The Bourne Legacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bourne Legacy

Has anybody seen this yet? I've been anticipating it for quite a while and really want to go see it!

Jeremy Renner is on a whole nother level right now! The more interviews I see with him, the more I'm like "damn! This guy is one cool cat!"

Damon did a great job as Jason Bourne. But, It's great to see the writer (Tony Gilroy) really take us deep into just what the series is all about.

You know your going to get two solid performances. When you've got Renner and Norton. I'm intrigued to know just how much they have to carry the film though.

Anyways, when you see it. Be sure to give your review on here.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

When I first heard damon was going to be starring as Bourne in the movie I was like "WTF?" but he did an outstanding job. I loved those novels in the 80's when they came out. I went back and revisited and they are a bit dated now. Ludlum was never what you would call a great writer. I thought Damon nailed the part. Looking forward to the next iteration.

On another note Mark Wahlberg was excellent in "Shooter" the movie adaptation of Stephen Hunters "Point of Impact" novel. again, another great film adaptation, right up until the last 5 minutes of the film, which was more of a hollywood ending than true to the book. whatever, I'll take what I can get when it comes to decent film entertainment.

Comment

We could talk about "action" novel film adaptions all day.

Wahlberg was good in shooter. Although, the film could have been better.

I've read mixed reviews about "Legacy" so far. I still want to see it.

The biggest dissapointment this year has been "Prometheus". So many questions and problems in that film that it almost seems they did purposely and I don't know why. The editing in that film is the worst, they took out some important scenes and I'm hoping for a directors' cut.

Legacy is hopefully better than the last action film I saw "Lockout". Everything about that film ,sans Guy Pearce's performance, sucked.

Actually, i lied TDKR was the last action film i saw. So, the one before that was Lockout.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

finally got the bourne movie and was not impressed at all. i don't remember bourne having to take meds. is that just me forgeting a detail they didn't dwell on or did that really not happen? definately seems like they knew the script sucked and just filled in the rest with cameos of bournes' name. at one point, even knowing damon isn't in the film, i just figured they would somehow run into him. so he could look renner in the face and we knew they were similar.

maybe i missed something in the first 30 minutes of nothing happening but i'm not sure. and the end was garbage, what kind of action climax was that, lame as shit.

i really hope this doesn't spawn a "bourne" franchise like 007. first three were great and this one was so bad. mega lame

Comment

Too bad about your experience. Thanks for the warning. Maybe I will just go back and re-watch the first three.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            finally got the bourne movie and was not impressed at all. i don't remember bourne having to take meds. is that just me forgeting a detail they didn't dwell on or did that really not happen? definately seems like they knew the script sucked and just filled in the rest with cameos of bournes' name. at one point, even knowing damon isn't in the film, i just figured they would somehow run into him. so he could look renner in the face and we knew they were similar.

maybe i missed something in the first 30 minutes of nothing happening but i'm not sure. and the end was garbage, what kind of action climax was that, lame as shit.

i really hope this doesn't spawn a "bourne" franchise like 007. first three were great and this one was so bad. mega lame
            well, if you were going expecting another "bourne" film. I imagine you would hate it. From what they said it really is about moving on from the legacy left by "bourne". It really has nothing to do with him and is a set up to a potential meeting/teaming of Bourne and Cross in the next one and they are going to try to take down Norton's character or something. At least, that's what I read.

I doubt i'm going to see this in theatres. I'll definitely watch it after it's video release.

Comment

Working...
            X