Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Raptors be on the phone with Denver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Is there anyone here that knows exactly why Orlando din't want to take either of the all-stars? Or was there no choice whatsoever in this trade?
    Rob Hennigan is taking the Sam Presti/Seattle approach and totally tearing the team apart. Short term pain for long term gain. Hennigan was the assistant GM in OKC for the last 2 years and had been there for 4 years, I believe.

Presti sent Rashard Lewis to Orlando for nothing but a 2nd round pick and a TPE (oh, back when the TPE were useful).

The plan appears to be to tank this season and next entering July 2014 with 2 high lottery picks and $20M in cap space.

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
      True. BUT: Amir is a fair backup at 4 or 5, & bigs are always in high demand. In addition Chandler has some issues (post injury?). I really believe this is a fair trade (maybe from a Rap fan point of view?)
      "Bigs" might be in high demand .. but I wouldnt say thats true for guys who are 6'9" and relatively skinny. Yes, big bodied 7 footers are always in demand .. but Amir isnt one of them.

I just dont see how anyone can think this is a fair trade at all. Amir is fine .. an average talent and decent 8-9th man in the rotation .. good hustle guy. But he has a pretty bad to bad (depending on your POV) contract .. meaning in the trade world (player value +- contract) he just marginally ahead of positive. So - the only way that I can see this being a anywhere near fair trade is if you think that Chandler's talent plus or minus contract is also just above positive. Given that his contract is certainly no worse than Amir's, the only way you can come to that conclusion is if you think hes also an 8-9th man .. and if thats the case, then why are we even talking about trading for him!

If you believe hes a legit starter than can really help the team .. then thats what we will have to give up (think DD)...

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Rob Hennigan is taking the Sam Presti/Seattle approach and totally tearing the team apart. Short term pain for long term gain. Hennigan was the assistant GM in OKC for the last 2 years and had been there for 4 years, I believe.

Presti sent Rashard Lewis to Orlando for nothing but a 2nd round pick and a TPE (oh, back when the TPE were useful).

The plan appears to be to tank this season and next entering July 2014 with 2 high lottery picks and $20M in cap space.
        Also, ORL had no use for Bynum, as he almost for sure wouldnt resign given how bad the team would be (philly obviously thinks different) .. and likely didnt think that Iggy as a max guy was enough to build a franchise around (I tend to agree .. and Philly has shown that to be true certainly to some extent)

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Well it seems to be the consensus is Orlando did not get the value back, and I felt the team was always going to go under a rebuild.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Well it seems to be the consensus is Orlando did not get the value back, and I felt the team was always going to go under a rebuild.
            Just to clarify, I was only answering the question you asked earlier.

As for this deal, it could be one like Pau Gasol to LAL whereby the Grizzlies showed a few years later it was a good trade afterall.

Comment

• Affalo
              • Harrington
              • Vucevic
              • Harkless
              • 3 protected 1st rounders

Plus other unannounced assets. They could have done a lot worse. If I'm a Magic fan I'm relieved it's over and at least I'm open minded about the future. Vucevic is a baller in five years this trade is gonna look a whole lot better because he's heading that way.

J.J. Redick to Toronto. Book it!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                • Affalo
                • Harrington
                • Vucevic
                • Harkless
                • 3 protected 1st rounders

Plus other unannounced assets. They could have done a lot worse. If I'm a Magic fan I'm relieved it's over and at least I'm open minded about the future. Vucevic is a baller in five years this trade is gonna look a whole lot better because he's heading that way.

J.J. Redick to Toronto. Book it!
                Harkless, Afflalo, and Vucevic could be gems in the next couple. Not to mention they already have Nicholson - the fellow Canadian big man - who dominated Summer League. Orlando will be a losing team, but the future looks bright, not to mention the 3 first rounders.

Comment

Yeah, if the Raptors got half of that for Bosh it would have looked twice as good as what they actually got.

Comment

Calderon + Derozan + Amir/Ed should net us a very solid wing.

Blatantly incorrect. No player you mentioned has trade value. Getting a "very solid" player for the space parts you mentioned out amount to highway robbery.

Comment

Yeah, if the Raptors got half of that for Bosh it would have looked twice as good as what they actually got.
                      Well, I guess you are right, but the Raptors are looking very good as well right now I can honestly say.

Comment

NoBan wrote: View Post
                        Blatantly incorrect. No player you mentioned has trade value. Getting a "very solid" player for the space parts you mentioned out amount to highway robbery.
                        Hahahaha, this made me laugh. Thanks for that.

You are incorrect my friend. Any team would welcome EITHER of these players on their team. Mostly contenders or young teams.

Comment

Well, I guess you are right, but the Raptors are looking very good as well right now I can honestly say.
                          Sure you can, they didn't get much for Bosh. It is what it is. The current team wasn't a direct result of what they got for Bosh, well not planned anyway. It worked out well but you can't tell me the plan was to draft 5th and that JV would fall to 5th. Colangelo did a good job of acting on his toes after letting Bosh go for virtually nothing.

Comment

Sure you can, they didn't get much for Bosh. It is what it is. The current team wasn't a direct result of what they got for Bosh, well not planned anyway. It worked out well but you can't tell me the plan was to draft 5th and that JV would fall to 5th. Colangelo did a good job of acting on his toe after letting Bosh go for virtually nothing.
                            Wasn't it a sign-and-trade for a TPE?

And yes, I can't tell you Colangelo's plan was to have JV drafted lower than expected, but I can tell you he didn't do a bad job of recreating the team from bottom up.

Comment

Wasn't it a sign-and-trade for a TPE?
                              Yeah, virtually nothing. A S&T for something that he could turn around and wave in the air and say "see, we got something". Great, how many three and rebounds did the TPE get last year?

And yes, I can't tell you Colangelo's plan was to have JV drafted lower than expected, but I can tell you he didn't do a bad job of recreating the team from bottom up.
                              I'll reserve judgment until after I see something on court.

Comment

I'll reserve judgment until after I see something on court.
                                Can't deny the fact Colangelo made something look good on paper for once.

Comment

Working...
                                X