Raptor PG Controversy: Part 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Ford was a pretty good player before the 2nd stinger received from Horford. I'm not sure you are giving him proper credit but that is your prerogative.

I'm basing my opinion on pre-Horford.... not after.

Also, Lowry has never played a game for the Raptors. The only PG I feel no doubt about it, 100% confident he is better than in the group of Ford, Jack, and Calderon is Jack.

I do remember that, and yes he was a very good player, credit is deserved, and we wouldn't have had the success without him.

Lowry has never played a game with Toronto, but from what I saw in Houston I just think he is the better player and will only continue to get better. Just my opinion, and that is your opinion.

He is better than Jack I agree, but I also believe he is better than Ford and Calderon in ways, mostly defensively and the all-around game. Especially transitioning into a defensive system/team, he has the potential to be the better player for the Raptors as well.
    Last edited by ReubenJRD; Tue Aug 7, 2012, 07:11 PM.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post

I do remember that, and yes he was a very good player, credit is deserved, and we wouldn't have had the success without him.

Lowry has never played a game with Toronto, but from what I saw in Houston I just think he is the better player and will only continue to get better. Just my opinion, and that is your opinion.

He is better than Jack I agree, but I also believe he is better than Ford and Calderon in ways, mostly defensively and the all-around game. Especially transitioning into a defensive system/team, he has the potential to be the better player for the Raptors as well.
      You very well could be right and I hope you are. Personally, I do think you are.

I'm just going to wait from anointing the best point guard duo in Raptor history until Lowry has played a few games.

Comment

You very well could be right and I hope you are. Personally, I do think you are.

I'm just going to wait from anointing the best point guard duo in Raptor history until Lowry has played a few games.
        It's only going to be the best point guard duo if Calderon chooses to stay, and Lowry just continues to put in work like he has been so far in his career.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Totally disagree with all of those teams but that aside the main thing is at this point in time I am not sure if any of those teams would have means to acquire him now. Next summer in free agency would be a different story but he'd be a backup on majority of teams as well.
          True. Not now, but at trade deadline the value of contract will be significantly less & thus easier to complete a trade.
          Also more teams with deep playoff aspirations might "pop up" looking for a backup;
          Injuries to starters (Eg Rose...)

Comment

Working...
          X