Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
    It huuuuurts
    It shouldn't. While I agree a little more exposure would be nice, it makes perfect sense that the American networks have no interest in airing Raptors games. They lose half the possible viewership to Canadian channels; and thus half the Ad revenues.

Comment

Re: We are not the first to play the nets at their home. The knicks play them first.

There are a lot of blue lines in Nov , Dec :\ ... going to be a rough first couple of months.
      Last edited by doublesman; Thu Jul 26, 2012, 10:19 PM.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
        I wouldn't expect too much from out team early on. I wouldn't judge our team based on our first couple game. You have to remember that we have possibly three new starters (Lowry, Fields and Val). Team chemistry is definitely a concern in the first couple months.
        Yes but starting now in off-season till about pre-season, there is a lot of time where this team will get caught up too par. Lowry has already been going over sets with Casey, the new three guys have high basketball IQ's, I'm not too worried about getting with the system.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Tesla wrote: View Post
          It seems that we're going to be the first team to ever to play against the Brooklyn Nets in the Barclays center. Interesting since our first game in franchise history was also against the Nets at the Skydome in '95. If I'm mistaken just ignore everything I said.
          No the Knicks face the Nets on November 1st

Comment

It seems like every year the Raps have a terrible beginning with tons of road games? What gives?

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
              It seems like every year the Raps have a terrible beginning with tons of road games? What gives?
              The NBA simply doesn't give a damn about our franchise. They want to bury us early since TV-revenue will be down if Raptors in playoffs.

On the other hand if we can hang in til Christmas we can foil their master-plan!
              Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                I was thinking the exact same thing.

Comment

AMRIKANS HATE CANADA, ARRGH WHY DUNT DEY LIKE US??????

Maple Leafs play 8 home games in November and have a Homestand from Dec. 3 to 13th

er I mean......damn Americans, stop being prejudice, show the 24th ranked team in the league with no legitimate stars more on national tv. bunch of racists.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                    AMRIKANS HATE CANADA, ARRGH WHY DUNT DEY LIKE US??????

Maple Leafs play 8 home games in November and have a Homestand from Dec. 3 to 13th

er I mean......damn Americans, stop being prejudice, show the 24th ranked team in the league with no legitimate stars more on national tv. bunch of racists.
                    LOL - valid points.

It does seem every year the talk regarding schedule is, "If the Raps can get through December....."

Comment

People should be happy about this, they always say the best thing that can happen to a team with a lot of new guys is an early road trip because then they're forced to hang out with each other and hopefully develop off-court chemistry.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
                        People should be happy about this, they always say the best thing that can happen to a team with a lot of new guys is an early road trip because then they're forced to hang out with each other and hopefully develop off-court chemistry.
                        I don't know. I think it's just something they say when things go right. When things go wrong they blame youth, or age, for not being able to overcome too tough an early schedule.
                        So, with that in mind, my beef is also that establishing an identity and rhythm at home is hugely important. The Raps haven't owned their home court properly in a long time...that needs to change, badly. So it's not just the lack of home games, it's how they're spread out. Only one 3-game home stand(in mid-Dec), and something like 5 one-off games that basically become "road" games. That's pretty garbage. Their earliest consecutive home games are just 2 in a row, capped on each end by 2 game road trips, and then they only have one-offs for a month!!!

I also am not convinced team chemistry will need that much time. We have a few new faces, but I think Fields and Lowry shouldn't have too much trouble. A lot of the rest of the rotation is the same. Fields even says in this Hoopsworld interview that they already started talking about next season (some guys and coaches, or something like that), which I bet includes him, Lowry (both in Vegas at the time for SL), Ed, Ross, Acy and Demar(there for US select). This group seems like they will blend well into what's already there, which leaves JV (anyone who dresses like Gandalf at an all-star game can't be shy) as probably the toughest, and only difficult guy to integrate.

Hoopsworld Fields interview:
                        http://hoopshype.com/videos/videos/l...ons-in-toronto

Comment

The real issue no one is looking at is how some teams have 22 back to back games while some teams have 13 back to back games (Source RealGM, NBA.com) - those teams should be the ones complaining

Comment

Iron sharpens iron.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Thanks for the list Ceez.

The month of March should be really good for the Raptors...I'm thinking 11 wins that month. I'm going to say we'll have around 45 to 50 wins this season (barring injury)

Comment

November is going to be tough. That's a lot of road games and a lot of good teams. Jan/Feb will be the months to make hay with all the home games. The annual December west coast swing doesn't seem as bad as usual with only one back-to-back. There's not a killer second 5-game swing west as there has been in the past.

Comment

Working...
                                X