Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to watch Lithuania games during the Olympics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lithuania's goal is to win a basketball game, not necessarily to feature a recent NBA first round pick as in a summer league game. Nigeria beat Lithuania recently in the qualifier in Venezuela so today's game plan was an effective one.

From watching the first two Olympic matches, the game plan each game for Jonas has been that he starts and plays until he gets his first foul and goes to the bench until the second quarter and he plays a couple minutes until he gets that second foul. He starts the third quarter and plays until that third foul and back to the bench.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
      Lithuania's goal is to win a basketball game, not necessarily to feature a recent NBA first round pick as in a summer league game. Nigeria beat Lithuania recently in the qualifier in Venezuela so today's game plan was an effective one.

From watching the first two Olympic matches, the game plan each game for Jonas has been that he starts and plays until he gets his first foul and goes to the bench until the second quarter and he plays a couple minutes until he gets that second foul. He starts the third quarter and plays until that third foul and back to the bench.
      +1

Really hate how people on these boards are acting so ignorant. JV isn't going to play if he sucks ass just for the sake of advertising. If we have better / more effective options we will use them.

People need to get it into their heads - JV isn't the best player on the Lithuanian team. Not even the 2nd option. Or 3rd...

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
        +1

Really hate how people on these boards are acting so ignorant. JV isn't going to play if he sucks ass just for the sake of advertising. If we have better / more effective options we will use them.

People need to get it into their heads - JV isn't the best player on the Lithuanian team. Not even the 2nd option. Or 3rd...
        Are you serious, is a dunk not the best option on offense, because he would have at least 5 dunks if his teammates would look up once in a while, or when he is matched up against a 6ft9 guy is his hook shoot not a better % shot then a contested three by kleiza, I do understand the coach has a set plan, but seriously kleiza has him in the post with great position looks him off and jacks up a three

Comment

MyTEAM4Life wrote: View Post
          Are you serious, is a dunk not the best option on offense, because he would have at least 5 dunks if his teammates would look up once in a while, or when he is matched up against a 6ft9 guy is his hook shoot not a better % shot then a contested three by kleiza, I do understand the coach has a set plan, but seriously kleiza has him in the post with great position looks him off and jacks up a three
          IN A PERFECT WORLD I'D SAY YOU'RE RIGHT.

Reality though is such that JV isn't capable yet of doing those 5-6 dunks on a daily basis. He would've fouled out before that or get his dunks rejected by those athletic Nigerians. JV is still way too weak to be a starter in NBA. JV struggles to put himself in right positions against stronger/bulkier players.

Kavaliauskas was way more effective today both on defense and offense - that's what I call 'other option'.
          Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Tue Jul 31, 2012, 12:07 PM.

Comment

MyTEAM4Life wrote: View Post
            Probably not. Not when he's still one of the youngest (if not THE youngest) and least experienced guys on the squad. This is a veteran laden team and JV was supposed to be coming off the bench until the other dude got hurt. It's a long way from dominating the U19 tourney to starting in the Olympics. I'd bet that especially after having lost the Eurobasket on their home court and having to go to the last ditch qualifier they have a ton of pressure on them to medal in London. Totally natural for the coach to go with the vets.
            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

minks77 wrote: View Post
              Probably not. Not when he's still one of the youngest (if not THE youngest) and least experienced guys on the squad. This is a veteran laden team and JV was supposed to be coming off the bench until the other dude got hurt. It's a long way from dominating the U19 tourney to starting in the Olympics. I'd bet that especially after having lost the Eurobasket on their home court and having to go to the last ditch qualifier they have a ton of pressure on them to medal in London. Totally natural for the coach to go with the vets.
              It really is, and people need to have some lower expectations with this kid. He'll be good, but he's going to have a lot of bad games this year. This is a great chance for him to play at a higher level than he ever has, and right before making the jump to the NBA. Given that by all accounts he's a workhorse, this should motivate him to work even harder, even in the time before next season. I'm sure the coach for the Lithuanian team would like to play him more if he earns it, and it makes sense to play vets more on this stage. I'm sure they even know the value of getting him this experience now, much like Anthony Davis with team USA, who will probably barely play if at all, just to be in this atmosphere and see what the best players in the world are like. It'll all pay off down the road.

Comment

omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
                Kavaliauskas was way more effective today both on defense and offense - that's what I call 'other option'.
                Jv was really good on defense, he definetly altered more shots than Kavaliauskas, and kept his matchup in check, I think JV getting so little time is more of a trust issue than anything else, you want a young player to boost his confidence draw some plays for him, let him post up at least when your team is up by 20...

Comment

Working...
                X