No announcement yet.

Can't edit my post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We still have yet to update vBulletin. Which is likely the reason there may be some glitches with the site. Eventually when we're rich and we can afford the upgrades, it'll be done. j/k

Comment

Ahh makes sense then. And don't be silly Doc! I seem to have solved the problem .. for now.
      Could it perhaps be an issue with Internet Explorer? I just switched over to Firefox, and it seems to be running fine.

Soo.. try that for anyone else experiencing this.

Comment

happening to me too in IE. If i switch to compatibility view, i'm fine... but have to do it every time i want to reply, and re-login.

Comment

Yeah the grey text box happens to me when I want to post something new, and when I want to edit. Maybe 80% of the time I cannot post something new because the grey box comes up.

Is there anything I can do to fix it?

Comment

Don't use ie, but e.g. FireFox.

Comment

I actually found that while it initially fixed the problem, FireFox exhibited the exact same problem.
              Just can't edit my previous post to reflect that. Haha

Comment

I'm having the same issue, in that I can do any posting without going into advanced mode. I'm going to try on Google Chrome, to see if it's related to IE. As far as I know my system (IE, java, flash, etc...) is all up-to-date.

If anybody has any solutions, aside from having to constantly use advanced mode, it would be greatly appreciated! :-)

Comment

I am on google chrome and I have the problem, and I tried both Firefox and Safari and no luck.

Comment

Yeah and sometimes "Go Advanced" gets the silver box as well.

Comment

I get the dreaded GRAY BOX OF DEATH most of the time now with whatever browser I'm using.

Comment

Same here. I couldn't even post in the Raptors forum.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                          Same here. I couldn't even post in the Raptors forum.
                          I've been seeing the same problem as well. The workaround I use is to switch the "Quick Style Chooser" at the bottom of the screen from "vB4 Default Style" to "Mobile Style".

You don't get the Advanced Option when editing but you can still post this way.

Comment

If you can send me a screenshot next time it happens then I can look at it.

Thanks,

Comment

Tried to post these last night, but literally had no way of replying.

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Comment

Hey guys, we're still looking into this. It appears to be browser related. Stay tuned and sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Working...
                                X