The End Of Life...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heinz57 wrote: View Post
    meh... there's many things in life i will never understand... i'm cool with dying never knowing differential geometry, or probabalistic number theory...

and those things are in books... i CAN figure those things out...

so something that isn't so straight forward as opening a book.... naaaah.. dont care..

worry about the small picture... what's in front of you, who's in front of you, how to not be dick, etc... don't worry about the big picture..

the big picture is just the sum of all the small pictures anyways
    I like the way you think, it sounds alot like myself

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
      meh... there's many things in life i will never understand... i'm cool with dying never knowing differential geometry, or probabalistic number theory...

and those things are in books... i CAN figure those things out...

so something that isn't so straight forward as opening a book.... naaaah.. dont care..

worry about the small picture... what's in front of you, who's in front of you, how to not be dick, etc... don't worry about the big picture..

the big picture is just the sum of all the small pictures anyways
      Fuck books!...It's called the world wide web.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" Mr Albert
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          you serious?
          Google it.

Science can't prove we really exist, let alone that this is all we are, rubbed out in a seemingly meaningless instance.

Mainstream science itself is essentially a religion, worshiping their own dogma. Many of the things science holds dear are theories, not facts.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Google it.

Science can't prove we really exist, let alone that this is all we are, rubbed out in a seemingly meaningless instance.

Mainstream science itself is essentially a religion, worshiping their own dogma. Many of the things science holds dear are theories, not facts.
            I've heard this several times, there's different field of radiation for certain amount of time, but for the exact amount of time, what's most interesting. After it passes it instantly disappears. Interesting. But just try asking yourself simple questions, which brings so much confusion that you cannot start believing it, such as how our soul can have mind, sight etc, if it doesn't have organs, which function. Simple, maybe stupid, but too obvious. I may believe that we were designed by Artificial Intelligence, but that we are granted after life or soul, no. However, this fact doesn't make my life meaningless, I just want to enjoy the moment, that's the gift for me, I don't care what happens after my time's over

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
              However, this fact doesn't make my life meaningless, I just want to enjoy the moment, that's the gift for me, I don't care what happens after my time's over
              i heard a song the other day that summed up my thoughts on this perfectly, in words that actually resonate with me..

If I'm a bad influence
              Then here's the great advice:
              Kids! Don't be a dickweed!
              Appreciate the shit out of the present moment
              And be fucking nice!

George Watsky - Kick Monday in the Nutsack

Comment

our purpose is to reproduce and show our children how to live. So, as they can do the same.

that's the only thing I know for sure.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Google it.

+1

Take the idea of the big bang. Heat caused expansion. Which eventually then cooled, and allowed energy to become particles. Random events and time took care of the rest. But where did that heat come from? What did it expand? Can anything (even if it has no substance) just have always existed? Or can 'nothing' even exist? If it wasn't nothing, but something and we don't know what that something was, where did that something come from?

For the big bang to happen:

1) either something or nothing simply had to always exist.

2) that something or nothing had a force that came from no starting point act upon it.

Why is that anymore of an accurate picture of the creation of the universe than (and amazingly similar to) God (or whoever) having always existed and at some moment in time willed the existence of the universe?

The big bang is absolutely impossible to believe without some form of faith. We can't know everything and need to accept some unknowns are possible - but those unknowns aren't (what science itself defines as) supernatural but rather natural?

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
                    +1

Take the idea of the big bang. Heat caused expansion. Which eventually then cooled, and allowed energy to become particles. Random events and time took care of the rest. But where did that heat come from? What did it expand? Can anything (even if it has no substance) just have always existed? Or can 'nothing' even exist? If it wasn't nothing, but something and we don't know what that something was, where did that something come from?

For the big bang to happen:

1) either something or nothing simply had to always exist.

2) that something or nothing had a force that came from no starting point act upon it.

Why is that anymore of an accurate picture of the creation of the universe than (and amazingly similar to) God (or whoever) having always existed and at some moment in time willed the existence of the universe?

The big bang is absolutely impossible to believe without some form of faith. We can't know everything and need to accept some unknowns are possible - but those unknowns aren't (what science itself defines as) supernatural but rather natural?
                    As Neil deGrasse Tyson said, "God is an ever receding pocket of scientific ignorance." Sure we do not know for sure how existence began, but we should for sure not be content with simply saying "God did it". Scientific ignorance really should not be a proof of God.

Comment

We can all argue and provide different arguments, but in the end it's: knowing that we are not actually knowing

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                        but in the end it's: knowing that we are not actually knowing
                        Or as Socrates would have it "The wisest of men, knows he knows nothing."

I seem to have missed a pretty heavy debate.

I think when we can acknowledge the fact that anybodies guess is as good as the next guys; then we are a good place to start such a debate. Until then, there is far too much rhetoric in the conversation.

I do believe however, that just as Greek and Roman 'Religions' turned into 'Mythology', so will that of many of our current Religions. Theology has been a constant in ALL of human history as a means of answering questions that just had NO other explanation. The minute one religion starts to be "more right" than an another is the day Scientific theory has been proven Wrong.

Comment

Working...
                        X