Trading for a Portland SG?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trading for a Portland SG?

While thinking about the trade possibilities for Antoine Wright and his expiring 1.8M contract I came to the conclusion that Wright was more valuable to us than any other team (in limited minutes defending buzzer beaters like Kobe's). But during the process I looked over the Portland roster (I'm kind of drawn to their wing players) and looking at their blogs/injuries etc, I came to the conclusion that because of season-ending injuries to Pryzbilla and Greg "Knee-Knocker" Oden Portland currently has 3 natural PF's - Aldridge, Juwan Howard and Pendergraph (the latter 2 being non-starters) and 2 tweeners in Outlaw and Cunningham...

SO, considering that they would be looking to the playoffs and all the dominant big-men they might be up against (nevermind the remainder of the season), one would naturally expect them to be looking at short-term solutions at the center position. Well with Reggie coming back soon and Rasho and POB already finding so few minutes behind our solid first 3 Bigs, what do you think BC could pry away from Portland's asset-loaded roster? They are deep at PG and wing positions, and they have extreme parity on the wings... Could Rasho and his 1.9M expiring contract (and 2nd rounders/cash/wright/banks etc) pry away one of Fernandez, Batum, Webster, or Outlaw? (listed in order of my personal preference)

Salary info - http://hoopshype.com/salaries/portland.htm

Rasho + picks + cash for Fernandez or Batum?

Rasho + Wright + picks + cash for Webster or Outlaw?

Outlaw is an expiring contract, plus he's a bit of a tweener, while we really need a SG to go along with Turk at SF on the wings... but the other 3 are solid, pretty well rounded players who are good, but not "too good" since we still needs solid minutes to develop Derozan....
    When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Edgar wrote: View Post
    While thinking about the trade possibilities for Antoine Wright and his expiring 1.8M contract I came to the conclusion that Wright was more valuable to us than any other team (in limited minutes defending buzzer beaters like Kobe's). But during the process I looked over the Portland roster (I'm kind of drawn to their wing players) and looking at their blogs/injuries etc, I came to the conclusion that because of season-ending injuries to Pryzbilla and Greg "Knee-Knocker" Oden Portland currently has 3 natural PF's - Aldridge, Juwan Howard and Pendergraph (the latter 2 being non-starters) and 2 tweeners in Outlaw and Cunningham...

SO, considering that they would be looking to the playoffs and all the dominant big-men they might be up against (nevermind the remainder of the season), one would naturally expect them to be looking at short-term solutions at the center position. Well with Reggie coming back soon and Rasho and POB already finding so few minutes behind our solid first 3 Bigs, what do you think BC could pry away from Portland's asset-loaded roster? They are deep at PG and wing positions, and they have extreme parity on the wings... Could Rasho and his 1.9M expiring contract (and 2nd rounders/cash/wright/banks etc) pry away one of Fernandez, Batum, Webster, or Outlaw? (listed in order of my personal preference)

Salary info - http://hoopshype.com/salaries/portland.htm

Rasho + picks + cash for Fernandez or Batum?

Rasho + Wright + picks + cash for Webster or Outlaw?

Outlaw is an expiring contract, plus he's a bit of a tweener, while we really need a SG to go along with Turk at SF on the wings... but the other 3 are solid, pretty well rounded players who are good, but not "too good" since we still needs solid minutes to develop Derozan....
    No way Portland deals for Rasho...They can get a better center for Webster &/or Outlaw & with our high payroll coming if we sign Bosh long term, I doubt we BC would want to give up any draft picks unless we were getting a higher profile player back.
    Waiting for DeRozan to windmill dunk in a game!

Comment

"I doubt we BC would want to give up any draft picks unless we were getting a higher profile player back."

Well BC has only used four 2nd rounder in the last decade - he definately has shown he'd rather trade picks than use them - for better or worse, he's an impatient GM who wants to win immediately....

And he's made a career of finding less-known players and making them produce rather than going after big name talent....

I think Rasho is a decent low-risk choice for Portland... what other stay-at-home vet centers are available who dont have massive long-term contracts??
      Last edited by Edgar; Wed Jan 27, 2010, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Get the thought of trading picks out of your mind NOW! we need to save our picks we always trade our freaking picks away, thats BC's only problem. Dont even mention trading picks.....Please...

Comment

Ohh ya i forgot to add that there is no chance Portland gives us Batum that easily. This isnt NBALive (or 2K10)

Comment

After the game against the Heat, there's no way I can say that trading Wright is a good idea. His defensive skill was shown tonight, and even if the boxscore doesn't show it, it was his defense on Wade that dictated the Heat's offense.

Comment

Why would they want Rasho or Wright? To free up a few million? They are looking to contend in the playoffs

Comment

Edgar wrote: View Post
                "
                Well BC has only used four 2nd rounder in the last decade - he definately has shown he'd rather trade picks than use them
                Not entirely. Most of his Phoenix pick trades were to shed payroll.

Comment

I still cant find any vet stay-at-home centers that would be rent-able for Portland other than Rasho, and as much a If I were Portland I would want to keep all 6 of my wing players, their arent enough minutes to go around for 6 or 7 rotation-worthy wings nevermind money when those rookie contracts start to expire...

Roy - Fernandez - Webster - Outlaw - Batum - Cunningham - Bayless(combo guard)

They have to deal some of those players eventually - here's to hoping BC can make something happen...

Comment

Portland will not trade Martell Webster their league leader in 3 pointers made for the month of January, Travis Outlaw is injured until mid-march, by no means will they trade Batum... He plays solid d. That would leave Fernandez... We do not need another Euro on the squad! (No pun intended) I really like Martell....but it would take away minutes from D.D and he would be burried on the bench.

Comment

Working...
                    X