To All BC fans and haters - I think BC's contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    I have nothing against Colangelo personally. I met him at one of those season ticket holder things years ago and he was a very engaging, personable guy. I'm sure he's a gentleman and a smart businessman. But the bottom line is that he hasn't produced. It's not all his fault but he's the boss. It's long past time to move on.
    That's the problem.
    He looks good, he dresses well, he talks well and people fall in love with the image and ignore the substance.

Have we learned nothing from Sprite advertising people....image is nothing, thirst is everything.
    I thirst for a better GM

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
      LOL. I bet your looking forward to graduating high school next year, eh ?
      What's with all the jabs lately?..

Comment

So

Assume for a moment,
        that everything being the same excep that Toronto is a American City. Would things be different?

Would all our GM's for all our sports team have better ability to build solid play-off bound teams?
        Toronto is the 5th or 6th largest North American City with 6Million people and growing rapidly... yet the sports scene suffers due to the stigma of being North of the Border.

Do our GM's have a harder Job to market the city to players south of the border. Do we have to pay 20% more to attract folks here as compared to other cities.

This is what BC has to deal with. But he took the JOB, he accepted the responsibility.
        It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
          Assume for a moment,
          that everything being the same excep that Toronto is a American City. Would things be different?

Would all our GM's for all our sports team have better ability to build solid play-off bound teams?
          Toronto is the 5th or 6th largest North American City with 6Million people and growing rapidly... yet the sports scene suffers due to the stigma of being North of the Border.

Do our GM's have a harder Job to market the city to players south of the border. Do we have to pay 20% more to attract folks here as compared to other cities.

This is what BC has to deal with. But he took the JOB, he accepted the responsibility.
          *sigh* Here comes this discussion again.. Where's Matt52? "Winning Cures All"

Comment

Garbo wrote: View Post
            *sigh* Here comes this discussion again.. Where's Matt52? "Winning Cures All"
            lol - am I that predictable? (rhetorical question)

There are certain discussions that I don't think I can offer any new insight or different relevant information.

This is one of them.

p.s. Winning does cure all!

Comment

Pick up his option, but if the raps aren't a lock for the playoffs in 2013-2014 AND looking like they could go at least 2nd round in 2015 then it's time for him to move on.

and in case you forgot

WINNING CURES ALL!
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
                Assume for a moment,

of course that's part of the problem, but I don't see a major difference between Canada and the US that would push players away...
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

soo

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                  of course that's part of the problem, but I don't see a major difference between Canada and the US that would push players away...
                  I agree with you...I myself see no difference. But this is the preconceived idea for the City of Toronto among NBA players. Ofcourse the losing culture doesnt help either. Winning probably would change things.
                  It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

1) He has an abysmal record
                    2) Unlike Alex A every time you think you see a descernible long term plan he pulls a Brian Burke and goes for the quick fix
                    3) Winning cures everything (the rest is just rationalizing and excuses)

Comment

Working...
                    X