The Raptor that will most surprise you this season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Raptor that will most surprise you this season

I don't have photoshop at work, so I can't make a funny image right now ack!

Instead I was thinking about the Raptor who might surprise me the most this season.

I think going with JV is too easy IMO the kid is probably going to be good...(here's hoping)

I'm going with Ed Davis. He's not my favourite, in fact far from it. I know it's going to be a tough rotation for him to crack but I've got the feeling he could turn out to be more consistant that Amir. I'm not a huge fan of Amir either, it's his effort that kills me. For example there would be a couple of back to backs last year, and the first game Amir would look just great, then completely crap the bed the next night. I just found his game was peaks and valleys a little too much for me. Ed was young, didn't have a lot of PT or experience. Now I think that's changed a little and hopefully he can maintain his attention span, because there have been some flashes of a solid PF that I think he can be.

Now Who's your surprise player?
    i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Kleiza!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Kleiza!
      I want to believe! (but I can't)

Comment

Landry Fields
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          Landry Fields
          agreed..... and im not sure why.... everything in my gut tells me he's going to be our glue guy

i hope he doesn't fall into my pool of "watch out for" players that fail miserably.... the juan dixons, and quincy doubys of the world..

Comment

Kleiza!
            Haha, Nothing Kleiza does will surprise you Matt!
            You've been expecting great things all along!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              Haha, Nothing Kleiza does will surprise you Matt!
              You've been expecting great things all along!
              On his off days, Kleiza is the bad guy all super heroes are gunning for. When they find him he just laughs at them all psycho like and they run away. Kleiza is awesome.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                i hope he doesn't fall into my pool of "watch out for" players that fail miserably.... the juan dixons, and quincy doubys of the world..
                So true, ugh, I pray that doesn't happen. I remember being so excited for Juan Dixon...oh to be a homer is a tough life, but it is what it is!

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                  agreed..... and im not sure why.... everything in my gut tells me he's going to be our glue guy

Don't forget about Fred Jones who, of course, was used to acquire Dixon.

Comment

Terrence Ross

Comment

I am gonna go out on a limb here and say Ross.

A ton of people questioned the Ross pick, some saying he was not even lottery material, and it would be nice to see him have a solid year coming off the bench. He has a bit of a chip on his shoulder. I think he can be a solid defender, and I see his shooting transmitting to the NBA, and if that is the case, he will surprise a lot of people. While it is not very likely (seeing as young and slightly under sized players rarely have solid seasons in their rookie year), I can see it happen.

Davis would be another surprise player.

Comment

Don't forget about Fred Jones who, of course, was used to acquire Dixon.
                        That's actually who i was thinking of and had a brain fart, so i put juan dixon's name instead!

Thanks for filling one of the blank holes that years of alcoholism has created in my memory

Comment

I'm going to say DeMar. This is more optimism than anything but he is in a contract year. Bargnani will probably get most of the attention from the opposing team on offense (if he can stay healthy), thus freeing up DeMar. I also think Lowry and Fields defensive capabilities might get contagious enough for DeMar to do other things than just try and score.

Comment

I think JL3 will surprise many with, not only how Little Playing time he actually gets; but how many shots he manages to take within that PT.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              I think JL3 will surprise many with, not only how Little Playing time he actually gets; but how many shots he manages to take within that PT.
                              Bold prediction!
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                              X