No announcement yet.

Jose Calderon + Olympics = Increased Asset Value

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just wen china was getting back in the game the refs mess up a pivotal call. That was a major travel by serge ibaka. I dont know what it is but i always find myself rooting for the underdog..
    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
      just wen china was getting back in the game the refs mess up a pivotal call. That was a major travel by serge ibaka. I dont know what it is but i always find myself rooting for the underdog..
      I don't usually cheer for China, but that ref mistake enraged me. I really believe China had a chance at that game, but that stupid non-call just messed with their heads and cost them that game.

3 refs standing few meters from Ibaka, NOT 1 fucking call. USA & Spain seem to have refs fear/respect them way too much.

Comment

Yi is having a really amazing game. This is blowing my mind. He could really do some things in the NBA if he ever played with the comfort level that he's playing with right now.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          Yi is having a really amazing game. This is blowing my mind. He could really do some things in the NBA if he ever played with the comfort level that he's playing with right now.
          That's what I thought too; it's not like he's going up against scrubs, he's playing a team that would be a contender in the nba.

Comment

He pretty much was guarded by Ibaka or one of the Gasol's all game. He did some serious work.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Claver out of Spain has impressed he as well.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

yess he really impressed me he absolutely went off
                We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  Claver out of Spain has impressed he as well.
                  He barely played?

Comment

I find it interesting how a good portion of this thread was that a good olympics from Calderon would not change anyone's NBA perspective...where as I'm sure there are some people who are looking at Yi with different eyes after his performance against Spain.

Calderon's worth will not be altered drastically, but to see a fit within a different system could renew a teams interest. I'm not saying it will be so, but simply that a successful Olympics will be part of the picture of how he is viewed.
                    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Crap I missed it

Boxscore and highlights?
                      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                        I find it interesting how a good portion of this thread was that a good olympics from Calderon would not change anyone's NBA perspective...where as I'm sure there are some people who are looking at Yi with different eyes after his performance against Spain.

Calderon's worth will not be altered drastically, but to see a fit within a different system could renew a teams interest. I'm not saying it will be so, but simply that a successful Olympics will be part of the picture of how he is viewed.
                        That's because there is a big difference between the two players. Calderon is what he is, everyone knows what he can and cannot. Now, if Calderon suddenly would start putting up 20+ points a game, I'd change my view. But that won't happen because we know what he is, and he will play accordingly; everybody knows he's solid in international play and that's what he'll show, nothing more, nothing less. Yi Jianlian on the other hand, is a dissapointing lottery selection. If he can show on an international stage that he can compete against top nba opponents (an effective 30 points against Spain today) that might change his stock a bit and help him to get more minutes next year. But it's also very well possible that this doesn't change the opinion of gm's at all because they know more about him than I do.

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                          Crap I missed it

Boxscore and highlights?
                          All boxscores are here http://www.london2012.com/basketball/; don't know where to find highlights.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                            He barely played?
                            sorry, i meant in general so far. in the game against the americans he did very well.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                              All boxscores are here http://www.london2012.com/basketball/; don't know where to find highlights.
                              Looks like a solid .. but nothing overly special 12 and 3 for Jose ..

As to the trade rumours .. can we please stop talking about Jose for [insert all-star/borderline all star player]? We will get a late first rounder or 2nd rounder (the same thing we could have got at best if we traded him last year) if we are lucky. We just about amnestied him.

If we get an AI or RG in a trade, it wont be because Jose impresses someone in the olympics .. it will be because of what else we include in the deal (think DD, young assets or picks)

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                                Looks like a solid .. but nothing overly special 12 and 3 for Jose ..

As to the trade rumours .. can we please stop talking about Jose for [insert all-star/borderline all star player]? We will get a late first rounder or 2nd rounder (the same thing we could have got at best if we traded him last year) if we are lucky. We just about amnestied him.

If we get an AI or RG in a trade, it wont be because Jose impresses someone in the olympics .. it will be because of what else we include in the deal (think DD, young assets or picks)
                                Maybe I am wrong but any trade of AI or Gay is likely to be made from a financial perspective as well, in my opinion. New trade and free agent rules coming in next summer as part of the CBA and new tax rates for '13-14. Hopefully the Raps can take advantage in a manner similar to Joe Johnson to Brooklyn - not the idea of taking on such a horrible contract but the idea of getting a less than desirable contract for scraps. Much of the competition from other teams for upper tier wings has dried up with Golden State drafting Barnes and Minnesota signing AK47 (of course Cleveland remains an adversary).

Calderon is a big expiring contract and DeRozan could also be considered an expiring contract.
                                Ed Davis could play solid and become a desirable commodity given his rookie contract.
                                The only draft picks the Raps can deal are 2nd round picks - their own '13 and '14 and SAC's '14.

Comment

Working...
                                X