hear his accent and instead of "i think˝ he says "i thank".

Comment

Cant wait for the season to start. All star weekend should be fun. Any bets on how many raptors are going to take part in the events? I say anywhere from 3 to 4. Ross and JV in the rookie challenge. Maybe Lowry in the skills comp. And who knows maybe Demar or Andrea might actually make the All Star team. Depending on if fans take notice. At the end of the day all star games are nothing more than popularity contests. I just want our team to be popular again and the best way to do that is to WIN!
                            We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Yes to the Bryant 'style of play' comparison. DeRozan and Ross look alike??? No.

Comment

Working...
                              X