Andrew Wiggins Bandwagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

golden wrote: View Post
    I like that attitude Joey. Embrace the thread and run with it. LOL. Actually, my worst nightmare has Houston getting our 1st round pick in the Wiggins draft year and then miraculously winning the top pick in the lottery. God, please no.
    The pick we've traded to Houston is no. 1 protected over the next five year, so no worries.

Comment

He, could enter the 2013 recruiting class...but it's unlikely
      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

This is making me feel old.

Comment

KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
          This is making me feel old.
          Old = good. You got to see Toronto's last major championship team win live. Anyone 18 years or younger has no idea what that feels like

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if many went "Oh the Leafs....". Somehow I feel many forget about the Jays....which was an amazing experience.

Comment

I agree, older the better...Seeing the Jays win back to backs live was unforgettable...

Also, for those who are bashing this thread, if you don't see the point, than why waste your time commenting? Pretty Simple. Its almost August, people just want to talk ball, and dying for things to talk about!

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              Old = good. You got to see Toronto's last major championship team win live. Anyone 18 years or younger has no idea what that feels like
              Peace. Positivity. Prosperity.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                The Fox wrote: View Post
                I agree, older the better...Seeing the Jays win back to backs live was unforgettable...
                Not any baseball fans in my family (my dad follows the jays a little bit more now that he lives in toronto) but we watched almost every jays playoff game (and definitely every World Series game) those two years, and i remember having the tv on during thanksgiving dinner... it was totally awesome even my older sisters who are entirely indifferent to professional sports were into it as well, good memories! I also have the VHS recap of their world series run vs. Atlanta and commemorative christmas ornaments from both of those wins (gave them to my brother in law when I moved out of the country) I am not a leafs fan and can't see myself getting behind them even if they went deep in the playoffs or won the Cup. I also haven't watched a jays game in about 3 years but would totally get behind them again if the made the playoffs, but the way the playoffs in baseball work it doesn't seem to likely.

Why doesn't MLB cut the regular season short by a month and have more teams make the playoffs??? Can't see how it's a bad thing.

EDIT: Raps winning an NBA Title would definitely crack my top 5 greatest moments in my life. Not sure what that says about the life I'm living/lived.
                Last edited by ezz_bee; Wed Jul 25, 2012, 01:29 PM.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Oh yeah I agree. I don't follow baseball at all but got caught up in the hype back then. If they made the playoffs again I would totally watch.

Of course if the Raps were in the Semi's or Finals that would trump everything else!!
                  Peace. Positivity. Prosperity.

Comment

Any way this guy ends up in a Rap's jersey?

“Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                    ― John Wooden

Comment

i really want a canadian kid to become an elite, like durant good, player and then when his free agency comes up he bolts for canada because he can't stand farenhiet. would love wiggins to show up int.o. one day. i am a huge t.thompson fan too. he is going to be a 15-18 and 8-10 guy for the next little while of basketball history and would love to see him as a rap too.

Comment

If we don't get a chance to draft this guy till 2015, we might as well draft Jabari Parker in 2014.

Comment

There is much speculation on Kentucky Wildcat fan sites as to Wiggins reclassification. Even his high school coach at Huntington Prep thinks he should reclassify to 2013. If Andrew's goal is a career in the NBA, considering his talent and development recently, then wouldn't it be a no brainer to move up a year unless NCAA academic qualification might be a problem. Sim Bhullar, Toronto native who also played at Huntington Prep and reclassified last summer and enrolled at New Mexico State did not meet the NCAA's academic requirements and redshirted last season.

Comment

Love Wiggins and have been watching his progress since that Youtube video "Best 13 year old in the nation" came out years ago. He's actually lived up and surpassed the hype so far. The athleticism is just ridiculous. That spin move into a dunk at high speed on the fastbreak is impossible. You rarely see that move at game speed - maybe VC did it a couple of times. But Wiggins is doing it on the fastbreak at a full sprint like it's nothing and finishing with his head at the rim?! Can't wait to see his progress continue. Good times ahead for Basketball Canada for the next 5-10 yrs at least.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                              Love Wiggins and have been watching his progress since that Youtube video "Best 13 year old in the nation" came out years ago. He's actually lived up and surpassed the hype so far. The athleticism is just ridiculous. That spin move into a dunk at high speed on the fastbreak is impossible. You rarely see that move at game speed - maybe VC did it a couple of times. But Wiggins is doing it on the fastbreak at a full sprint like it's nothing and finishing with his head at the rim?! Can't wait to see his progress continue. Good times ahead for Basketball Canada for the next 5-10 yrs at least.

more like 10-15 years... many of our key young players of teh future are only 16-17 years old. Wiggins, Trey Lyles and Tyler Ennis are all still really young, add in all the 18-20 year olds and we should have a window of 15 years.... not to mention all the other young bucks to still make some noise.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Wiggins is going to make a decision on reclassifying real soon according to this USA Today report.

Huntington (W.Va.) Prep basketball player Andrew Wiggins, who is from Toronto, will meet with his parents this week to decide whether he should attempt to reclassify to graduate in high school in 2013. Wiggins is considered the top recruit in the 2014 class and, after playing well over the summer, some recruiting experts say he is the top player in the country, period.
                                "We support him either way," said Huntington Prep coach Rob Fulford. "He's going to get with his parents and hopefully figure it out."
                                Huntington Prep's players take their classes at St. Joseph's Central in Huntington, and Wiggins already has most of the core classes he needs to qualify for NCAA standards, Fulford said.
                                "He has eight classes a day, and there's not a lot of fluff classes," Fulford said. "He has one art class, but the rest are are core classes. He could reclassify, but it's easier if he decides one way or the other now so we can concentrate on the season."
                                The team opens its season Nov. 11. Recruits in the Class of 2013 can sign national letters of intent for one week beginning Nov. 14.
                                Coaches from Florida State saw Wiggins work out last week. Wiggins' father, Mitchell Wiggins, played at Florida State. Monday night, coach John Calipari and assistant Orlando Antigua of defending national champion Kentucky came to Huntington to see Wiggins.

Comment

Working...
                                X