Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Regulars vs The New Guys: Which team would win in a game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Regulars vs The New Guys: Which team would win in a game?

If we were to hypothetically pit these two teams against each other, which team would win?

Calderon, DeRozan, Kleiza, Bargnani, Amir

VS

Lowry, Ross, Fields, Acy, Valanciunas

Reasons for winning? Which matchups would win?
    Old
    71.05%
    New
    28.95%
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

In a really slow time of the year this is a really good thread idea ZZ!

Lowry > Calderon
    Ross = DD
    Fields = Kleiza (healthy!)
    Acy < Bargnani
    JV (unproven, inexperienced NBA rookie) < Amir

The old guys win by a rookie season of experience!

Comment

The new guys win. They would play some tough perimeter defence, and perhaps JV would be able to slow down Bargnani. I could just see Lowry abusing Calderon on offence, and Ross would start drilling 3's left and right. Plus Acy and Val inside craashing the glass and getting tip ins and put backs on every missed attempt. In a game up to 21, the new guys win 21-17.

haha this a great thread topic though

Comment

oh and 10 of those 21 points would be off lobs from Lowry. Fields, Acy, Val, and Ross have already proved that if you throw it up near the rim, they'll go and get it. I've seen all four of them finish with nice alley-oop dunks multiple times

Comment

No, the new guys don't have enough offense. They have Lowry and that's it. There's no way they could defend Calderon, DeRozan and Bargnani well enough to make up for Lowry having to go 1 on 5.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            In a really slow time of the year this is a really good thread idea ZZ!

Lowry > Calderon
            Ross = DD
            Fields = Kleiza (healthy!)
            Acy < Bargnani
            JV (unproven, inexperienced NBA rookie) < Amir

The old guys win by a rookie season of experience!
            I wonder if it would be that close because our new guys are that good or because our old guys are that bad, LOL

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
              I wonder if it would be that close because our new guys are that good or because our old guys are that bad, LOL

What is: "A little from column A and a little from column B, Alex?"

So true and so sad..... all at the same time.

Comment

Lowry > Calderon
                Ross < DD
                Fields < Klieza
                Acy < Bargnani <---- Not even fair
                Big V < Amir

Experience, Chemistry, and nobody stops Barg. Regulars blow out new guys by 20+ points.
                Last edited by alex_elstone; Sun Aug 26, 2012, 02:41 PM. Reason: Mistake

Comment

speaking hypothetically of course because of how bored we all are... i would put JV on Bargs... i feel that would cause him a small amount of discomfort... a lot more than acy and Acy can handle Amir a lot better than he could Bargs... also Ross can flat out score... i think old guys would win because calderon would just feed Demar and Bargs both proven scorers imo and then ross and lowry are only guys who can create any sort of offence on new guys

Comment

I thought you meant the forum newbies vs. the forum regulars. Now that would be interesting.

As for the raps. I like the new guys better, but I don't think they stand a chance against a team with two really solid vets like Bargs and Calderon. And never underestimate the power of role players who know their role (Amir in a nutshell, and Kleiza is getting there....not so much Derozan lol)

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
                      I thought you meant the forum newbies vs. the forum regulars. Now that would be interesting.

I was actually thinking of organizing/helping organize an RR pickup game, but I'm not sure if it's a good idea...
                      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Im generally in agreement with the responses, with a couple of exceptions

1) Amir is not > Val
                        2) If you were setting this up as the young guys, doesnt Acy guard Amir (much closer to a push) and Val on AB? While AB is still clearly better than Val - its closer than AB over Acy

The vets still win .. but the matchups are closer than people are suggesting I think ..

Comment

the vets win easily. People are under-estimating the effects of chemistry.

Comment

Lowry > Calderon
                            Ross < DD
                            Fields > Kleiza
                            Acy < Bargnani
                            Big V < Amir <--- for now, it'll be the other way around after a year of NBA experience

The regulars win.

Comment

LOL, why does everyone keep matching up Acy against the much taller and skilled Bargnani in their match up analysis? Wouldn't it make much more sense to match JV up against Bargs to match height and agility and put the smaller Acy against Amir whom there is no real threat of going off on a scoring spree?

Don't have to match a PF agains a PF and a C against a C just because those are their designated positions.

Comment

Working...
                              X