Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who are the greatest players by position in Raptor's history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll collectively take MoPete's 7 years as a Raptor to be far more significant than TMac's 1 decent season. But yes, let's agree to disagree. I suppose we each define "greatest" differently.

As for Garbo, his 1 season averaging 8.5 ppg shouldn't be worthy of any "all time" lists, IMO.

As for Carter, the majority of his career has been spent at the SG position, so I won't consider him the greatest SF in Raptor history (in the same way I won't consider Bosh to the greatest C in team history).
    Last edited by Nilanka; Fri Sep 7, 2012, 01:19 PM.

Comment

NoBan's resorting to personal attacks

NoBan wrote: View Post
      You are such a homer that you have a pizza pizza advert in your avatar.
      If you don't get my sense of humour, then just don't look at my avatar.

For the record, you are a homer if you think a VC/TMac in their primes combo is better than LeBron/Wade in their primes.
      When did I ever say that? VC and TMac in their primes were amazing, yes. But I never compared them to LeBron and Wade in their primes.

Those players in their primes might not be guaranteed champions this season, but to say our all time starting 5 is definitely inferior to current Heat, OKC and Lakers is complete bollocks. And you seem to be contradicting yourself.

The guy (Vince) is a loser, through and through.
      No one was happy with his attitude, but you can't deny that he is very very talented. And again, we are talking him being in his prime.

This team with all these guys in the primes isn't even a top 3 contender for the title this upcoming season. FML.
      But there you go, our all time team would be a title contender this season, but arguably 3 teams have better current rosters.
      So at first you were saying these guys in the primes IS NOT a top 3 contender, a statement set in stone. Then you are saying our all time team would be a title contender this season. Make up your mind!

And also, it's our all time starting 5, not our all time roster. You can't win games with only 5 players.

I apologize for killing everyone's red raptor boner, but we're a sad-sack franchise at this point.
      I support the franchise, and if you think we're a sad-sack franchise, why don't you just go and find another team.
      And don't forget this franchise hasn't been around for long too, that's one reason our all time best players at every position doesn't look that good.

But then again, quoting Nilanka:
      Nilanka wrote: View Post
      I suppose we each define "greatest" differently.

Comment

I'll collectively take MoPete's 7 years as a Raptor to be far more significant than TMac's 1 decent season. But yes, let's agree to disagree. I suppose we each define "greatest" differently.

As for Garbo, his 1 season averaging 8.5 ppg shouldn't be worthy of any "all time" lists, IMO.

As for Carter, the majority of his career has been spent at the SG position, so I won't consider him the greatest SF in Raptor history (in the same way I won't consider Bosh to the greatest C in team history).
        all very good points....

I should tell you that I used to have HEATED arguments about MoPete w/ anyone who would listen. I'm not sure we don't just think of him because he played so many games for us.

Unfortunately only time will tell and I truly believe that when we have some success in the future we will never remember him...but we can pick up this conversation in another 15 years

Comment

BallaBalla wrote: View Post
          all very good points....

I should tell you that I used to have HEATED arguments about MoPete w/ anyone who would listen. I'm not sure we don't just think of him because he played so many games for us.

Unfortunately only time will tell and I truly believe that when we have some success in the future we will never remember him...but we can pick up this conversation in another 15 years
          I'm not necessarily a fan of MoPete's. I think this discussion speaks more about the fact that in 17 years, this franchise hasn't really had a SF that warrants much reminiscing.

Comment

I think this discussion speaks more about the fact that in 17 years, this franchise hasn't really had a SF that warrants much reminiscing.
            Well then, if you're going to be such a jerk, why don't you become a fan of a different team??!?!?!?!?!? ;-P

Comment

Well then, if you're going to be such a jerk, why don't you become a fan of a different team??!?!?!?!?!? ;-P
              I smelt that coming...

Comment

OK flamingtim, i apologize I called out your avatar. Uncalled for and it is pretty funny.

But I think you're reaching to accuse me of contradictions. I've been consistent saying that our team all time team would be a condender, but not a title favourite against current rosters (not other all time 5s). I'm guessing that you want to hack up my comments and make accusations to avoid facing what is deniably true: Our all time team is flat-out depressing.

Here's my advice to you. I realize everything I say bounces off of you like AIDS off superman's cock, but here it goes: It is more fun to be a fan of a crap team if you lower your expectations, make fun of their blunders, accept to your laughable history, expect the worst and enjoy any positives as gravy. Make no mistake about it, the Raps are a crap team. We are throwing around names like Mo Pete and Damon Stoudamire for our all time 5. We're on a run of 4 straight lotteries. This is reality. Acknowledging that reality is by no means grounds for me to switch teams. I hate the Leafs, but there's gotta be a few Leafs fans on here... I'm guessing they know exactly what I'm talking about

Comment

Lets all just look at this photo and enjoy it, how bout?

And I think we can ALL agree on one thing: WTF is up with that Vein on TMac's shoulder?!
                  Last edited by Joey; Fri Sep 7, 2012, 04:25 PM.

Comment

OK flamingtim, i apologize I called out your avatar. Uncalled for and it is pretty funny.
                    hahahna

Comment

I realize everything I say bounces off of you like AIDS off superman's cock,

We are throwing around names like Mo Pete and Damon Stoudamire for our all time 5. We're on a run of 4 straight lotteries. This is reality. Acknowledging that reality is by no means grounds for me to switch teams.
                      i think the aids would get into his bloodstream and then be destroyed.

damon was a good player man. we have had a horrible franchise but some pretty good and a couple otherwordly players have come through here.

damons' best year was better than pauls' year last year statictically
                      paul put up 19.8 and 7.9 compared to damons' 20.2 and 8.8

here is the roster tmac played with before he blew out his knee
                      http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ORL/2003.html
                      the best chance he ever had to do anything was when he was paired with yao and both of their bodies were broken. he should have stayed in toronto

here is okc' roster
                      http://www.thunderuniverse.com/seaso...012_roster.htm

pretty big difference

**looking at that orlando roster, i had no idea drew gooden was in the league that long. i thought 5 years tops. first i remember of him he was in cleveland**

Comment

I was wondering... If we stayed with Antawn Jamison instead of VC, TMac wouldn't have felt like he was in his cousin's shadow and he might have stayed with us as "the man" which is what he wanted to be....
                        TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

If we hadn't drafted Hoffa...

Comment

if we hadn't signed hakeem...

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                              if we hadn't signed hakeem...
                              Or that whiney baby Mourning

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                                Or that whiney baby Mourning
                                Technically we never signed Mourning..
                                I hate that guy, but I can see why he didn't want to waste his final days here.

Comment

Working...
                                X