Everything Kyle Lowry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
    i think Lowry is either hurt or hes unhappy with the coach..he clearly isnt playing upto potential right now..that being said im ok with giving him a chance..he has the tools, i wouldnt invest time into him though, by that i mean he should have a very short rope...if after 15-20 games next season hes still not gettin the job done id be looking real hard for a REAL starting PG for the future..were clearly stocking up for a run the next few seasons & we cant afford to have starters not contributing at there highest levels. PF spot is the real pressing issue at the moment
    I have a similar view...though I don't think he has any issue with the coach. I think he's a good, cheap, stopgap PG who has the tools to be something more so it's nice to be able to give him a look. If he's not performing next year, he should be very easy to trade with his low, expiring contract. Raps just have to keep an eye out in case a real top tier PG becomes available. Lowry could easily be part of a package to get such a player.

Comment

DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
      i think Lowry is either hurt or hes unhappy with the coach..he clearly isnt playing upto potential right now..that being said im ok with giving him a chance..he has the tools, i wouldnt invest time into him though, by that i mean he should have a very short rope...if after 15-20 games next season hes still not gettin the job done id be looking real hard for a REAL starting PG for the future..were clearly stocking up for a run the next few seasons & we cant afford to have starters not contributing at there highest levels. PF spot is the real pressing issue at the moment
      First bold: I don't think Lowry is hurt nor unhappy, he's just playing the game coach is asking of him to do, which is totally wrong because he's not a pass first point guard. We've all seen how good this team becomes, and how hard they are to guard on the defensive end when Lowry decides to look for his own, or starts being aggressive.
      Usually, when this team struggles in a quarter to score, Lowry typically steps up i.e. New York game, and he opens up the floor for the others. We NEED this from Lowry, like Eric Akshinthala said, he needs to play his natural game.

Second bold: I disagree, Lowry is a really, really good point guard when - like I said in the above - plays his natural game. Even right now, where he's being less assertive, he's still a player that defenses have to try and stop. He's definitely worth being the point guard of the future, because what IF he walks away, where are we going to look? Draft? Nope, team is looking to contend by next season. Free agency or trade? Nope, cap space is minimal, and not many point guards better or as talented as Lowry.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I think Lowry is unhappy with what happens when hes off the court a lot of this is on the bench our starters are really it, the bench is just so incompetent cause there is nobody leading them... And I do think he isnt 100 percent.

The team right now is crazy athletic we have to get much better on scoring off our defense nobody really knows where to be yet especially on teams that get back after a shot is put up (Celtics) the team is too athletic to not get some easy buckets in defense to offense transition.
        Last edited by Rapstor4Life; Sat Mar 2, 2013, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
          I think Lowry is unhappy with what happens when hes off the court a lot of this is on the bench our starters are really it, the bench is just so incompetent cause there is nobody leading them... And I do think he isnt 100 percent.

The team right now is crazy athletic we have to get much better on scoring off our defense nobody really knows where to be yet especially on teams that get back after a shot is put up (Celtics) the team is too athletic to not get some easy buckets in defense to offense transition.
          Problem is, it often happens when Lowry is on the floor, Lucas rarely looks up the court, and usually settles for quick shots in the clock. Yes, it's an exceptionally athletic team, but you can't run the floor if the defense initially doesn't create the opportunity. In my opinion, the defense has regressed from the last season because of Bargnani originally being the starting power forward, and having a rookie anchor.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
            Name 30 pg's who are better?
            Ok.

Derrick Rose
            Rajon Rondo
            Chris Paul
            Deron Williams
            Steph Curry
            Jrue Holliday
            Jose Calderon
            Ty Lawson
            Eric Bledsoe
            Steve Nash
            Ricky Rubio
            Goran Dragic
            Kyrie Irving
            Brandon Jennings
            Mike Conley
            Greivis Vazquez
            John Wall
            Mike Conley
            Tony Parker
            Kemba Walker
            Russell Westbrook
            Jeff Teague
            Damian Lillard
            Tyreke Evans
            George Hill

All these guys are a BETTER PG than Lowry.

And like i said before, Lowry is an unproven PG. He's a career backup. And so far he's proving me right.
            Last edited by The Great One; Sat Mar 2, 2013, 03:31 PM.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              Ok.

Derrick Rose
              Rajon Rondo
              Chris Paul
              Deron Williams
              Steph Curry
              Jrue Holliday
              Jose Calderon
              Ty Lawson
              Eric Bledsoe
              Steve Nash
              Ricky Rubio
              Goran Dragic
              Kyrie Irving
              Brandon Jennings
              Mike Conley
              Greivis Vazquez
              John Wall
              Mike Conley
              Tony Parker
              Kemba Walker
              Russell Westbrook
              Jeff Teague
              Damian Lillard
              Tyreke Evans

And like i said before, Lowry is an unproven PG. He's a career backup. And so far he's proving me right.
              Deron Williams is overrated. Having such an average season. I would say no. Bad contract too.

Jose? Seriously. There's a reason we kept Lowry.

Bledsoe can't run a team. Numbers back it up when CP3 was out.

Nash is declining. Watch the Lakers play.

Rubio MIGHT be better down the road. Great passer, great court vision. But doesn't have a perimeter shot, and a just as bad a defender as Jose.

Dragic is okay, not having a better season than Lowry though, an impact player for a poor team.

Eh, I'd probably still take Lowry over Vasquez. Watching Lowry play at his BEST is awesome.

John Wall is overrated. Plays for the "ooooh's and aaaah's". Has potential, but man he's regressing.

Kemba Walker. Seriously? He's not getting better than what he is now.

Jeff Teague? HAHA.

Tyreke Evans isn't a point guard...

You have Mike Conley twice... This is still a debate. Lowry on the Grizzlies in my opinion wouldn't look much different.

Try again.

Comment

Lowry was ranked a top 10 guard last season before the infection, and was the most underrated guard in the league last year.

Only different names on your list is Lillard being a rookie, and Vasquez who has improved. Lowry playing his game is fun to watch, and has potential to be even better. Don't blame Lowry for not playing great, blame Casey.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                  Deron Williams is overrated. Having such an average season. I would say no. Bad contract too.

Jose? Seriously. There's a reason we kept Lowry.

Bledsoe can't run a team. Numbers back it up when CP3 was out.

Nash is declining. Watch the Lakers play.

Rubio MIGHT be better down the road. Great passer, great court vision. But doesn't have a perimeter shot, and a just as bad a defender as Jose.

Dragic is okay, not having a better season than Lowry though, an impact player for a poor team.

Eh, I'd probably still take Lowry over Vasquez. Watching Lowry play at his BEST is awesome.

John Wall is overrated. Plays for the "ooooh's and aaaah's". Has potential, but man he's regressing.

Kemba Walker. Seriously? He's not getting better than what he is now.

Jeff Teague? HAHA.

Tyreke Evans isn't a point guard...

You have Mike Conley twice... This is still a debate. Lowry on the Grizzlies in my opinion wouldn't look much different.

Try again.
                  Wow. Deron Williams is overrated? multiple all star apperances. Member of the US Olympic Team in 08 and 12. Only the elites make that team. But yeah he's overrated.

You'd take Lowry over Rubio and Wall? are you crazy? So if Minny or Washington offers Ricky or Wall for Lowry straight up, you wouldn't do it?

Lowry lost his starting job to Dragic in Houston and to Jose in TO. That pretty much says everything. And oh he was Conley's backup in Memphis.

Nash is declining yes but he's still a much better shooter and playmaker than Lowry.

Before you laugh i suggest you watch Kemba Walker and Jeff Teague play.

Evans can play the point. He proved it in his first couple of seasons in Sacramento.

Homerism at it's finest. Try again.
                  Last edited by The Great One; Sat Mar 2, 2013, 03:49 PM.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

Wow. Deron Williams is overrated? multiple all star apperances. Member of the US Olympic Team in 08 and 12. Only the elites make that team. But yeah he's overrated.

You'd take Lowry over Rubio and Wall? are you crazy? So if Minny or Washington offers Ricky or Wall for Lowry straight up, you wouldn't do it?

Lowry lost his starting job to Dragic in Houston and to Jose in TO. That pretty much says everything. And oh he was Conley's backup in Memphis.

Nash is declining yes but he's still a much better shooter and playmaker than Lowry.

Before you laugh i suggest you watch Kemba Walker and Jeff Teague play.

Evans can play the point. He proved it in his first couple of seasons in Sacramento.

Homerism at it's finest. Try again.
                    Have you seen him play this season? He's been so average, and Nets are lucky to be where they are at this point. I don't think you remember how bad New Jersey was when Deron arrived, and played a season for them. Another lottery appearance. Guy doesn't make an impact like the other point guards.

Yes, because in Houston, he was injured for 30+ games, and - like Toronto did with Jose - kept running the hot hand.

Never said I would take Lowry over Rubio, just said Lowry is the better player now. READ.

Nash is declining, but how does that help other than the present time?

Yeah, I am watching Kemba and Teague play. HAHA.

Evans proved he can play point? He's a combo guard, NOT a point guard. Score first mentality, and that's fine for a point guard, he just doesn't balance scoring between play-making, and that's why Sacramento is still a bad, bad team.

*sigh* Got to take account present and future time. Plus, reading is a nice attribute. Try again.

Comment

To add on, Deron Williams is a overpaid.

Rubio will probably be better down the road, not now. But, Lowry is better suited to play for his type of team.

I would take Lowry over Walker/Teague 1000000 times out of 1000000 times.

Evans is not a point guard. I can't believe this is even discussion that he is. He can handle the ball, but he is a combo guard, HUGE DIFFERENCE.

Comment

Ok.

Derrick Rose
                        Rajon Rondo
                        Chris Paul
                        Deron Williams
                        Steph Curry
                        Jrue Holliday
                        Jose Calderon
                        Ty Lawson
                        Eric Bledsoe
                        Steve Nash
                        Ricky Rubio
                        Goran Dragic
                        Kyrie Irving
                        Brandon Jennings
                        Mike Conley
                        Greivis Vazquez
                        John Wall
                        Mike Conley
                        Tony Parker
                        Kemba Walker
                        Russell Westbrook
                        Jeff Teague
                        Damian Lillard
                        Tyreke Evans
                        George Hill

The list contains names of some quality PG's but not all PG's mentioned are better than Lyle Lowry. However I get the feeling that he will never be this 'all-star caliber PG' that he's supposed to be. The main reason for that IMO is that his aggressive style of play and physical make up don't match. He's too small to be successful with his mentality.
                        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Have you seen him play this season? He's been so average, and Nets are lucky to be where they are at this point. I don't think you remember how bad New Jersey was when Deron arrived, and played a season for them. Another lottery appearance. Guy doesn't make an impact like the other point guards.

Yes, because in Houston, he was injured for 30+ games, and - like Toronto did with Jose - kept running the hot hand.

Never said I would take Lowry over Rubio, just said Lowry is the better player now. READ.

Nash is declining, but how does that help other than the present time?

Yeah, I am watching Kemba and Teague play. HAHA.

Evans proved he can play point? He's a combo guard, NOT a point guard. Score first mentality, and that's fine for a point guard, he just doesn't balance scoring between play-making, and that's why Sacramento is still a bad, bad team.

*sigh* Got to take account present and future time. Plus, reading is a nice attribute. Try again.
                          Do you really think Lowry is a better PG than Rubio now? Rubio is already a 10x better passer/playmaker than Lowry. Not even close. Rubio is the PERFECT PG for this Raps team with the way he passes the ball.

Yeah Evans PROVED that he can play the point. Rookie of the year in 09-10 averaging 20/5/5 for Sacramento in his first year as a starting PG. Can Lowry ever put up those type of numbers? or even come close to it? doubt it.

Deron Williams is having an off year. But his off year numbers are still way better than Lowry. That says it all. This guy is a HOF type of talent. Please don't put Lowry in the same sentence with Deron again because it's embarassing.

Again, i suggest you watch Kemba Walker and Jeff Teague play more. I bet you'd wet your pants if the Raps get either of these guys for Lowry.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

Do you really think Lowry is a better PG than Rubio now? Rubio is already a 10x better passer/playmaker than Lowry. Not even close. Rubio is the PERFECT PG for this Raps team with the way he passes the ball.

Yeah Evans PROVED that he can play the point. Rookie of the year in 09-10 averaging 20/5/5 for Sacramento in his first year as a starting PG. Can Lowry ever put up those type of numbers? or even come close to it? doubt it.

Deron Williams is having an off year. But his off year numbers are still way better than Lowry. That says it all. This guy is a HOF type of talent. Please don't put Lowry in the same sentence with Deron again because it's embarassing.

Again, i suggest you watch Kemba Walker and Jeff Teague play more. I bet you'd wet your pants if the Raps get either of these guys for Lowry.
                            Reading. I think Rubio is an awesome talent, don't get me wrong there. Just said Lowry would have a bigger impact on a given team more NOW than Rubio. Rubio WILL be a top 5 point guard in the future.

Deron Williams. This guy isn't a great player. Off year, doesn't matter. If he's a great player, he should still be impacting a player in a positive way, and he just doesn't do enough for the Nets. Eh, HOF talent? Nope. Not in my books. You've got to be kidding me. Great players/hall-of-fame players don't have off-seasons unless they've been under a significant injury.

I can't believe Evans is being discussed as a point guard. He's NOT a point guard. There's a reason Sacramento asks of him to play off the ball. The guy can score, no doubt, but he's a COMBO GUARD. 20/5/5 says great stats, but do stats tell you if they're a point guard or not? Just saying, but Wade averages those numbers for his career, but he's not a point guard. Evans is in that Wade mold - combo guard, can handle, and can pass, but not a point guard - except Dwayne Wade is a good player... Evans is far too much a scorer than a score-first point guard.

Again, I suggest you stop telling me to watch more of Teague and Kemba, I definitely watch enough to know. Problem is, they are what they are. And that's why I laugh. They're the same players... Would the team look any different with Teague or Walker? Nope, if anything, maybe worse.

Comment

Reading. I think Rubio is an awesome talent, don't get me wrong there. Just said Lowry would have a bigger impact on a given team more NOW than Rubio. Rubio WILL be a top 5 point guard in the future.

Deron Williams. This guy isn't a great player. Off year, doesn't matter. If he's a great player, he should still be impacting a player in a positive way, and he just doesn't do enough for the Nets. Eh, HOF talent? Nope. Not in my books. You've got to be kidding me. Great players/hall-of-fame players don't have off-seasons unless they've been under a significant injury.

I can't believe Evans is being discussed as a point guard. He's NOT a point guard. There's a reason Sacramento asks of him to play off the ball. The guy can score, no doubt, but he's a COMBO GUARD. 20/5/5 says great stats, but do stats tell you if they're a point guard or not? Just saying, but Wade averages those numbers for his career, but he's not a point guard. Evans is in that Wade mold - combo guard, can handle, and can pass, but not a point guard - except Dwayne Wade is a good player... Evans is far too much a scorer than a score-first point guard.

Again, I suggest you stop telling me to watch more of Teague and Kemba, I definitely watch enough to know. Problem is, they are what they are. And that's why I laugh. They're the same players... Would the team look any different with Teague or Walker? Nope, if anything, maybe worse.
                              Teague is only 24 years old. Kemba 22. Teague is one of the best defensive PG's in the NBA. Offensively he's not bad. 14/7. 37% from the 3pt line.

Walker on the other hand reminds me alot of Starbury with his quickness and his ability to score and break people down. He's going to be an all-star one day i guarantee you that.

Off to my first Whitecaps game today, so i'll reply to some of your response later lol peace
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

Teague is only 24 years old. Kemba 22. Teague is one of the best defensive PG's in the NBA. Offensively he's not bad. 14/7. 37% from the 3pt line.

Walker on the other hand reminds me alot of Starbury with his quickness and his ability to score and break people down. He's going to be an all-star one day i guarantee you that.

Off to my first Whitecaps game today, so i'll reply to some of your response later lol peace
                                White caps? You live in Vancouver? Like, the Soccer team?

Anyways, they might be solid right now, but they both had the question when drafted of "are they going to improve?" Remember, when we mostly all wanted Walker, there was a debate about him and Brandon Knight, because of the potential factor.

Comment

Working...
                                X