To All BC fans and haters - I think BC's contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To All BC fans and haters - I think BC's contract

BC's contract is up for renewal next year I think...thus this year is important.

Will he get a a new contract?
    Yes - give him new contract
    31.03%
    No - do not give him new contract
    6.90%
    yes - only if we make playoffs
    27.59%
    Keep him regardless - we're heading in the right direction
    27.59%
    Fire him now
    6.90%

The poll is expired.

It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

i think it all depends on how the team does this year. he's been walking a thin line for 2 or 3 years now, I think MLSE and the city of Toronto are on their last straw with him now
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Tough

We need to keep him....considering the available options.
      Plus he wears Don Cherry high collar shirts....which is a good fit for Canadas only BBALL team
      It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

He has a team option for 2013-14.

Comment

I would have selected Team Option if it was there.

Comment

Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
            We need to keep him....considering the available options.
            Plus he wears Don Cherry high collar shirts....which is a good fit for Canadas only BBALL team
            I disagree on needing to keep him. I'm a big BC fan but that just sounds desperate.

I think the team option for 2013-14 needs to be picked up unless the team gets off to a horrible start - like 10-20.

If come the 2013-14 season the Raps aren't making playoff noise, bye-bye Bryan.

Comment

Katman wrote: View Post
              I would have selected Team Option if it was there.
              Agreed. Of all the premature threads of late this is the premature-est.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                I wasnt trying to sound desperate...considering the market and the resources - I think he has done alright. The same goes for the other non-playoff Toronto teams. The GMs have done what they could with what the have.
                I guess when it comes time to remove BC....we will have to canvas the market for replacement.

Premature-est...yet you and 4 others have contributed to the premature-est...go figure.

Peace

Muhammad Ali

Comment

You haven't seen the Wiggins thread yet...

Comment

Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
                    I wasnt trying to sound desperate...considering the market and the resources - I think he has done alright. The same goes for the other non-playoff Toronto teams. The GMs have done what they could with what the have.
                    I guess when it comes time to remove BC....we will have to canvas the market for replacement.

Premature-est...yet you and 4 others have contributed to the premature-est...go figure.

Peace

I've been bashed - repeatedly and endlessly - for my views on BC (btw historically a huge BC fan). However the Raps have missed the playoffs for 4 consecutive seasons. As much of a BC fan I am the reality is, as has been thrown in my face numerous times, this is a results driven league. Over the last 4 years, we've not seen results. If results don't come by 2013-14, time to go BC.

I really do not know why you are taking the comment so personally. There was no malicious intent on my part and if you took it that way, I do apologize. This is not the main page comment sections of RR. Everyone in here is pretty respectful of each other and those who are not do not last very long.

You started the thread missing a huge piece of information: team option in 2013-14. With that information, do you not think this is a premature discussion? Maybe a thread about picking up his option would have been more relevant.

But then again, this is just my opinion and it has no more value than your own. So if you don't feel the thread is premature at all, that is cool, carry on. And you are right, I did reply, so maybe I'm wrong on this afterall.

Comment

I've been bashed - repeatedly and endlessly - for my views on BC (btw historically a huge BC fan). However the Raps have missed the playoffs for 4 consecutive seasons. As much of a BC fan I am the reality is, as has been thrown in my face numerous times, this is a results driven league. Over the last 4 years, we've not seen results. If results don't come by 2013-14, time to go BC.

I really do not know why you are taking the comment so personally. There was no malicious intent on my part and if you took it that way, I do apologize. This is not the main page comment sections of RR. Everyone in here is pretty respectful of each other and those who are not do not last very long.

You started the thread missing a huge piece of information: team option in 2013-14. With that information, do you not think this is a premature discussion? Maybe a thread about picking up his option would have been more relevant.

But then again, this is just my opinion and it has no more value than your own. So if you don't feel the thread is premature at all, that is cool, carry on. And you are right, I did reply, so maybe I'm wrong on this afterall.

and peace be with you

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Time time

Did we pick up the team option the last time...I believe we did.
                        Did that make any difference ....

Now the team option is available again...if the team isnt has had enough as you say MATT after soo many years of no-playoffs or what not....why bother with team option.

Trust me I'm a big BC FAN...I voting keep him as we're heading in the right direction. Pre-mature...yes

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Another possible option could be a promotion, where in Stefanski becomes the defacto GM. Colangelo becomes President of MLSE, given his previous background in real estate. Tannenbaum loves the guy, just not surre how much sway he will have on the new board.

Good riddance Teachers Pension!

Comment

you think

Katman wrote: View Post
                            Another possible option could be a promotion, where in Stefanski becomes the defacto GM. Colangelo becomes President of MLSE, given his previous background in real estate. Tannenbaum loves the guy, just not surre how much sway he will have on the new board.

Good riddance Teachers Pension!

Will the new owners (ROGERS/BELL) be better or worse compared to Teachers?

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Well for the teachers, their responsibility is to maximize profit and increase the value of their asset.

The Rogers/Bell deal never made sense if that was their goal (since thwy paid so much). For them it was about securing content and figure out how to sucker more people into buying their products (here come the new channels that we'll need to pay extra for, IMO). For them, there is significant valuee growth in playoff dates...hopefully that equates to commitment for success.

Comment

Working...
                              X