Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Humphries finding a niche with the Nets!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humphries finding a niche with the Nets!?

Recently our former beloved and at-times agitating PF hustle-man Kris Humphries is tearing it up with good off-the-pint contributions for the New Jersey Nyets.

Look at his stats for this score at the same night we dispatched the Heat:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore...gid=2010012717

That stat-line ain't bad, ain't it? Check out his game log on:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...Dx1caXrHL_PKB4

*Take note he started playing for the Nets on Jan 13, 2010 after a trade with Dallas

Consider the fact that Eduardo Nejara is traded and Sean Williams has been arrested for dumb-ass off-court activities, Kris Humphries is almost or is guaranteed with getting all the playing time he needs/wants.

So Hump is doing some serious stat-padding while his entire Nets team is in the crapper. Don't you feel good for this guy a bit? At times I totally wanted to clock this dude every time in the head when he takes an ill-advised jumper as a Raptor, but he really should still stay on the court because he chases every loose ball and swings the momentum of the game for the Raptors with his fast-break dunks. Blame him, his injuries, or just Smitch's atrocious rotations, but wouldn't you want this guy in our team again in exchange for POB under Jay Triano's rotation?

Prolly not because we have Amir Johnson, but we should always be in stock with quality Front court depth and hustle.

So the Nets are 4-40 now, but as I always put in mind for every NBA team: a single decent new player on a 15-player roster can change the attitude and complexion of an entire NBA ball club. So they got rid of an old guy, subtracted a criminal-record-dumb-thug , and added beef-and-hustle from Humphries. This might rub off on the Nets very positively and make them actually win against bad teams or teams that are sleeping. I think Humphries might make his current team the 2nd or 3rd worst team in the NBA.

We still got 3 games with the Nets to play and Hump will, yes I said WILL, get 30 minutes a game off the bench to to damage. Imagine if he sees us again, I'm sure he will be so motivated to steal rebounds away from us and make us throw a remote to our TVs. So don't ever take these Nets likely if they have Humphries off the bench, I'm telling ya'll.

I wish all the best to The Hump as he can be the new MJ of Jersey. Still, my final prediction for the Nets total wins rests at 8 on the season. They can take a few from the Wizards... right?

Comment

Give him $50 million over 5 years BC

Comment

Wow! 25 and 8 for the Hump, pretty impressive. I have to admit that this guy is one of the nicest guys and deserves some success in the league. His problem on the Raps was that he didn't realize that he was always the 5th option on the floor. He often forced jumpers or drives to the basket when they were clearly trying to run a play for someone else. I don't know if he's just one of those strong, athletic players that doesn't get it on the court and doesn't fit well in a lot of rotations. He had a lot of great games for Toronto, but he had a lot more games that he made really dumb mistakes and got yanked and buried on the bench for the next few games. High energy guy, much like Pops was, but didn't realize that he isn't and will never be the 1st option on the court. He needs to accept that he is a role player and just work hard at that. Met him a few times and he was a really nice, soft spoken guy that aside from his size, you would never know that he was a professional athlete. He doesn't have that cockiness and attitude that so many pro athletes have these days. I wish him well in NJ.

Comment

On this Raptors team.....Humphries or Amir?

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            Amir x100! He is a hustle guy like Hump, but he does realize that he is there for energy, rebounds and running the floor. He needs to work on the number of fouls he gets for the time that he's on the floor, but he is consistent and knows his role. Can't say the same for Humphries. Amir is a great fit for this team, I doubt that Hump would be.

Comment

Dallas shouldn't have let Hump go. He could have been a valuable bench player for them.

It's good to see him get some consistent minutes in NJ.
              nbaroundtable

Comment

I kind of feel bad for Hump...although maybe he likes getting the minutes on a losing team. I figure he would have liked to be a player on a good team and maybe get some playoff minutes on a contender.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                  Amir, not even close. Like Jibba Jabba says Amir knows his role and executes it perfectly . He doesn't try to play outside of his game.

JibbaJabba34 wrote: View Post
                  Amir x100! He is a hustle guy like Hump, but he does realize that he is there for energy, rebounds and running the floor. He needs to work on the number of fouls he gets for the time that he's on the floor, but he is consistent and knows his role. Can't say the same for Humphries. Amir is a great fit for this team, I doubt that Hump would be.
                  +1

Good for Hump. I too ran into him in T Dot and he was a real cool dude. Hopefully he has continued success in the swamplands.
                  Last edited by .40 Cal Flakes; Thu Jan 28, 2010, 06:11 PM.

Comment

i always liked KH when he was a Raptor ... played hard every night ! couldn't say that about most of the other raptors that were playing.
                    ~ Court Surfing ~

Comment

Working...
                    X