No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey guys, I saw this on RealGM. Wasn't sure where else to put it but I found it pretty interesting:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...y-With-Raptors
    After a recent game between the Los Angeles Clippers and Raptors, Chauncey Billups had dinner with Kyle Lowry and let Lowry know that he has to take advantage of the faith that Toronto has given him.

Billups also impressed upon Lowry the trust the Raptors have in him to trade Jose Calderon and give him another shot as the starting point guard.

Billups advised Lowry not to damage his relationship with the Raptors again.
    Two things to take from it:
    - shows incredible respect for Jose Calderon and his body of work with the Toronto Raptors.
    - I have no idea why Billups did this
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

• Billups with good advice to Lowry: "Don't screw it up."

Via Ric Bucher:

Give Chauncey Billups an assist if Kyle Lowry makes good on his opportunity in Toronto after getting sideways early

in the season with coach Dwane Casey and the franchise. Lowry struggled so much early on that there was talk of the team sticking with their incumbent, and older PG, Jose Calderon and moving Lowry. Ultimately, the Raptors moved Calderon and put their trust in Lowry that, despite being more of a scoring PG, he can push the tempo and move the ball enough to keep the array of athletes GM Bryan Colangelo has put around him. Billups' assist? Apparently when the Clippers played Toronto, Billups had dinner with Lowry and impressed upon him that the Raptors must have a lot of faith in him to move Calderon. Billups also suggested he take full advantage of that trust and not screw up the relationship a second time.

http://sulia.com/channel/basketball/...source=twitter

Comment

• Wow. Thank you Chauncy Billups.

Comment

• I posted this in the Lowry sticky but no worries.. better to have its own thread.

As I said over there, it seems like Billups is also simultaneously giving props to Calderon's work as a Raptor.
          your pal,
          ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
            I posted this in the Lowry sticky but no worries.. better to have its own thread.

As I said over there, it seems like Billups is also simultaneously giving props to Calderon's work as a Raptor.
            Sorry, dude.

Never noticed all the new additions to the stickies.

Hopefully this gets merge.d

Comment

• Billups is a guy who also had a major attitude problem when he was younger and bounced around because of it, and probably sees a lot of himself in Lowry. he's probably throwing the team a bone for everything all those years ago.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• No point in merging until the topic dies out.

So what do you think Billups is saying here -- go back to the 25/10/5 games or stick with the 10/10/10 games?
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

No point in merging until the topic dies out.

So what do you think Billups is saying here -- go back to the 25/10/5 games or stick with the 10/10/10 games?
                  I think he's saying do what the organization asks of you. Casey wants 10/10/10, so that's what he's been giving.

Of course, Colangelo wants 25/10/5...so maybe he's a little confused at this point.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I'm happy with either one as long as the Raps win.

Comment

• I also take Billups' comments as positive feedback about the Raptors organization, which is refreshing to hear.

Comment

I would say a mix of both to end up averaging 17/10/8.

Some games he needs to facilitate, some games he needs to step up and score.

Comment

• Eric Akshinthala wrote:
                          Because he cares.
                          Exactly.... but not about the Raptors. I would say they are friends from off season training with Impact Basketball.

Comment

Hey guys, I saw this on RealGM. Wasn't sure where else to put it but I found it pretty interesting:

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...y-With-Raptors

- I have no idea why Billups did this
                            Because he cares.
                            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Big ups, to Billups
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                I also take Billups' comments as positive feedback about the Raptors organization, which is refreshing to hear.
                                shhhhhhhhhhhh, don't you know it's dangerous to suggest that well traveled professionals working in the NBA might have an accurate opinion of the organization that differs from most fans here?

Comment

Working...
                                X