Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who will have most positive impact on Raptors BIG V or TROSS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thead wrote: View Post
    two questions, I don't watch a lot of international ball, aside from as many Lietvus Rytas games as I could find links for when I had the time.

Is there some reason everyone thinks Jonas will foul out a lot?

Does the euroleague call that end a lot differently? From what I saw they seem to let their bigs be more physical
    Take a look at the olympic qualifier .. only two games .. but one he foulded out in less than ten minutes of play (something awful like 2 pts a couple of boards) .. the other he played very well and stayed on the court for 20+ mins (out of 40) - 17 and 8 i think. But, he still fouled out there ..

small sample set .. but not a good sign from the fouling perspective

Comment

No

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
      Didn't you just start a thread with the same idea yesterday? Besides it probably being a human rights violation brain science isn't even close to producing results that would be adding value to simple interviews, except if we want to spot a brain tumor.
      No that was my brother - but even so ...so what?
      Don't you live in Netherlands? How is life in Netherlands

Your avatar for this topic is pefect....Jose Eating Brain....Whats the background of that picture...story behind it?
      Where did you get it?

HUman rights Violation? You do realize every time a sports brain injury occurs they gain access via MRIs and Brain Scans? Human rights violation....your investing millions in players...ask the players permission and you have no issue. As much value "WORLD PEACE" provides to his team consider his other negatives on and off court ....that may have been detected though scans. A person with ADD has a certain highly developed region and is then cured through meds targetting that region...but if you saw that you can link it to LOCKER ROOM CANCER TYPE.

You want the best player given at your draft spot at 8th or 9th...and if you have ability to see through the mind...and know this kid will be special...you would select him...if all the results came out fine. Whats wrong with that?
      It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

wooo hoo...My first ever Merge
        It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Yes, but in this case merged into a thread that has not much to do with it.

Comment

Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
            wooo hoo...My first ever Merge
            Congrats ... hopefully it won't be a trend.

Comment

No that was my brother - but even so ...so what?
              Don't you live in Netherlands? How is life in Netherlands

Your avatar for this topic is pefect....Jose Eating Brain....Whats the background of that picture...story behind it?
              Where did you get it?

HUman rights Violation? You do realize every time a sports brain injury occurs they gain access via MRIs and Brain Scans? Human rights violation....your investing millions in players...ask the players permission and you have no issue. As much value "WORLD PEACE" provides to his team consider his other negatives on and off court ....that may have been detected though scans. A person with ADD has a certain highly developed region and is then cured through meds targetting that region...but if you saw that you can link it to LOCKER ROOM CANCER TYPE.

You want the best player given at your draft spot at 8th or 9th...and if you have ability to see through the mind...and know this kid will be special...you would select him...if all the results came out fine. Whats wrong with that?
              I highly doubt getting someone to do a brain scan during a job interview is going to be without scrutiny by the Canadian Human Rights Commision, that's what I meant. I'm not talking about my view of human rights.

Saying that someone who has ADD will become a locker room cancer type is ... let's go with weird. You should read up on that.

Comment

Risk

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                I highly doubt getting someone to do a brain scan during a job interview is going to be without scrutiny by the Canadian Human Rights Commision, that's what I meant. I'm not talking about my view of human rights.

Saying that someone who has ADD will become a locker room cancer type is ... let's go with weird. You should read up on that.
                My first Merge and yet the topics are totally unrelated. I didnt mean that ADD is a direct indication of future locker Room Cancer trait etc. I was just highlighting that much information can be gained on a player. I see this just as valuable as any other screening process.

Yes, I totally understand the ethical side of issues...you have good and bad to everything. In addition, this is not just any interview process. This is interview in which physical capabilites are measured, compared, data screened, background checks done, past health issues checked. Its not like your everyday day job interview.

But as originally posted - there are privacy and ethical matters here. Most may not know this...few Airports around the world have specialized cameras that peek into the brains of travellers to detect any abnormal activity to locate the bad guys...or how about those TSA Searches...lol....are they different.

I'm just trying to mix my two loves into one....Raptors and understanding of the Mind.

Peace

Muhammad Ali

Comment

SoftEURO.

That avatar is too funny...how did you obtain that pic and why on earth is he eating is brain....?
                  LOL

Pefect image for the Brain Scan topic

Muhammad Ali

Comment

That picture was taken when they mistakenly told Calderon that he was amnestied. I just got it from a random google search.

Comment

hahah

lol...I like Jose, one of the good guys of the league. He would take on anyone...confrontation with Garnett priceless.

Photoshopped...image from Bejing Olympics of him eating the ball. Nice work

Muhammad Ali

Comment

I highly recommend that Raptors implement Brain Imaging / Scans next year during the pre-draft to determine which player they should select.
                        Only concern here would be of privacy and misuse of information.
                        Yes, we will ask potential draftees to expose themselves to radiation and tell them to forget the whole "excessive exposure to radiation may cause cancer" crap.

I am sorry but this idea should have listed as post #1 in "Things Dumb Raptors Fans Say That Drive You Nuts". Just a blatant disregard of the potential side-effects to satisfy one's curiosity. Your "Only concern here would be of privacy and misuse of information" makes me want to vomit.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                          Yes, we will ask potential draftees to expose themselves to radiation and tell them to forget the whole "excessive exposure to radiation may cause cancer" crap.

I am sorry but this idea should have listed as post #1 in "Things Dumb Raptors Fans Say That Drive You Nuts". Just a blatant disregard of the potential side-effects to satisfy one's curiosity. Your "Only concern here would be of privacy and misuse of information" makes me want to vomit.
                          Yo Hugmenot,

No need to get all RadioActive on me like that....Take it easy fella.
                          BTW: I trust you have a Cell Phone? If yes, that too is radioactive BS in your ears, head, brain exposure....
                          What about your daily dose of WIFI in your nose....huh?

Your comment belong in that category for sure. Lastly, If you all think this Brain Scan thing is a joke...trust me your government will in future install all this stuff...pre-crime technology and you wil have no say...and chances are its already present in some places around the world.

bit ahead of the curve here for Hugmenot

Peace

Cheers
                          RM

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Fact is as new things become norm regardless if their ethical or not...they will be implemented in society, in sports etc.

Brain Scans / MRI are used often on head injuries in Football or wherever. They shed tons of information about the individual.
                            Chance are ACC might already have super tech Cameras on - monitoring everything from oncourt play to fan disturbance etc.

Your Iphone is already doing alot of stuff you have no idea about, yet its all good right? All I'm saying is its something to consider. Even if the Raps choose not to do this...tomorrow another team will....
                            We're talking about US ethical standards vs Canadian Ethical Standards.

Raps can use this to screen....find the next Lebron.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Working...
                            X