No announcement yet.

ESPN rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a popularity contest - no more, no less - among the ESPN 'brain-trust'.

Comment

Hey, Bargnani (assumingly) being in the top 100, that must mean that he has some good trade value, right...?

101 for DeRozan is a tad high...but the list in general has been pretty bad. The reasoning, or rather lack there of for the rankings is really poor.

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
        Hey, Bargnani (assumingly) being in the top 100, that must mean that he has some good trade value, right...?
        He will indeed be Top 100. He was ranked #66 by SI.com a couple months ago.

I think the opinion of Bargnani around these parts doesn't necessarily reflect that of the Basketball World at large.

I think he ABSOLUTELY has trade value. All these people wondering if we could even get a draft pick for him are completely playing up the doom and gloom.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          I think the opinion of Bargnani around these parts doesn't necessarily reflect that of the Basketball World at large.
          That's because we've actually seen him play.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Some of the feedback on Demars ranking:

@DJAG88: I can think of a 101 reason why @DeMar_DeRozan will make a huge jump in #NBArank next year.

@itsNEALHERE: @DeMar_DeRozan did you dunk on the guys from NBA2k AND #NBArank or something? They rank you at "101" in the NBA. HATERS!

Comment

2K better fix their shit. They ranked demar 69 overall rating, that BS! In 2k11 paul georges ranking was 80 and demars was 73! paul george is a rookie for god sake. 2K better bump his rating to the high 70's or low 80's.

Comment

Its usually his "Defensive Awareness" that brings his score down in 2K, which is not far from reality.

You up that stat in the game, and his Overall goes up to 80 in no time flat.
                He ups that stat in real life and he'll go from ranked 101 by ESPN to 11.

69 sounds low, but they change their Ratings almost every year.
                I'd have to see whos ranked closely to him to see if he was robbed.
                If I see a guy like Kawhi Leonard ranked at 69 then I'll be pissed.

Comment

Judging by ESPN Thumbnail pic up today for the ESPN #NBArank, Andrea will fall today, somewhere in the 81-90 Range.

ADD #81. Our highest ranked player is the 81st best player in the league according to ESPN ... bummer.
                  Last edited by Joey; Thu Sep 29, 2011, 09:55 PM.

Comment

espn player rankings 500-400...3 raptors..kinda

looks like they are starting quincy in the top 500 of nba players. not bad. haha

poor mike bibby. where did all his skills go.

i am thinking we might have 1-4 players in top 100. bargs, jose, lowry, demar

Comment

Here's the article

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/82...nkings-401-500

Also, it's 4 Raptors (kinda)... Acy, Magloire, Alabi, and Anderson

Also a bunch of Canadians >.<
                      Last edited by theycallmeZZ; Sat Aug 18, 2012, 01:17 AM.
                      TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

If I recall from last year, we had 0 in the top 100. I doubt Jose and DeMar have a chance, Lowry seems like he might be a lock though.

Comment

It's really funny that the Heat have a player at the 500 spot and potentially at the #1 spot
                          TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                            Here's the article

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/82...nkings-401-500

Also, it's 4 Raptors (kinda)... Acy, Magloire, Alabi, and Anderson

Also a bunch of Canadians >.<
                            stupid me forgot to post the article. thanks and yeah i missed anderson

Comment

KingMaxwell47 wrote: View Post
                              If I recall from last year, we had 0 in the top 100. I doubt Jose and DeMar have a chance, Lowry seems like he might be a lock though.
                              Pretty sure Bargs was in there.

Comment

I would be shocked if both Bargs and Lowry were not in the top 100. I think the only thing that could hold AB back would be his injury from last season limiting his exposure.

I wonder where JV will be ranked? Top 300? 200?
                                Walking like I'm already there.

Comment

Working...
                                X