X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• According to Slam: Raptors among five teams to make a huge jump

23 wins in a shortened season.??

Quote from SLAM:
    The Raptors are a pretty unique team. While nobody was looking, they’ve stockpiled a pretty solid roster, top-to-bottom.

Someone will call this question to be premature. However, it doesnt matter - here it goes.

I say Raptors go .500 +/-2gms with present roster. How many wins do you think Raptors will end-up with?

Cheers
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

It seems the media is placing a playoff expectation on the Raptors
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

It's nice to see some recognition. Anybody with a proper sense really has to realize that the Raptors is a team on the rise.
      I say 42-40 season and a Game 7 loss in the 1st round.

Comment

Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
        What media? Do you have any links?

Comment

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...ing-somewhere/

They refer to it as "BIGGEST IMPROVEMENT" not sure its that big of a Improvement but yes improvement I suppose.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
            The article states their 2012-13 projection for the Raptors is 37-45, not exactly setting playoff expectations.

Comment

I think we can win a few more games this season. Obviously T-Ross and JVal will be on the learning curve for the most part but with the roster they have today, and a longer training camp, they seemed primed to sneak more than just a couple wins from top tier teams - maybe not Miami but you never know. Prediction 39-43.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
                The article states their 2012-13 projection for the Raptors is 37-45, not exactly setting playoff expectations.
                At least this makes most of the season worth watching. We might still have a "mathematical" possibility well into early April.

Comment

flamingtimbits wrote: View Post
                  It's nice to see some recognition. Anybody with a proper sense really has to realize that the Raptors is a team on the rise.
                  I say 42-40 season and a Game 7 loss in the 1st round.
                  42-40 in the BEST case scenario would grab the Raptors an eight seed. Which sets up your next statement.. You think the Raptors would take the Heat to seven games in the first round?
                  I like hanging around people like you

Comment

7 games? we'll sweep them in 4 book it

Comment

Our record last season with Bargnani in the line up was 13-18 or 41.9 win %, which equates to 34 wins in an 82 game schedule. 37 wins isn't excatly the "Biggest Improvement". That aside, it's not unreasonble a 6 or 7 game improvement with our new additions

Comment

Garbo wrote: View Post
                        42-40 in the BEST case scenario would grab the Raptors an eight seed. Which sets up your next statement.. You think the Raptors would take the Heat to seven games in the first round?
                        I like hanging around people like you
                        You can never really tell. In the 2010-2011 season, the last time they played 82 games, 42-40 was a 6th seed in the East. The 8th seed had a 37-45 record. So 42-40 does not necessarily mean a first round match-up with the defending champs. the Raps are in the East remember? So no, I don't think a 42-40 record would give you a BEST case scenario of #8.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          7 games? we'll sweep them in 4 book it
                          and on my way to work Kate Upton will ask ME out!
                          i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

JStockton wrote: View Post
                            You can never really tell. In the 2010-2011 season, the last time they played 82 games, 42-40 was a 6th seed in the East. The 8th seed had a 37-45 record. So 42-40 does not necessarily mean a first round match-up with the defending champs. the Raps are in the East remember? So no, I don't think a 42-40 record would give you a BEST case scenario of #8.
                            Yeah we are in the east, known to be the NBA's weakest conference. But this conference is improving as quick as a gecko.

Comment

pillowmint wrote: View Post
                              and on my way to work Kate Upton will ask ME out!
                              There's a higher chance we win the nba finals...

Comment

Working...
                              X