According to Slam: Raptors among five teams to make a huge jump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter N wrote: View Post
    Oh Leo or Jack said that? well then it must be true.
    You must seem to have something against me. Seems like everything I say, you take like I've offended you in the past...

Oh well, bully me over the internet all you want lol, won't change what I say.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

charlz wrote: View Post
      35-47 would not surprise me
      44-38 would not surprise me
      I totally agree with this. Either of the records, depending on how the conference shows out (history's past, being weak and less depth to the West), these two records could give a playoff spot.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Did you read my original post? And if you did (and I mean this sincerely and respectfully), did you read it all? I am guilty of having read something wrong, misinterpreted, or skipped something altogether. Here is my original post:

Considering how horrible Bargnani played in 13-15 of his 31 games last year and contributing 'just' -0.9W while having contributed -6.4W in '10-11, him going positive is not out of the question with the assumption he plays more like the other 16-18 games.

A lot of this is just fun on my part with the WP. Games are played on the court, not calculators. And I very much agree with the bold in your post.
        Thats the halarious thing about WP (or I guess about the naming of "wins produced") .. which ironicly has very little to do with whether or not a player actually "produces wins" for his team (especially with guys like K love and reggie evans finishing so high on the list). It should be called "possesions produced" or possesions / point effiency or something like that .. because it has very little correlation with actual wins.

So .. to look at someone like AB that is a -6 and suggest that means that his team would have won six more games without him is non-sensical .. or that Humphries added 8 wins to the Nets last year .. I dont think so.

I like that you have fun with it Matt .. but way to many people that this stat way too seriously ..

Comment

mcsemcp73 wrote: View Post
          Raptors will go 44-38

Atlanta (rebuilding), Orlando( rebuilding with or without D, Boston ( to old even with Rondo), New York (Melo) and
          Chicago (without DR need a bench)

1)Miami
          2)New Jersey
          3)Indiana
          4)Philadelphia
          5)Milwaukee
          6)Toronto
          7) Washington
          8) Chicago (maybe)

You have Boston out of the Playoffs? Washington and Milwaukee in? Either could but both is unlikely...look for something like this

1) Miami
          2) Indiana
          3) Brooklyn
          4) Boston
          5) New York
          6) Chicago
          7) Toronto
          8) Anybody

Comment

I think it'll all come down to how they start the season. I believe our first 7 games are against tough teams. We go +.500 in the first 10 games we make the playoffs. We don't, we will be fighting to crack .500 ball all season.

39-43

Comment

Sheptor wrote: View Post
              You have Boston out of the Playoffs?
              Washington and Milwaukee in? Either could but both is unlikely...look for something like this

1) Miami
              2) Indiana
              3) Brooklyn
              4) Boston
              5) New York
              6) Chicago
              7) Toronto
              8) Anybody
              Partially agree, I don't think Chicago makes it.

Comment

knowledgep wrote: View Post
                Partially agree, I don't think Chicago makes it.
                Chicago was an above average team without D-Rose.. Than again, they lost two very good back-ups in Lucas III, and Watson. No Asik either.

Comment

Had Bargnani not been hurt last season you could reasonably argue that the Raptors could have been in the hunt for the 8th seed. This season I feel they have a really good chance at getting in. They won't need a .500 record for 8th seed.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Had Bargnani not been hurt last season you could reasonably argue that the Raptors could have been in the hunt for the 8th seed. This season I feel they have a really good chance at getting in. They won't need a .500 record for 8th seed.
                    +1

Comment

The raptors aren't making the playoffs. They're still lacking some things, i feel anyways. There are always injuries and regressions. Jose had a career year last year, but, he's not the starter anymore and is on the trade block.
                      There is one difference right there. Alot of little things went right last year that seem flukey.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Going back to negativity that you showed here last season?
                        TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                          The raptors aren't making the playoffs. They're still lacking some things, i feel anyways. There are always injuries and regressions. Jose had a career year last year, but, he's not the starter anymore and is on the trade block.
                          There is one difference right there. Alot of little things went right last year that seem flukey.
                          No we're makin the playoffs!!!!

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            No we're makin the playoffs!!!!
                            +1

we are in this year in the east.

Comment

I think the playoffs is a possibility, and I see the bottom for us as, BARELY missing that 8th spot. Depending on how all the other teams play out and with their new additions, Toronto may very well be looking at a first round exit. Which I would not be unhappy with quite frankly. Any step towards the playoffs and earning recognition is the best for this team as they grow.

This team is very capable of being an above .500 team, but also capable of barely missing the playoffs like 2010.

Comment

We'll be 2nd in the atlantic behind the C's

Comment

Working...
                                X