• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicago signs Nate Robinson.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/07/31/b....ap/index.html

Bulls agree to contract with Nate Robinson

Posted Jul 31 2012 7:23PM
    CHICAGO (AP) -- The Chicago Bulls say they have agreed to a contract with point guard Nate Robinson.

The Bulls announced the deal on Tuesday after reaching an agreement the previous day.
    A three-time slam dunk champion, Robinson regained his form with Golden State last season after playing in just four games with Oklahoma City the previous season following a midseason trade from Boston. He averaged 11.2 points and 4.5 assists for the Warriors.
    He joins veteran Kirk Hinrich at the position as the Bulls try to get by without Derrick Rose. The 2011 NBA MVP is expected to miss a big portion of the season while recovering from knee surgery.
    Hinrich is in his second stint with the Bulls after signing with them last week.
    I just thought this was kind of interesting. The Bulls are loading themselves of point guards, while Derrick Rose is estimated to be back in January.

Hinrich, Teague, Robinson. If Rose returns this team will be very deep team, because Hinrich and Robinson are capable of playing the two.

Anyone think this team can still be a top 4 team without Derrick Rose for half a season? I mean, the Bulls were solid WITHOUT Rose for hand full of games, even though he did play in a solid number of games as well. No Derrick Rose on the court whatsoever until January seems too unfortunate.
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    http://www.nba.com/2012/news/07/31/b....ap/index.html

I just thought this was kind of interesting. The Bulls are loading themselves of point guards, while Derrick Rose is estimated to be back in January.

Hinrich, Teague, Robinson. If Rose returns this team will be very deep team, because Hinrich and Robinson are capable of playing the two.

Anyone think this team can still be a top 4 team without Derrick Rose for half a season? I mean, the Bulls were solid WITHOUT Rose for hand full of games, even though he did play in a solid number of games as well. No Derrick Rose on the court whatsoever until January seems too unfortunate.
    It hurts not having Rose for 3-4 months. As much as they have stacked point guards to make up for Rose being injured, I don't think they can still be a top 4 team in the East. It's pretty hard to replace the productivity of someone as talented as Rose. They still have the issue of Boozer who has always had issues with consistency on the offensive end and the lack of defensive presence. I don't see them as a top 4 team but I can see them in the 5th or 6th spot in the East, but the Bulls can surprise me and I would welcome that.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
      It hurts not having Rose for 3-4 months. As much as they have stacked point guards to make up for Rose being injured, I don't think they can still be a top 4 team in the East. It's pretty hard to replace the productivity of someone as talented as Rose. They still have the issue of Boozer who has always had issues with consistency on the offensive end and the lack of defensive presence. I don't see them as a top 4 team but I can see them in the 5th or 6th spot in the East, but the Bulls can surprise me and I would welcome that.
      I agree with you, I think they're a veteran team in my eyes. Derrick Rose has made the playoffs every year of his career (correct me if mistaken), not to mention the starting lineup of that team has been in the playoffs. They know how good they can be, so now, it's a matter of, "lets get into the playoffs, and worry about health first." Just like the Celtics this past post-season.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        I agree with you, I think they're a veteran team in my eyes. Derrick Rose has made the playoffs every year of his career (correct me if mistaken), not to mention the starting lineup of that team has been in the playoffs. They know how good they can be, so now, it's a matter of, "lets get into the playoffs, and worry about health first." Just like the Celtics this past post-season.
        I have no doubt that they can make playoff next year. However, there are more important concerns I have with the Bulls. Firstly, I don't think the question should be "Can the Bulls make the playoffs", but rather it should be "How far will they make it into the playoffs". The Bulls have a rather solid roster with an without Rose. While they don't have Rose for at least half the season, they should still be able to make the playoffs. Secondly, the most important concern is how will Rose play coming out of injury. There is a concern that this injury might slow down his career.

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
          I have no doubt that they can make playoff next year. However, there are more important concerns I have with the Bulls. Firstly, I don't think the question should be "Can the Bulls make the playoffs", but rather it should be "How far will they make it into the playoffs". The Bulls have a rather solid roster with an without Rose. While they don't have Rose for at least half the season, they should still be able to make the playoffs. Secondly, the most important concern is how will Rose play coming out of injury. There is a concern that this injury might slow down his career.
          I think the Bulls can at LEAST make it past the first round, they are very deep in the back-court WITH Rose.

Starters: Rose, Hamilton Reserves: Hinrich, Robinson, Teague, Bellinelli, Jimmy Butler.

Front-court starters: Deng, Boozer, Noah. Reserves: Radmanovic, Gibson, Nazr Mohammed.

They're deeper than last year, but maybe not as talented losing JL3, Watson, Brewer, Asik, Korver.

If Rose doesn't return to MVP type form, Deng and Noah continue to have nagging injuries, and Boozer's inconsistencies... This could quickly become a treadmill team trying to break the top 4 in the East...

Comment

Working...
          X