No love for Kleiza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    in international play tweeners aren't as exposed. in the nba the talent jumps and people are either bigger than you if you go up and faster than you if you go down.

klieza is a good player but he always plays well in international competition
    He had (what?) 25 points against a fairly decent US team (loaded with threes & fours). Can you get better competition than that?

Comment

Katman wrote: View Post
      That's simply not true, BC wanted him. Why offer a poison pill contract unless you do. BC could have accomplished taking Fields out of possible Pheonix trade scenarios by simply making a 3 yrs for 15M offer sheet. The only reason to offer the poison pill contract is to get the player.
      Wrong. BC offered this much because he knew LF would sign it quick (since it was clearly above market). IMO, LF would have jumped at 3 yrs $15 mm too .. but I guess BC didnt think so. The quickness was the key to the nash deal .. if LF says "no thanks, Ill play the field and see what else is out there" ... then the whole blocking thing is screwed up.

btw - the "poison pill' simply refers to the back-end loaded portion of the contact. Same thing could have been accomplished with 3 yrs $15 mm - at, say $3.5m, $3.5m, $8 mm .. where the last year hits the Knicks hard, the same way this deal did (of course a little less hard .. but you get the idea)

Comment

That's simply not true, BC wanted him. Why offer a poison pill contract unless you do. BC could have accomplished taking Fields out of possible Pheonix trade scenarios by simply making a 3 yrs for 15M offer sheet. The only reason to offer the poison pill contract is to get the player.
        And also .. BC has flat out admitted that part of the Landry situation was in an effort to get Nash .. Im pretty sure thats undisputable.

It doesnt mean he hates him as a player .. obviously he thinks he can help the team .. its simply that he overpaid him in an attempt to make the whole nash thing work ..

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
          Wrong. BC offered this much because he knew LF would sign it quick (since it was clearly above market). IMO, LF would have jumped at 3 yrs $15 mm too .. but I guess BC didnt think so. The quickness was the key to the nash deal .. if LF says "no thanks, Ill play the field and see what else is out there" ... then the whole blocking thing is screwed up.

btw - the "poison pill' simply refers to the back-end loaded portion of the contact. Same thing could have been accomplished with 3 yrs $15 mm - at, say $3.5m, $3.5m, $8 mm .. where the last year hits the Knicks hard, the same way this deal did (of course a little less hard .. but you get the idea)
          In your opinion, stop stating things as facts that you can't substantiate.
          Last edited by Katman; Sun Aug 5, 2012, 10:31 AM.

Comment

In your opinion, stop stating things as facts that you can substantiate.
            I love that comeback. Because your statement below is an undisputable fact?

"That's simply not true, BC wanted him. Why offer a poison pill contract unless you do. BC could have accomplished taking Fields out of possible Pheonix trade scenarios by simply making a 3 yrs for 15M offer sheet. The only reason to offer the poison pill contract is to get the player."

Come on people .. everything written on here is based on peoples opinions. If I need to qualify every post I make with "in my opinion", just to make it exactly the same as every other post on here .. then fair enough (actually as I look up, I even used "IMO" .. geez.

As Ive stated here before .. no, I dont talk to BC before I post here (no one does), and no, I dont have any inside NBA knowledge (no one here does) .. I simply state what I think based on everything I read and hear, combined with common sense.

So .. hitting me with the "in your opinion" doesnt hold much water since its a qualified of 99% of everything posted on this site ..

Comment

Yes, there were mitigating circumstances dictating his price tag. The Raptors initially offered it thinking that they were kneecapping New York's sign-and-trade bid to bring Steve Nash to the Knicks, which turned out to be a useless gesture since Nash ended up with the Los Angeles Lakers. The Raptors also truly wanted him on the team, and so they needed an offer large enough to keep New York from matching it, which was their right since Fields was their restricted free agent. Considering the fact that some believed right up until the eleventh hour that New York might match, it gives some credence to the notion that Toronto had to pay what it did to shake him loose.
              Tim Chisolm TSN
              Granted there is probably opinion in his article too, but I'll trust a reporter over blanket blog statements like

I think we all know thats due to the nash blunder
              Let's turn thee discussion back to Klieza, rather than an argument over excessive hyperbole.

Comment

mountio wrote: View Post
                I think a LK/DD starting lineup with Ross and LF filling in the 2/3 off the bench is entirely possible. On the one hand, I can certainly see them wanting to justify the $ they spent on Fields .. but on the other hand ... hes really more of a 2 and is LK truly is healthy for the first time, he may well be our best option at the 3.
                I don't think Dwayne Casey cares for one second how much each Raptor is earning. At least, I sincerely hope he doesn't.
                Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
                  He had (what?) 25 points against a fairly decent US team. Can you get better competition than that?
                  one game dude. congrats on klieza having a good olympics but he isn't going to come back to the raptors next year an entirely new player who plays like this all the time. not going to happen. he will fill his role off the bench and some games he will drop 20 points on hot shooting and others he will drop 3 on 1-6 from 3. the fiba 3 is closer then the nba 3.

i am not putting him down, i like klieza, but this site does have a way to overvalue players or get out of hand quickly. if you go look at kliezas fiba history. he always plays well in these competition.

here he is in the 2012 qualifying tournament and these teams aren't america
                  http://london2012.fiba.com/pages/eng...ent/index.html
                  a couple 13 and 14 point games in there

here is 2010 world cup and if you look at this american game he only had 4 points
                  http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng...5/profile.html

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                    here is 2010 world cup and if you look at this american game he only had 4 points
                    http://turkey2010.fiba.com/pages/eng...5/profile.html
                    One game dude. Iggy shut him down.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                      One game dude. Iggy shut him down.
                      haha. i know that. using it as an example that one game doesn't make a case.

Comment

In your opinion, stop stating things as facts that you can't substantiate.
                        you mean something like

That's simply not true, BC wanted him.
                        ?

I'll trust a reporter over blanket blog statements like
                        so what if a reporter said something like

I don't care what the Raptors are saying, they would have never paid him that much money had they known Nash was heading to L.A
                        we should trust that is now true, after all its a reporter saying it

On an unrelated note, Kleiza has been very good at the olympics.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                          How does this look for a bench unit, all 5 guys non-starters

PG Jose
                          SG Ross
                          SF Linas
                          PF Ed/Amir
                          C Amir/Ed

I like what that line-up could bring to the floor, good shooters, good post play, athleticism, can work in the half court or on the break. Early in the year we may see Amir as a Starter with Jonas off the bench, but it could be Gray starting in November as well.
                          I just took in that with the exception of Ross that was our starting lineup last year with bargnani out. Crazy, our bench is deeper than I thought.

Comment

nothing wrong with Linas now that he is healthy!!!!

Comment

Klieza

Kleiza

Comment

Really waiting for the upcoming Raptors season with a healthy Linus Clayza and Lil' Val. They should snatch Martynas Pocius as well, I heard Real is selling him (what's that biggest sum NBA could pay for a buyout?).
                                Last edited by omgsomuchpotential; Sun Aug 5, 2012, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X