Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you think Calderon will be come training camp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you think Calderon will be come training camp?

It is no secret Calderon has been on the block/available for the right price/however you want to put it for the last 3 years. With Lowry on board this is likely more accurate than ever before.

So come training camp, where do you think Calderon will be?
    Starting for the Raptors
    4.08%
    On the bench for the Raptors
    87.76%
    With another team
    8.16%

I'm taking a "I'll believe it when I see it" approach

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I'm taking a "I'll believe it when I see it" approach
      That does not encourage pointless bantering and speculation though

Comment

I say he will still be with Toronto and solidifying the bench crew.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I am going with the bench as well. I dont think BC trades him unless the offer nets us a backup PG and more. Jose is not one of those guys you trade just to trade. The right offer is needed. I definitely do not think he is a starter at training camp.

Comment

He'll be around until at least the trade deadline. I think if the Rap's have a good record by the All Star break and the chemistry JC has with the second unit is paying off and there aren't any good offers for him BC may just ride it out with him.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              It is no secret Calderon has been on the block/available for the right price/however you want to put it for the last 3 years. With Lowry on board this is likely more accurate than ever before.

So come training camp, where do you think Calderon will be?
              Word on the street is that BC has been shopping Calderon hard. Offers from at least three other teams haven't been what he wanted and he has rebuffed attempts to be fleeced.

Colangelo has privately told sources that Jose will be with the team come the start of the season if the offers don't improve. His strategy now is to apparently wait until later in the season, when other teams needs may change based on their disappointment with their current starters or due to injuries.

Calderon's agent has been putting his clients interests first and agitating for a move to a contender. Jose continues to take the high road and has not been intimately involved in the negotiations.

Reports from inside the Lowry camp indicate that he is expecting to start. It is hard to say what happens if he doesn't. He admits he feels a connection to Casey and is looking forward to working with him this season, but all that could change depending on the Raps final line-up.

Unless something radical happens, Calderon will be with the Raps when the doors open on the practice court the first day of training camp.

:-)

Just thought I would try my hand at the breathless pumping of commonly known facts, basketball blogger style.

Comment

I feel as though Lowry will generally be the starter, but the line ups will change based on match ups etc. Calderon and lowry will see floor time together at the end of games for drive and kick situations.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                  I am going with the bench as well. I dont think BC trades him unless the offer nets us a backup PG and more. Jose is not one of those guys you trade just to trade. The right offer is needed. I definitely do not think he is a starter at training camp.
                  I also think he'll be on the bench. He has a massive salary this season too (around 10.5 million) which only few teams can accomodate
                  Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I could see him as a piece in a crazy 4 team eventual Dwight Howard deal...he's one of the largest expiring contracts out there.

Comment

Come training camp, I assume he'll be in the gym with everyone else. Training.

Edit: Oh sorry, I did not see the poll question. I think both players will be given the opportunity to start. I think it's stupid (and likely strategic) to tell the media that Lowry will start. Make it a competition and both will play better. Given that Lowry is a better player defensively, he will "earn" the starting role (by default).
                      Last edited by ebrian; Tue Jul 24, 2012, 09:00 AM.
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

Maybe Spain does the unthinkable and wins Olympic gold. And as a result of the emotional, euphoric high, Calderon re-assesses his situation and realizes that backing up Lowry for many years to come, is his best move

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                          Maybe Spain does the unthinkable and wins Olympic gold. And as a result of the emotional, euphoric high, Calderon re-assesses his situation and realizes that backing up Lowry for many years to come, is his best move
                          Well, it's not unthinkable; but if they win, wouldn't he be more inclined to think he needs to start?

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                            Come training camp, I assume he'll be in the gym with everyone else. Training.

Edit: Oh sorry, I did not see the poll question. I think both players will be given the opportunity to start. I think it's stupid (and likely strategic) to tell the media that Lowry will start. Make it a competition and both will play better. Given that Lowry is a better player defensively, he will "earn" the starting role (by default).
                            I'm not a fan of the "make it a competition and see who grabs it" idea. Often in that case, you have to choose one guy, so you do. He does all right but when he inevitably has a bad run, you turn to the other guy. He does well, then he falters. These guys have been around too long (Calderon more so) to do that. It would be great if they're both around but if that's the case, I hope Bryan and Dwayne have a good idea in their minds as to how to use them and that they can communicate it to the players.

Comment

If the interest in Jose isn't strong enough to get somebody of fair equal value hold on until there is
                              a situation that makes him the best option available.
                              If nothing comes up just let him expire.
                              To answer the question, If Jose isn't traded the only way he is the starter is if Lowry is injured.

Comment

Working...
                              X