This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• skywalker wrote: View Post
    I could talk to Mango, re-arrange the deal, and add another 4 bodies to official paper work just to break records. haha
    Do it!

No veto on my part!

Better yet, given my love of 3 and 4 team deals, can I get in on it?

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      can I get in on it?
      3 and 4 team deal? Now there's something I've never been apart of... I'm officially intrigued.

Who do you want? haha

Comment

• I don't really get this trade from Mango's side; it looks pretty much a clear win for Skywalker; one of the top favorites again after this trade.

Comment

• looks like a play for the future on mango's side

Comment

• It's not the Dynasty League.

Comment

• skywalker wrote: View Post
              3 and 4 team deal? Now there's something I've never been apart of... I'm officially intrigued.

Who do you want? haha
              HA

I'll send you something after the trade is complete.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                I don't really get this trade from Mango's side; it looks pretty much a clear win for Skywalker; one of the top favorites again after this trade.
                I got my reasons for the deal. If you want 'em, you can PM me. I'd be more than willing to discuss my rationale on there.

Comment

It's not the Dynasty League.
                  Nope but it is a keeper

Comment

• Gentlemen

I understand where the need for trade votes exist. I was in a public league where the commisioner had two teams and would attempt to trade from one team to another.(WTF)

My first sports pool was on the Can USSR hockey series where Paul Henderson scored the winning goal and the scores were kept with a pencil and eraser.

I consider myself very fortunate in that I play these games with my friends, guys that I used to play road hockey with. It has been a bond that has enabled lifelong friendships. We have always traded at our own risk.

They do not like basketball.

I hope eventually that this format can find a similar level of trust between friends of a different sort.

Trades are difficult to make, are time consuming and most often the effort leads nowhere. The difficulty is intensified if you have to satisfy the needs of every player in the league. I find league voting discouaging to future efforts in trade negotiations.

If this must continue I ask that great consideration be given to questioning the play of others. We will all have "bad" trades in our decisions. I dropped Eric Gordon. I really hope that we can get past the need to police each others actions.

I am not trying to insult anyone with this post. I look at this as my best chance to enjoy a basketball pool in the same manner that I enjoyed other polls throughout my history. Trading can be great entertainment, under the present circumstances.......... not so much.
                    Last edited by jbml; Thu Jan 10, 2013, 12:27 AM.

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                      Gentlemen

I understand where the need for trade votes exist. I was in a public league where the commisioner had two teams and would attempt to trade from one team to another.(WTF)

My first sports pool was on the Can USSR hockey series where Paul Henderson scored the winning goal and the scores were kept with a pencil and eraser.

I consider myself very fortunate in that I play these games with my friends, guys that I used to play road hockey with. It has been a bond that has enabled lifelong friendships. We have always traded at our own risk.

They do not like basketball.

I hope eventually that this format can find a similar level of trust between friends of a different sort.

Trades are difficult to make, are time consuming and most often the effort leads nowhere. The difficulty is intensified if you have to satisfy the needs of every player in the league. I find league voting discouaging to future efforts in trade negotiations.

If this must continue I ask that great consideration be given to questioning the play of others. We will all have "bad" trades in our decisions. I dropped Eric Gordon. I really hope that we can get past the need to police each others actions.

I am not trying to insult anyone with this post. I look at this as my best chance to enjoy a basketball pool in the same manner that I enjoyed other polls throughout my history. Trading can be great entertainment, under the present circumstances.......... not so much.
                      Did a trade get vetoed I'm not aware of? What am I missing here.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        I got my reasons for the deal. If you want 'em, you can PM me. I'd be more than willing to discuss my rationale on there.
                        There is no need for that as I have no intention of veto-ing the trade. This doesn't mean I'm not curious about your motives.

Comment

Nope but it is a keeper
                          Kidd-Gilchrist and Lillard will no doubt rise in value next year; Turner possibly as well. But, except for Lillard, the two other players will no doubt be available on the draft below the keeper price.

My opinion is that it would be a good trade in the Dynasty League for Mango's team, but a bad one for the keeper league. I am aware that my opinions are very often proven wrong, it's just a personal assessment. As I said in my post before this one, I have no intention of veto-ing the trade, managers are allowed to win or lose a trade. I kinda changed my stance on this after last year. Nevertheless, especially when it involves bottom and top teams I certainly won't forfeit my 'ríght' to veto.

Comment

I don't really get this trade from Mango's side; it looks pretty much a clear win for Skywalker; one of the top favorites again after this trade.
                            My post was motivated by:

The quote above leading me to believe you were aiming for a veto
                            Skywalkers concerns about what constitutes a veto
                            A past veto in a deal of mine in the recent football pool
                            The knowledge that these pools can be successful without vetos and and the questioning of motives
                            A firm belief in what I posted

Comment

My post was motivated by:

The quote above leading me to believe you were aiming for a veto
                              Skywalkers concerns about what constitutes a veto
                              A past veto in a deal of mine in the recent football pool
                              The knowledge that these pools can be successful without vetos and and the questioning of motives
                              A firm belief in what I posted
                              Well, nice post, but under present circumstances no veto. There also need to be 4 out of 10 managers to veto in this league, so it won't happen quickly.

Comment

• When's the trade deadline for this league?

Comment

Working...
                                X