X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors' new TV director

I wonder who it is?
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Thank god. Some of the camera work the past couple seasons has been horrendous! I wonder if the new director has any influence over the on-air personnel - not that I want this to become another Raptors broadcaster popularity contest thread - I'm just curious (and perhaps hopeful... hehee).

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
      Thank god. Some of the camera work the past couple seasons has been horrendous!
      +1....those baseline views were pretty bad. And I don't know if I'd seen any other team have as many poorly placed replays. I don't know how many times I've screamed at the games for showing replays during game action. I don't need to see a replay of a fast break while the other team is coming back from it, save it for during stoppage.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        Thank god. Some of the camera work the past couple seasons has been horrendous! I wonder if the new director has any influence over the on-air personnel - not that I want this to become another Raptors broadcaster popularity contest thread - I'm just curious (and perhaps hopeful... hehee).
        white men can't jump wrote: View Post
        +1....those baseline views were pretty bad. And I don't know if I'd seen any other team have as many poorly placed replays. I don't know how many times I've screamed at the games for showing replays during game action. I don't need to see a replay of a fast break while the other team is coming back from it, save it for during stoppage.
        +2

This can only be good news.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Ya, watching replays for the umpteenth time, from yet another bad angle, while the game is actually going on is super frustrating and makes us seem like such an amateur organization.

And even if the broadcasters (Matt, Jack & Leo) are kept, for the love of all that is holy, please stop giving them visual airtime on camera to talk about Matt's hair, Jack's blackberry, their matching tshirts, pathetic singing or really anything involving Leo! That would make me a much happier fan! I don't care how bad the Raptors are, please just stick to calling the game!

Comment

My hopes:

1) he can tell Leo to shut the f*ck up about just about everything,
            2) he can tell Matt to bring his TNT game,
            3) he can tell Matt and Jack they can sing but only once per month,
            4) he can tell Jack he needs to do 3 "Heeeeeeeeeellooooooooooo's" per game (I love that).

Comment

Just fire everyone, especially Matt, double fire him.

Comment

We should bring in Oakley to do commentary. He'd be our own version of Barkley, only more surly and bitter. The awkward silence's that would ensue would be worth it more than anything else.
                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Let's hope this and Rogers/Bell involvement with MLSE makes the games a lot more watchable.

Comment

Bring back the Swirsk!

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                      We should bring in Oakley to do commentary. He'd be our own version of Barkley, only more surly and bitter. The awkward silence's that would ensue would be worth it more than anything else.
                      You clearly havent heard Oak interviewed very often. Hes one mean, cool dude .. no doubt about it .. he has about the most respect of any NBA player (past or present) out there. But hes got a pretty mean stutter and keeps his thoughts short and sweet ..

I love pretty much anything that involves Oak and the Raps (assisant coach?) .. but not commentator ..

Comment

Working...
                      X