Andrew Wiggins Bandwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stretch wrote: View Post
    Wiggins is going to make a decision on reclassifying real soon according to this USA Today report.
    Decision has been made.

He is officially the #1 Prospect in the 2013 Class, ahead of Jabari Parker; AND will available for the 2014 NBA Draft. Let the Tanking Begin!

Andrew Wiggins, the nation's top basketball player in the Class of 2014, is reclassifying into his original 2013 class.

The move by Wiggins, a native of Thornhill, Ontario, comes with a new ranking -- No. 1 prospect in the senior class.

Wiggins moving to No. 1 in 2013 means senior small forward Jabari Parker of Chicago Simeon moves to the No. 2 slot. Parker, a three-time Illinois state champion and two-time USA Basketball gold medalist, is one of the strongest No. 2 overall players ever in the ESPN 100.
    Source
    Parkers Dad doesn't seem to happy about the move:
    Parker's father, Sonny Parker, told ESPNChicago.com that he did not understand why Wiggins passed his son in the recruiting rankings.

"Based on what? That's what I'm asking," Sonny Parker told ESPNChicago.com. "Based on a few weeks of AAU? The AAU stuff is overrated. Jabari was the national freshman of the year, the national sophomore of the year, the Gatorade national player of the year as a junior.

"High school is more important to Jabari. He's won three straight titles and wants to win a fourth this year. You talk about athleticism. Jabari can play the 1 through 5 at 6-foot-9. It's just peoples' opinions."
    Last edited by Joey; Fri Nov 23, 2012, 06:11 PM.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      he should pull a steve francis on a US based team
      Haha +1

Comment

I can see Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins having a nice little rivalry going forward, ala Magic/ Bird, all the way through to the NBA.

Not too often do you have essentially a 1a and 1b in the Top Players in the Country.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          I can see Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins having a nice little rivalry going forward, ala Magic/ Bird, all the way through to the NBA.

Not too often do you have essentially a 1a and 1b in the Top Players in the Country.

Except Wiggins is Canadian not Chinese....

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

That is, until they decide to join forces once their rookie contracts expire....

Comment

Andrew Wiggins - Athletic. Strong. Get's to the rim. Defender. Great court presence. Skilled. Long.

Jabari Parker - Great skills. Very versatile. Excellent shooter. Big. Long.

Wow, can't wait to see these two guys play in College to the NBA. Other than that, class is looking weak.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I wish there was a way to get this guy. Imagine the hype surrounding the raps, Wiggins, Derozan and Valanciunas. The new big three!

Comment

Not to mention Parker is the Main guy on the Junion USA team, and Wiggins the Main guy on the Canadian Team. They're going to be seeing ALOT of each other going forward.

ESPN did this comparison Nov. 1st :

Last edited by Joey; Fri Nov 23, 2012, 06:15 PM.

Comment

The guy could start for us right now. I'd love to get him, but in order for that to happen we'd be looking at two more years of terrible basketball. The only way I see it is that if this year goes poorly we may decide to jettison all of our "talent" outside of JV and perhaps DD, and go from there. Not really a fun process to watch.
                    Last edited by KHD; Fri Nov 23, 2012, 07:53 PM.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                      maybe he'll be patriotic and want to come here. but i doubt that will happen
                      He is too good to play for the clowns who run MLSE.
                      "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

Working...
                      X