The End Of Life...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The End Of Life...?

Alright, this is unsettling just to type about,but,curiosity finds me telling this.

Disclaimer:What you are about to read was actually experienced in a completely sane,sober state as fucked up as it is. It's not something that happened in a dream or a movie and it's not some dillusion.

Alright, I'm not sure how to explain this. So, I'm just going to start and make it straight forward.

Alright,so, when I was a baby my grandfather had a stroke. He was rushed to hospital and put on life support.My Nana(his wife) was told that doctors could either cut open the brain and do what they can and he'd live. But, he'd be a vegetable(have no quality of life). She said she won't do that to him and doctors said "ok,well we can basically comfort him until he goes". So, then all of his family was called in along with a priest(for obvious reasons). So, he passes and the family is given their own private room to grieve. So, we're in there and my mom realizes she's forgotten the baby bag for me in Papa's room. So, she goes back to grab it and my uncle is in the room looking out the window. They had yet to move my Papa's body. So,my mom bends down to grab the baby bag...and this is where it gets weird...my Papa's body sits up and my mom looks up,my uncle turns around and looks and they see these white lights and then my Papa's body goes back down and my uncle and mom look at each other in disbelief and never really spoke about it again until recently, seperate times. First my mom got drunk enough to actually ask my uncle if he saw what she saw and he said yes.

Then another time, my mom explained it to my dad's uncle and he said he experienced something similair when his mom passed.

Again, I'm not making this up as much as I'd like to. It actually happened. My mom has told me the story at least twice. It's so crazy and three people to validate it that there is no way it's made up.

It's weird as fuck. But, I want to know if anybody else has experienced this? and want anybody else who has to know longer think they are going insane.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

i asked google.

He told me it sometimes happens due to a build up of gasses

Comment

Ya, apparently rigor mortis can cause people to sit up straight for a few seconds before going limp as well.

Comment

this is even more effed up

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-lifeless.html

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Ya, apparently rigor mortis can cause people to sit up straight for a few seconds before going limp as well.
          Scientific explanation...explain the white lights than?

I figured gasses,but,the white lights are weird...

I've got a paranormal experience story as well. It makes me curious about the unexplained.

That story about the brazillian boy. I would have gotten him water. Maybe, it's medical negligence. But, they didn't do shit about trying to delay burying him.
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Well I'm pure atheist, although, I'm not happy about it. My studies and research have made me this way.
            Your story is pretty interesting, I wish science cannot explain that.
            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

I would like to let you know that 75% of people are likely to experience something called a 'Grief hallucination'. It is very common around grieving families (You hear these stories all the time). The brain is very deceiving, your uncle and mom were rushed with so much emotion from their recent loss, and the suddenness of "wait is he alive still?" and the shock of the body falling back down, mustve been a hell of an emotional roller coaster ride. Seeing things like lights are some of the most subtle of hallucinations, some people claim to have been sleeping with their recently dead partners all night, "what do you mean their in the morgue?!", I suggest not getting to caught up on what happened behind the scenes (Gas in a cadaver, family members hallucinating are your explanations), this is a very usual occurrence.
              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                I would like to let you know that 75% of people are likely to experience something called a 'Grief hallucination'. It is very common around grieving families (You hear these stories all the time). The brain is very deceiving, your uncle and mom were rushed with so much emotion from their recent loss, and the suddenness of "wait is he alive still?" and the shock of the body falling back down, mustve been a hell of an emotional roller coaster ride. Seeing things like lights are some of the most subtle of hallucinations, some people claim to have been sleeping with their recently dead partners all night, "what do you mean their in the morgue?!", I suggest not getting to caught up on what happened behind the scenes (Gas in a cadaver, family members hallucinating are your explanations), this is a very usual occurrence.
                I would agree with you. But, it's my uncle by marriage, like he married my mom's sister. Plus, he's a guy. I know it sounds bad,but, you aren't going to be as emotionally fucked up when it's not your parent or blood relation.

So, I don't think the grief hallucination is as good an explanation as it sometimes is.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                  Well I'm pure atheist, although, I'm not happy about it. My studies and research have made me this way.
                  Your story is pretty interesting, I wish science cannot explain that.
                  I used to be athiest, but now I just believe there is so much out there that we will never know about, so I believe there is something, even if it is not 'god'. Sure you can say evolution, but how did the first spark of life start? Someone put it here.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                    It's weird as fuck. But, I want to know if anybody else has experienced this? and want anybody else who has to know longer think they are going insane.
                    There was a scientific study done years ago and they basically weighed a body before and after death. The body actually loses some mass immediately after death and they were not able to explain concretely what was happening. Ponder that one for a while.

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
                      I used to be athiest, but now I just believe there is so much out there that we will never know about, so I believe there is something, even if it is not 'god'. Sure you can say evolution, but how did the first spark of life start? Someone put it here.
                      so, you're agnostic. ie/ you're not sure, and you're cool with not being sure.

welcome to the club... we're the switzerland of theology.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                        so, you're agnostic. ie/ you're not sure, and you're cool with not being sure.

welcome to the club... we're the switzerland of theology.
                        i'm not cool with it. But, I accept it. I still would want to know if there was any way I could while still being "alive".

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          There was a scientific study done years ago and they basically weighed a body before and after death. The body actually loses some mass immediately after death and they were not able to explain concretely what was happening. Ponder that one for a while.
                          you serious?

Comment

Fuchan wrote: View Post
                            Inflation is the key!
                            Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                              i'm not cool with it. But, I accept it. I still would want to know if there was any way I could while still being "alive".
                              meh... there's many things in life i will never understand... i'm cool with dying never knowing differential geometry, or probabalistic number theory...

and those things are in books... i CAN figure those things out...

so something that isn't so straight forward as opening a book.... naaaah.. dont care..

worry about the small picture... what's in front of you, who's in front of you, how to not be dick, etc... don't worry about the big picture..

the big picture is just the sum of all the small pictures anyways

Comment

Working...
                              X