Analytic departments + Neuro-Intelligence = FIND THE NEXT JORDAN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analytic departments + Neuro-Intelligence = FIND THE NEXT JORDAN

Teams in the NBA and All other sports use some form of analytic software or may even have a analytic departments to measure each player etc. This to get better read on everything from a Team and Individual player perspective…to gain the upper had on others.

I would like to know if Teams go beyond measuring of physical aspects of a player. Do teams in pre-draft work out also do brain scans? I mean, I wouldnt want a crazy wacko dude on our team who will be a locker room cancer.
    In trying to predict future behaviours, brain scans can guess when we’re about to make a cognitive error, or indicate overdevelopment of certain areas large or too small etc. Attention deficit etc. Addictive behaviour etc...
    Brain imaging data algorithms that combine all this information could well give an accurate indication of player intelligence and cognitive strengths and weaknesses—maybe even the vocational talents.

I would like to do scans on A.Iverson, Denis Rodhman, World Peace, Lebron, Durant etc. (lets not forget Jordan)
    I would also like to see NASH (why is this guy good at passing the ball)....why not his teammates.

I assure you will be amazed at what you will find …From pre-draft workout, interviews, tours, this might be the most important thing that is missing…except it gets into a matter of privacy etc. Do teams use this ? Would it assist them in finding a gem?
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

So basically, overexcited neurosci major?

Comment

Teams definitely do some basic psych evaluations on draft picks. Not sure that brain scans can show the kinds of things you are looking for. Maybe in twenty years, but if the technology was available to do what you want, they teams would already be doing it. Good for you for trying to think out of the box.
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
      X