• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tor okc

Ibaka now signed, OKC likely has to deal Harden
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Bargs, DD for Harden, Perkins
    (add Calderon if we can get Harden signed/traded)
    Presence of Perkins would take stress off JV in early matchups with brutes such as Byron, Garnett

Lowry/Calderon/Lucas
    Harden/Tj
    Fields/Kleiza
    Davis/Amir
    Perkins/JV/AG

Westbrook/Maynor
    Derozan/Sefolosha
    Durant/Perry Jones
    Ibaka/Collison
    Bargnani/Aldrich

Trade machine gives 4 game add to raps, but don't think this considers need for TO to sign Harden.

Sorry, link is http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=8eoo45q

Comment

Yes Perkins' presence would take some pressure off Jonas but other than for that reason, we're essentially trading away our offense. Under different circumstances(if we had more offensive weapons) with some minor alterations, I think it's not such a bad trade idea.
      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I wouldn't do that trade if I'm running Toronto. Andrea is way too gifted of a player who is finally coming into his own in this league. It took Dirk awhile to get it and besides, the raptors have JV now. While Perkins would help take pressure off the rook, in the end, isn't he a tad bit redundant?

As for Harden, I would love to have him in Toronto, but I'm curious to see how Ross is going to develop. I don't think I could sign off on this trade until midway in the season to see how each player is performing, especially Ross.

I'd prefer DeRozen and a 1st rounder for Harden. Seems to me, OKC needs salary relief.
        Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

Why would OKC trade for a power Forward in Andrea when they just locked up Ibaka? I would like to have Harden over Derozan, but not in the trade you suggested, also I would have to be guaranteed Harden signs a long term deal as well, I would not take the chance he walks.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

tor okc

some notes: AB can play centre with a rim protector like Ibaka at 4; okc still gets salary relief from not signing Harden and discarding Perkins; I too would prefer DD and 1 for Harden, but Okc can do better, and if Ross turns out to be a jewel, he can play the 3. And I know AB may be just coming into his own, but you can't get a talent like Harden wo giving something up. Also not sure I would do it either wo sign & trade, but that would change trade dollars so we would have to add Calderon's expiring deal. Too bad trade machine doesn't do sign&trades.

Comment

gm73 wrote: View Post
              some notes: AB can play centre with a rim protector like Ibaka at 4; okc still gets salary relief from not signing Harden and discarding Perkins; I too would prefer DD and 1 for Harden, but Okc can do better, and if Ross turns out to be a jewel, he can play the 3. And I know AB may be just coming into his own, but you can't get a talent like Harden wo giving something up. Also not sure I would do it either wo sign & trade, but that would change trade dollars so we would have to add Calderon's expiring deal. Too bad trade machine doesn't do sign&trades.
              There's a lot of cans and ifs.

Cap relief is needed for OKC. Andrea Bargnani and DeRozan essentially removes all our offense. Although Harden is a great offensively player...

PG: Kyle Lowry
              SG: James Harden
              SF: Landry Fields
              PF: Amir Johnson
              C: Jonas Valanciunas

This is a very iffy team. The front-court will lack some serious offense, with the majority of scoring coming from the back-court including Terrence Ross, while Kleiza is the only front-court offensive weapon there is...

I wouldn't do it. I'd rather let DeRozan walk, and offer the max contract if Harden is not re-signed.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

The only reason Harden would ever be traded is due to OKC's financial situation. There's no way they would trade him for Bargnani ($10M contract) and DeRozan ($3M+ expiring RFA who will negotiate a big increase after the season). For what they'd have to pay Bargnani and DeRozan, they'd be better off just keeping Harden.

They also wouldn't give up their defensive-minded C (Perkins) in a deal like this. They have plenty of offense from other players, so they have no desire to swap a defensive C for an offensive PF.

Comment

I feel this digs a hole at the starting PF spot. Right now SF is the only starting position that is really weak and this trade adds another hole while addressing 2 positions that don't need to be addressed(for the time being)

Comment

Working...
                  X