• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

d749 wrote: View Post
    fields is much worse then the asik contract :S
    beasley at 6 mil per year isnt bad at all
    the only thing he got right was that demar is playing for a new contract

the beas deal and the green deal had my perplexed this year. 2 players who should have been playing on one or two year contracts for almost nothing to prove they belonged in the league both got paid for years. asik could end up being a good grab for the rockets, except he is a bit big/slow and might not be able to handle starters minutes in my opinion

Comment

DG88 wrote: View Post
      Just look at his view of the Knicks lol. For those who don't know Sheridan is a BIG Knicks backer
      the knicks must have the biggest collection of dicks in the entire nba. every fucking reporter south of the boarder is on them

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
        "Sheridanhoops review of the Raptors offseason" grade F.
        +1

There are always going to pieces like these, because there are 30 teams to review in these off season puff pieces. The writer will give their best take on the 1st 10 teams, but will probably review a team like the Raptors closer to the end, when they're tired and just want to finish.

If this team can start winning and make some noise in the playoffs aka don't get swept by the Heat, reviews will be slightly more favourable and realistic next season.

Sadly dolts like the guy who wrote this "article" will forever be around, luring people in on sexy headlines ultimately leaving the reader with a sick and disgusted feeling as they succumb to the fact that they just wasted a part of their life which they can never get back.
        Last edited by 10 000 Hours; Fri Aug 24, 2012, 08:34 PM. Reason: changed their to they're
        Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

10 000 Hours wrote: View Post
          +1

There are always going to pieces like these, because there are 30 teams to review in these off season puff pieces. The writer will give their best take on the 1st 10 teams, but will probably review a team like the Raptors closer to the end, when their tired and just want to finish.

If this team can start winning and make some noise in the playoffs aka don't get swept by the Heat, reviews will be slightly more favourable and realistic next season.

Sadly dolts like the guy who wrote this "article" will forever be around, luring people in on sexy headlines ultimately leaving the reader with a sick and disgusted feeling as they succumb to the fact that they just wasted a part of their life which they can never get back.
          Great insight!

SheridanHoops has quickly become one of the worst professional basketball sites, in my opinion. BleacherReport might even be ahead of them.

I've read a few things are SheridanHoops and quickly regretted it. It is to the point now I don't even bother. I always leave disappointed - Raptor-related or not.

Comment

The difference between Bleacher Report and Sheridan Hoops is that Chris Sheridan is actually supposed to be a professional basketball analyst. He was one of ESPN's leading NBA writers before he decided to go out on his own, although I think he may have been canned after reading this latest piece.

I thought he was way off base with his marks for numerous teams aside from the Raptors, but his analysis of Toronto's off-season may have been the worst...

Most draft experts say that JV would have been the second overall pick this past year behind Anthony Davis and yet the only thing he can come up with is that he's foul prone?

Fields contract was the worst of the summer even though Brook Lopez signed a maximum deal after playing only five more games in the NBA than I did last season and Omer Asik will be paid just under $15 million (!!!!) in 2015 despite averaging 3 points a game last year?

Javale Mcgee got $44 million over four years!

Come on son!
            Last edited by Fully; Sat Aug 25, 2012, 10:39 AM.

Comment

In the middle of this terrible piece of analysis, there is a line that takes it to a whole new level of terribleness.

Also, as bad as the Fields signing was, maybe an even worse move for the long-term was giving away this year’s lottery pick (unless it is Top 3) to Houston for Kyle Lowry.
              So if I get it right, considering Fields is supposed to be the worst signing ever, this means that there is an absolute certainty that this 4-14 pick will give HOU a better player than a 14.3 pts/4.5 rbds/6.6 ass young PG. He's not saying "it's possible that the Raps might regret this pick", he's saying "trading this pick away for a border all-star PG is a worst mistake than something i used to consider as the worst mistake since the Lenape Indian chief decided $24 was a reasonable price for the whole island of Manhattan".

This has to be a joke. There is no other reasonable explanation.

Comment

Fanchie wrote: View Post
                i used to consider as the worst mistake since the Lenape Indian chief decided $24 was a reasonable price for the whole island of Manhattan".
                that was the going rate for islands back then. raps fans always with the hindsight. haha

Comment

Fanchie wrote: View Post
                  In the middle of this terrible piece of analysis, there is a line that takes it to a whole new level of terribleness.

So if I get it right, considering Fields is supposed to be the worst signing ever, this means that there is an absolute certainty that this 4-14 pick will give HOU a better player than a 14.3 pts/4.5 rbds/6.6 ass young PG. He's not saying "it's possible that the Raps might regret this pick", he's saying "trading this pick away for a border all-star PG is a worst mistake than something i used to consider as the worst mistake since the Lenape Indian chief decided $24 was a reasonable price for the whole island of Manhattan".

This has to be a joke. There is no other reasonable explanation.
                  And if the Raptors do well he won't say "my bad, I said something that turned out to be completely wrong". Instead he'll put them on his cop out list, also known as the "overachievers" list.

Comment

TORONTO: The trade for Kyle Lowry was among the best offseason acquisitions of any team. Lowry’s all-around game and mental toughness will fit right in with coach Dwane Casey’s approach. Coupled with the hopeful health of solid scorers Andrea Bargnani and DeMar DeRozan and a possible strong rookie campaigns from Jonas Valanciunas and Terrence Ross, the Raptors could threaten 40 wins.

But as you probably figured out by now, that won’t be enough. There are still way too many question marks and inconsistency on the bench, where the roster has a handful of borderline D-League players. If Toronto can move Jose Calderon’s expiring contract for a stud, the picture could change a bit.

VERDICT: Out. Wait ’til next year.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/08...rn-conference/

I usually dread the click that lures me to sheridanhoops.com. There is not much to shit on about here.... except the D-Leaguer comment. Only D-League player on the roster is Anderson and Acy - which is something that can be said about just about any 13th-15th player on any roster in the league.

Comment

Hey guys!

Remember this fool named Sheridan? Well, he's done his offseason power rankings. Take a guess at where we're placed...

SPOILER BELOW:

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/09...ower-rankings/

HIGHLIGHT THE QUOTE TO REVEAL

29 RAPTORS (23-43)
                      SEASON OPENER: Oct. 31 vs. Indiana.
                      LAST SEASON: Missed playoffs.
                      There will be children on the West Coast who will not even have begun their trick-or-treating by the time Jonas Valanciunas picks up his third foul trying to defend Roy Hibbert. Worst offseason signing was Landry Fields, hands down
                      Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Tue Sep 4, 2012, 06:17 PM.
                      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                        Hey guys!

Remember this fool named Sheridan? Well, he's done his offseason power rankings. Take a guess at where we're placed...

SPOILER BELOW:

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/09...ower-rankings/

HIGHLIGHT THE QUOTE TO REVEAL
                        29 not bad. moving up in sheridans world. there will be people wishing for several seconds of their lives back by the time sheridan types his second letter.

Comment

Jabs at Raptor fans?

Let’s start with Sheridan’s September Power Rankings, which are reality-based. Some Raptors fans are incensed at “their” team being #29 on the list, but if you take an objective look at the other four teams in that division, Toronto will have a tough time escaping the basement.
                          Fantasy owners shouldn’t care. The important nugget of information is that Chris, who has been to Europe and seen Jonas Valanciunas play, believes the rookie will be plagued by foul trouble. That means quick hooks, fewer minutes and lower production. JV remains high on my list in keeper leagues because he’s a skilled 7-footer, but 2012-2013 may be frustrating at times for his owners. Landry Fields, who Sheridan calls the worst offseason signing in the NBA, may in fact be overpaid and even handcuff Toronto financially in its rebuilding efforts, but that’s irrelevant to fantasy GMs.
                          Quotes around "their"? What the hell do you mean by that?

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/09...ember-10-2012/
                          TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

No idea why 'their' was in quotation marks. But as an aside, Raptor fans are known to be one of the most passionate in the league....especially when it comes to the online community.

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                              Quotes around "their"? What the hell do you mean by that?

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/09...ember-10-2012/
                              If they said 5th in the Atlantic, I could get behind that as it sure is likely.

But do you really think the Raps are going to go 0-16 vs. the Atlantic? This also brings up the point they play 16 of 82 games vs. the Atlantic. They still have 66 games to play against other teams. They also are going to get 3-4 games versus every other Eastern opponents and 2 versus the Western conference.

I get what they are saying though.... the Raps play in arguably the toughest division in the league and therefore are going to finish 29th..... I can barely type that with a straight face.

Comment

Working...
                              X