This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WJF wrote: View Post
    I would assume that seeing as I am in Nova Scotia I will be in the East division.
    I sense a deep rivalry developing here. You will have to travel further east and cross a certain Causeway when we play on my court.

Comment

*****Draft date change*****

It's been changed. It's going to take time for everybody to announce their cap allocation and to record it. It's a dynasty league, a long term league, so please no complaints about it being almost a month before tip off. In the grand scheme of things it won't mean anything.

Thanks,

Apollo

Comment

I did some early conference juggling. I moved Joey to the east so that we have a commish in each conference.
        Last edited by Apollo; Mon Sep 10, 2012, 08:43 PM. Reason: .

Comment

A question on the initial auction.
          Is there a $ cap?

Comment

$200. This number has no connection to the roster cap there after. It's just a means to fairly roster each team. It's a one time thing.

Comment

Where was the invite sent

Comment

alex_elstone wrote: View Post
                Where was the invite sent
                Should be in your Inbox here at RR.

Comment

I am not sure if this is possible or not.

Would we be able to do two drafts this year, one for the vets and one for this years rookie class?
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I really think we should do a weekly lineup instead of a daily one.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                      I am not sure if this is possible or not.

Would we be able to do two drafts this year, one for the vets and one for this years rookie class?
                      Not possible.

Comment

alex_elstone wrote: View Post
                        I really think we should do a weekly lineup instead of a daily one.
                        You can set your lineup as far in as advance as you want regardless of whether it's weekly or daily.

Comment

Hi. I've joined the league! I'm relatively new to RR forums but I consider myself a fantasy bball vet. I hope the draft day remains set for anytime before the 10th of October as it is now. Glad to have an auction style and looking forward to the season.
                          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Happy to have you aboard Koncept. If you have any questions feel free to post them here and we will help you.

The draft needs to be early to prep everything for the season and so the 10th makes sense. Immediately after that everyone will have three days to submit their salary cap numbers.

Comment

I've created a league group page and sent out invites to all. All league decisions will get posted there (ie: trade vetos, rules changes, etc.)

Check in from time to time.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                                3. Is it correct that a team can't pick up free agents from the wire at the exact moment that they have been eliminated? You (Apollo) mentioned in the first post that year 2 draft only features the rookies. What happens to the unsigned free agents that teams had to drop?
                                Apollo wrote: View Post
                                3. explained this earlier. FA's hit the WW. You'll have a WW budget to big on players after the draft. This budget has nothing to do with your cap.
                                Thanks for the answers; I got a followup question about this one.

I meant the following: after each season every team will have to drop about 5/6 players (I guess). Due to the cap of 35 years for 15 players and allowing re-signing of 2 players each season a team can 'only' have a core off about 9 players (e.g. 2 signed for 1 year, 2 for 2, 2 for 3, 2 for 4, 1 for 5 makes 25, 10 under the cap for 6 players and manouvring room during the season).

That means every year, with a 16-team league, about 90 players will be free-agent after the season (or at the start of the next?). That's a lot, and probably there will be quite a few players people are interested in.

What happens with these players, when can you pick them up in the next season? Are they simply free-agents and will I have to sleep at the door of the league to be there the exact moment the season starts and I can pick them up before anyone else does? How will this work?

Comment

Working...
                                X