Which raptor are you looking forward to watching next season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which raptor are you looking forward to watching next season

I know it's early. You may only pick one. Which raptor intrigues you the most for the upcoming season, list whatever reasons. I could only list 10 so I omitted John Lucas, Zubcic and Amir Johnson. I felt that they had the least news in the off season.
    Quincy Acy
    0.00%
    Andrea Bargnani
    10.91%
    Jose Calderon
    0.00%
    Ed Davis
    1.82%
    Demar Derozan
    5.45%
    Landry Fields
    3.64%
    Kyle Lowry
    27.27%
    Linas Kleiza
    0.00%
    Terrence Ross
    7.27%
    Jonas Valanciunas
    43.64%
    Last edited by koncept; Tue Aug 14, 2012, 02:12 AM.
    in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

bargs. i want him to come in a lead this team. i want him to score 20 points a night and grab 6 boards. i want to see his assists go up to 3.5 a game and anything close to a block. i think he can do it. the assists might be the hardest part but to me he is our best player and the only one on the team with the possibilty of carrying us anywhere.

Comment

Andrea.
      I want this to be your year, I really do.
      I had this fantasy, you see, that I would look across the all star roster and I'd see you there, with Carmelo and maybe a couple of Nets. You wouldn't say anything to me, nor me to you. But we'd both know that you'd made it, that you were happy. I never wanted you to have to play centre. I always knew there was nothing there for you, except pain and tragedy. And I wanted something more for you than that. I still do.

Comment

I'm a defense junkie, so it's Jonas all the way for me. His performance at the Olympics was underwhelming for some, but what it showed best for me was his raw ability. He didn't do a great job on pick-and-roll defense much of the time, but the reason was that he was getting himself too far out of position of the hedge. The great thing to see, though, was the way he sometimes managed to use his extraordinary footspeed to get back into the play. With solid coaching, so he doesn't let himself get caught out of position in the first place, he can be an absolute terror on defense--think Joel Anthony with better size and serious shot-blocking abilities. Watching him round into that form, and seeing his defense gradually improve with quality coaching as he adjusts to the NBA game, is the story of the season for me.

On the offensive side, though, I really want to see how the whole thing comes together. We finally have a wing who knows how to move without the ball in Fields (and hopefully Ross too), so with a little luck we'll see far fewer shitty possessions where DeMar runs awkwardly off a couple screens then gets off his trademark catch-and-miss jumper. Jonas has the skills to be an offensive rebounding machine too, so I'm hoping Casey lets him do that instead of sending everyone back on D every time to stifle the potential break like he did last season. (I think Jonas is more than capable of hustling back after fighting for the board.) Plus, the Lowry/Valanciunas pick-and-roll with Bargs spotting up up top, Fields cutting, and Ross in the corner could be a contender-quality offensive option if Ross and Jonas develop the way we're all hoping.

Comment

While I agree with all the sentiments above, Kyle Lowry gets my vote. Jonas is still too raw to offer true excitement and Bargnani at his best, will still be what we saw last season. So Kyle Lowry is the man. Can he put up big numbers on offence while getting teammates involved? Can he stop teams from strolling down the middle of the lane with his one-on-one defence? Can he step up and be a leader?
          Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

swingman wrote: View Post
            Andrea.
            I want this to be your year, I really do.
            I had this fantasy, you see, that I would look across the all star roster and I'd see you there, with Carmelo and maybe a couple of Nets. You wouldn't say anything to me, nor me to you. But we'd both know that you'd made it, that you were happy. I never wanted you to have to play centre. I always knew there was nothing there for you, except pain and tragedy. And I wanted something more for you than that. I still do.
            hahahahaha. awesome post. my laughter scared my dog

Comment

Lowry as my first choice but I'm definitely intrigued by what Jonas brings to the team as well.

Comment

I went with JV but I think I've got a 4-way tie going:

JV, AB, TR, KL

Comment

I'm looking forward to watching Kyle Lowry next season. I'd like to see if he brings some swagger to the team and how it affects guys like DeMar, T. Ross, JV etc.. My runner up is T. Ross because he looks like he could be a threat on offense once he gets his feet wet.

Comment

I really want to see how Demar plays with all the new talent. I think he could have a great year, especially with Ross pushing him a little bit. Demar is no longer the only good sg option. I want to see how he reacts to the light competition.

Also want to watch Lowry and Ross. Really want to see how they play defense with Casey.

Comment

I voted Lowry because what his all-around game brings to the Raps. He gets to the rim easily despite being only 6'0" and plays great defense. I would have picked Jose as my second because it will be interesting to see how he adapts to the back-up role
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I voted for Andrea, I am looking forward to seeing him out a whole season together. I also want to see Linas have a healthy season with a defined role. Add the two rookies to the list as well.....hell, I just want to see the whole team!
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I voted for JV but only because my viewpoint on this matter is so much different than all Raptors' fans. I'm really interested to see how my fellow Lithuanian will translate his talents into a NBA styled game. Also, which one of the two - D-Mo or JV - will have a better rookie year.

Comment

Valanciunas, simply because of the long-term franchise cornerstone type expectations that have been heaped on this kid. I want to see how he transitions to the NBA game, to get a clear idea whether our future-looking expectations are fair, or if we need to rethink the team's 2-5 year strategy. I assume he'll have a steep learning curve and don't think he'll get anywhere close to fulfilling the grand expectations immediately (nor should he), but he'll be the one I am most intrigued to watch.

Bargnani, Lowry and Ross all get honourable mentions, while DeRozan and Davis are facing make-or-break seasons for me (and hopefully for BC).

Comment

Jonas for me.

I've seen what Bargnani can/can't do. I don't expect any surprises next year.

Ross and Lowry would be my 2nd and 3rd choices respectively.

Comment

Working...
                              X