Who is your franchise player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is your franchise player?

This questions is sort of relevant to Matt's other thread of, would you build a team around a player, or build a team and than fit the player.

My question is to you... What player would you start a franchise with and why?

Reasons could be loyalty, finance, on-court, off-court, and etc.

Please notice I went with this generation/decade of players and current ones
    Kevin Durant
    50.00%
    LeBron James
    41.67%
    Kobe Bryant
    0.00%
    Carmelo Anthony
    0.00%
    Derrick Rose
    0.00%
    Other
    8.33%

The poll is expired.

Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

went lebron. lebron is so far ahead of anybody it is ridiculous. lebron plays all around and is among the league leaders of most major stats categories. i don't think it is impossible to imagine that if he wanted to lead the league in assists he could, points, anything except maybe blocks and boards. can play well 1-4 on either side of the ball. just insanely gifted athlete and all he wants to do is win. a big douchebag off the court but simply awesome on it.

Comment

LeBron. Cause of dominance. Funny how everyone is jumping back on the LeBron train these days...

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
        went lebron. lebron is so far ahead of anybody it is ridiculous. lebron plays all around and is among the league leaders of most major stats categories. i don't think it is impossible to imagine that if he wanted to lead the league in assists he could, points, anything except maybe blocks and boards. can play well 1-4 on either side of the ball. just insanely gifted athlete and all he wants to do is win. a big douchebag off the court but simply awesome on it.
        Mack North wrote: View Post
        LeBron. Cause of dominance. Funny how everyone is jumping back on the LeBron train these days...
        Interesting, on the court he'll get you wins, but it will bring a lot of attention off the court, but this is all about results playing games.

I went with Kevin Durant basically because he is my favourite player in the league right now. He is only 23 years old I believe, and the guy is probably the best scorer in the league. He's loyal, humble, team-first, and does not bring trouble along with him that's for sure. Only after 5 seasons, going into his 6th, he is going to be in consideration for the MVP award every year, will be an all-star starter for years to come, and is only getting better. The thing that separated for me between Durant, and James is the off-court attitude and mentalities. Humble, team-first, loyal, and is loved by the league all-around.

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
          haha. i don't like the guy but if i am building a team i am taking the best player there is. if it's a who do like most i am taking rose, then durant then 23 year old kobe(if possible).

what if shaq, kareem, mj are on the list?
          mj then shaq then lebron for me

is the bandwagon liking the player and being a fan or understanding he is the best ball player on the planet?

Comment

haha. i don't like the guy but if i am building a team i am taking the best player there is. if it's a who do like most i am taking rose, then durant then 23 year old kobe(if possible).

what if shaq, kareem, mj are on the list?
            mj then shaq then lebron for me

is the bandwagon liking the player and being a fan or understanding he is the best ball player on the planet?
            Bandwagon IMO is neither of that. Bandwagon to me is constant jumping of favourite player to favourite player because you THINK they are the best player in the league.

I chose Kevin Durant because he is my favourite player, but I sure as hell know that LeBron is the best player in the world right now.

Comment

I pick Durant, as a coach I don't think I would want to coach Lebron...the is crazy good though.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Durant, honest, humble, can be trusted, have amazing potential, still young, great character.
                Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Ideally a franchise player should be your leader as well, as is the case with most of the franchises. While Micheal Jordan and Kobe Bryant are perfect examples, in terms of talent they don't compare with Lebron James. Talent wise Lebron is my franchise player 'cause leadership is about having a positive influence on team mates and this person could be anyone, even a bench player.

So Lebron James is my guy.
                  Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                    While Micheal Jordan and Kobe Bryant are perfect examples, in terms of talent they don't compare with Lebron James.
                    Wa wa wa WHAT? I've heard Lebron's name brought up in MJ comparisons, but to imply that Lebron is on a whole other level?
                    The basketball gods may just smite you..

Comment

Garbo wrote: View Post
                      Wa wa wa WHAT? I've heard Lebron's name brought up in MJ comparisons, but to imply that Lebron is on a whole other level?
                      The basketball gods may just smite you..
                      You may have a different opinion and you're entitled to it. To correct your understanding my friend, the word 'level' was never used in my post.
                      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Ideally a franchise player should be your leader as well....
                        Lets Lebron out. I can't say thast I have seen anything resembling leadership capability from Lebron. If MJ and Kobe are graduate, Lebron is in grade school.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                          Lets Lebron out. I can't say thast I have seen anything resembling leadership capability from Lebron. If MJ and Kobe are graduate, Lebron is in grade school.
                          When it comes to leadership, I think MJ and Kobe are far better than Lebron. If you haven't seen 'anything resembling leadership' from Lebron you're absolutely right. That being said, if I have to build a team around one player, my choice would be Lebron. As my post mentions, in my opinion a leader doesn't have to be the franchise player. He should be someone who has a positive influence on his team mates. Such a player could be anyone, even one coming off the bench. A name that come to mind is Charles Oakley, not that he came off the bench.
                          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

While Micheal Jordan and Kobe Bryant are perfect examples, in terms of talent they don't compare with Lebron James.
                            i agree with lebron being better then kobe is or ever was but jordan. jordan is gretzky-like on a basketball court. talent wise i think jordan is better than lebron. lebron is fantastically physically gifted and an amazing basketball player but i can't agree with saying you can't compare jordans talent with his.

Comment

i agree with lebron being better then kobe is or ever was but jordan. jordan is gretzky-like on a basketball court. talent wise i think jordan is better than lebron. lebron is fantastically physically gifted and an amazing basketball player but i can't agree with saying you can't compare jordans talent with his.

M Jordan is to Basketball what W Gretzky is to Hockey. This is an absolute fact and will remain so for a long time. In-fact he(Jordan) is my favorite too. By picking Lebron I'm speaking in relevance to this thread which is 'What player would you start your franchise with and why?'. I'm playing GM and looking out for the interest of my (fantasy) team. I know that Jordan would be the popular choice. My choice just happens to be Lebron.
                              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
                              X