tor knicks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    I wasn't doing it disrespectfully. I was being sarcastic using a strong word for emphasis. Sorry, did I make someone cry by using a word 99.9% of us use in the real world? If you read my original post, after that whole break of a trade proposal, I merely asked for a change to make trade proposals more realistic, and said that in MY OPINION, it is useless blabber to me.

Conversational tone seems to be nothing that can get by on the internet. *sigh* imagine you and your best friend having a conversation, and saying the same things I posted, and the original thread post. I respect EVERYONE on this thread as a person of interest, people that I can look to who are knowledgeable, and have a sense of being able to take whatever feedback is being given. I treat no one differently. Especially the average of people on this forum is at least twice my age, am I supposed to be easy spoken with an environment of mature beings?

I'm sorry if I really offended anyone, but I'm not the only one who is constantly annoyed with crazy trade proposals, I just decided to express my feelings. Whether anyone cares or not, so be it.

SWER.
    No hard feelings my friend. Just because I mentioned respect, doesn't mean I don't disrespect people. As human beings we all make mistakes. I'm sure every RR member has something he wishes he could take back. Not implying that you should wish you could take back something. Just asking you not to take this too seriously.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
      No hard feelings my friend. Just because I mentioned respect, doesn't mean I don't disrespect people. As human beings we all make mistakes. I'm sure every RR member has something he wishes he could take back. Not implying that you should wish you could take back something. Just asking you not to take this too seriously.
      I didn't take this too seriously, it's just who I am as a person. I expressed what I felt, and I also understand what people are trying to say. Yes, I was being a dick, but my post was purely conversational, and my opinion on things.

I don't regret what I said, but I will apologize to anyone offended in my words. I love everyone on this forum (pause, no homo), just expressed my opinion on the constant crazy trade proposals. Not a fan of it. If it was realistic towards the team, like the Jose situation, the poster backs it up with statistics and financials on why either side would do it, and the full benefits/downfalls of a trade.

Just who I am as a person, I didn't come here to read LeBron James for Demar Derozan, (hell that would be amazing, but c'mon), I came here to read about my team, and what people suggests should/shouldn't happen in general. Trades being a huge contributor on what happens to a team.

Again, I apologize to those who I offended in my expressions, but I merely tried to get my point across and suggestions out, BUT, I do not regret what I said. There are people who can take feedback, and people who can't. Happens in basketball, happens in life. I say it as it is.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

tor knicks

Hey guys, I'm a big boy, don't care if people dump on a fake trade posted on a fake trade website. Although how the Internet encourages people to be immature in their tone always amazes me. Btw, it wasn't AB for Melo, it was AB, DD and LK. And I did put it thru trade machine, it works on $ and rates as +1 for TO and minus 4 for NY.

Comment

gm73 wrote: View Post
          Hey guys, I'm a big boy, don't care if people dump on a fake trade posted on a fake trade website. Although how the Internet encourages people to be immature in their tone always amazes me. Btw, it wasn't AB for Melo, it was AB, DD and LK. And I did put it thru trade machine, it works on $ and rates as +1 for TO and minus 4 for NY.
          Immature in their tone? Can you not take sarcasm my friend? You're a big boy as well?

And +1 for TO, and -4 for NY? That just says why New York would do it right? *sigh* Yes, DD, and LK really sweetens the deal right? While they already have Stoudemire and Chandler to covet the starting 4-5, you are expecting Andrea to come off the bench? Derozan and LK make it a better team talent wise for when they had Carmelo? Really?

*buzzer* Guess again.

EDIT* Why don't you put up the trade machine, and enlighten us on why both teams would do it. Too much to ask?

Comment

tor knicks

I explained briefly in the original post why both teams might consider it. I think on a site like this the fun is getting reactions to proposals. IMO it's more interesting if the dialogue is respectful and not sarcastic, but whatever. Just noticed you are only 16, Reuben; I have nose hairs older than that. Might suggest we try to put this stuff in proper perspective, it's just a game, and we're just a bunch of fans playing with our imaginations. Not life and death, but sorry I caused you such agro.

Comment

I explained briefly in the original post why both teams might consider it. I think on a site like this the fun is getting reactions to proposals. IMO it's more interesting if the dialogue is respectful and not sarcastic, but whatever. Just noticed you are only 16, Reuben; I have nose hairs older than that. Might suggest we try to put this stuff in proper perspective, it's just a game, and we're just a bunch of fans playing with our imaginations. Not life and death, but sorry I caused you such agro.
              We will never win big wo a stud, and Bargs, DD will never be that.
              Knicks can't win with two studs who both need the ball. But a three man big rotation of Chandler, Amare and AB would be diverse, effective.
              We also never won with WITH a stud. i.e Vince Carter, Chris Bosh

Tell me why Andrea Bargnani and Demar Derozan aren't going to be studs? At any rate, you expect Andrea to take a back-seat on the bench? Never the less, a team to give up one of the most prolific scorers in the game, a true NBA superstar, and an all-star player for two 'potential' players?

Elaborate more, because this is a blockbuster trade you are proposing. If anything, you have to explain financially why teams would take it in, not just because they match. I'm merely making suggestions to you on what you can do better on trade proposals..

And that knock at my age, equals your immaturity, thank you. Being 16, and your nose hairs are older than me, shouldn't I be the one cracking at you about my nose hairs, and making fun of you for being old? I thought I was supposed to be the one getting explained too, not the older guy.

You didn't cause me agro, it's the constant trade proposals with no real significance of backing up the proposal that annoy me, just expressing in a way that I feel everyone, and of course yourself (being you're significantly older), can take it. Yes, we're ALL fans, none of us here are actually sitting beside Colangelo right now, but if you're looking to play with your imagination, why not use a fantasy site? Or at LEAST (I've said it over a hundred times now), make it realistic, even if it's something like Derozan for LeBron, back it up. Not trying to drive you away on playing around, just, try harder?

Sorry If I've offended you, but I don't regret any what I've said, and I have nothing against you. Sir.

Comment

tor knicks

Holy #%&*, it reminds me of arguments with my sons when they were hormone-fueled teenagers. U r all over the place, in one para u question letting AB and DD go because they might become studs (obviously nobody knows if that will happen), whether AB would want to sit on the bench (he gets a choice?), and then back to saying knicks would never give up Melo. You don't like the trade, got it. You're gonna argue with whatever logic I present, got that too. Your turn to post a trade proposal.

Comment

Holy #%&*, it reminds me of arguments with my sons when they were hormone-fueled teenagers. U r all over the place, in one para u question letting AB and DD go because they might become studs (obviously nobody knows if that will happen), whether AB would want to sit on the bench (he gets a choice?), and then back to saying knicks would never give up Melo. You don't like the trade, got it. You're gonna argue with whatever logic I present, got that too. Your turn to post a trade proposal.
                  Andrea won't get a choice, but you're expecting him to be happy? Than give me a reason why New York would give up Melo. And the fact that they can't win with two studs is wrong. They've made the playoffs two years in a row. Dynamics of the team changed, but how about the surrounding cast? It's been inconsistent, in fact every player of that team was constantly inconsistent.

No I don't like the trade, but you can easily make it better. And no thanks, I don't post trades like this.

Comment

Working...
                  X