...Play small forward?

would a line up of

C Valanciunas
    PF Ed Davis
    SF Bargnani
    SG Ross
    PF Lowry

even be feasible?

Valanciunas will not be able to play 30 - 35 minutes a night this year...foul trouble, rookie wall etc.

Bargnani has played centre or Power Forward his whole life

Nobody in that line-up would be able to effectively guard other teams small forwards.

If that was your starting line-up then presumably you would be expecting Ed Davis to play 30-35 minutes a night. he would get abused by other Power forwards.

Bunch of other reasons but that's probably enough.

Comment

LOL!! HAHAHAHA. I remember when Jay Triano played Bargnani at small forward during the 08-09 season.. FAIL!
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Bargnaini can't guard the 3. Plus with Barg at the 4, he can expose the lack of lateral quicks in opposing bigs. A frontcourt of Barg, ED, and Val would get ripped apart by quick, fast paced teams. He's a 4, and Dwane Casey has made that clear

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
          ...Play small forward?

would a line up of

C Valanciunas
          PF Ed Davis
          SF Bargnani
          SG Ross
          PF Lowry

even be feasible?

What happened to DeRozan and Amir?
          TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

I dont think Bargnani can guard the big name small forwards like Lebron, Durant one on one. But i think he could play the 3 in a 2-3 zone because his defense will be masked. Also, the 3 and 4 play similar roles in that system, where they are on the opposite wings. Correct me if im wrong but i dont think it should be much of a change for him. Although preferably, i would want him at the power forward position.

Comment

He lacks the quickness to play SF. When Jonas and Ed are ready to start, he could be traded for a SF. I think we'll get somebody pretty good for him.
              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Lol not in a million years. Thats the worst lineup ever, who would start 2 rookies? besides the bobcats

Comment

no. stop it.

Comment

They tried it a few times when we had JO and CB down low. Didn't work at all. He can't guard SFs and you need to make excellent decisions with your help D at the 3 and we all know his Help is probably the worst in the L. SFs need to pass and rebound. The only thing AB does well that can be viewed as a sf skill is score from different spots from 3 to the hoop.

Can you imagine him guarding KD, LBJ, Melo, Joe Johnson, Truth, Granger, Gay, Iggy, Gallo or even any of the lower tier guys? C'mon now
                    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

although Casey likes the zone you simply cannot get by playing zone for 48 minutes in the NBA. Teams figure it out. Then AB is stuck out on an island looking worse than ever.
                      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

I want no part of Davis in the starting lineup.

Comment

Or no part of Davis in general

Comment

Funny how any thread can stay alive if you just bring it down to the level of individual players.

Comment

isn't that what this thread is about? an individual player?
                              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X