No announcement yet.

Everything Kyle Lowry.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this discussion seems a bit difficult to me. Lowry may not be the answer, but PG is also a very deep position. It doesn't make it easy to get an elite PG...who knows when the next one of those will move (I'd keep an eye on aging Boston and San Antonio teams, for starters), and the draft is never certain...Even John Wall has been a bust to some degree given his talent. He really hasn't made any significant strides as a PG. I only single him out because he was a consensus #1 pick. I mean, he could still greatly improve, but you can never be sure when predicting someone's learning curve.

After the elite...there are a lot of solid PGs. I think Lowry is a solid PG. I really belive injuries and adjusting his game have helped lead to a subpar season. But I don't think we need to be in a rush to do anything about it. Next year is a contract year for him. He should want to come back healthy and ready, and hopefully have a strong season. Then if the team likes him he might be worth re-signing, and if they don't, they can trade him when his value is really high to hopefully get a better starting PG.

Comment

he's still figuring out how to make the most of his talent in casey's system, hope he figures that shit out.
      Last edited by akashsingh; Sat Mar 2, 2013, 05:10 PM.

Comment

Lowry is going to play balls out next season as he will be playing for a contract.

I don't think he's as good as I had hoped he would be at the beginning of the season and it was probably a combo of Casey and Bryan that forced him to change his style of game. However the 'new' style does not work, and if that's the guy we're going to be relying on in his next contract then I'd prefer someone else.

Either give me a PG that has a high motor, and will do whatever to win (even if he doesn't pass first) or go get another Jose. Don't turn a guy into someone that he's not.. it doesn't work unless they are rookies or HOF'ers that are extending their already remarkable careers.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
          Lowry is going to play balls out next season as he will be playing for a contract.

I don't think he's as good as I had hoped he would be at the beginning of the season and it was probably a combo of Casey and Bryan that forced him to change his style of game. However the 'new' style does not work, and if that's the guy we're going to be relying on in his next contract then I'd prefer someone else.

Either give me a PG that has a high motor, and will do whatever to win (even if he doesn't pass first) or go get another Jose. Don't turn a guy into someone that he's not.. it doesn't work unless they are rookies or HOF'ers that are extending their already remarkable careers.
          Great, great post.

Although when it comes to Casey and Bryan, I think it is all Casey. There were rumblings earlier this year that the coaching staff wanted to run with Calderon and front office wanted Lowry.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Exactly what I'm thinking. Our offensive approach is that we need a point guard to make reads - like a Boston Celtics approach with Rondo. The problem is, Lowry is NOT that type of point guard. When Rondo went down, the Celtics didn't designate Bradley to show his best Rondo impersonation. Rather, they changed their approach and spread it across the team.

Lowry is an attacking point guard who can make three's and can defend well enough. Play to your players' strengths, that's all I can say about it. Lawson isn't being asked to make reads, distribute, etc. It is up to Lowry, however, to get ready for a contract year by being in the best shape of his life come training camp.
            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
              Exactly what I'm thinking. Our offensive approach is that we need a point guard to make reads - like a Boston Celtics approach with Rondo. The problem is, Lowry is NOT that type of point guard. When Rondo went down, the Celtics didn't designate Bradley to show his best Rondo impersonation. Rather, they changed their approach and spread it across the team.

Lowry is an attacking point guard who can make three's and can defend well enough. Play to your players' strengths, that's all I can say about it. Lawson isn't being asked to make reads, distribute, etc. It is up to Lowry, however, to get ready for a contract year by being in the best shape of his life come training camp.
              There it is. Hopefully a full off season under McKechnie's direction can yield dividends.

There are some great posts in this thread.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                Ok.

Derrick Rose
                Rajon Rondo
                Chris Paul
                Deron Williams
                Steph Curry
                Jrue Holliday
                Jose Calderon
                Ty Lawson
                Eric Bledsoe
                Steve Nash
                Ricky Rubio
                Goran Dragic
                Kyrie Irving
                Brandon Jennings
                Mike Conley
                Greivis Vazquez
                John Wall
                Mike Conley
                Tony Parker
                Kemba Walker
                Russell Westbrook
                Jeff Teague
                Damian Lillard
                Tyreke Evans
                George Hill

All these guys are a BETTER PG than Lowry.

And like i said before, Lowry is an unproven PG. He's a career backup. And so far he's proving me right.

um no he isnt hes only been on 2 teams Memphis and Houston and when he was in Houston starting they played much much better ball they would have made the playoffs if he didnt get injured last season, he just didnt get along with McHale so he was benched Dragic wasnt better than he was believe that bro they took a slide when Lowry went down.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                  White caps? You live in Vancouver? Like, the Soccer team?

Anyways, they might be solid right now, but they both had the question when drafted of "are they going to improve?" Remember, when we mostly all wanted Walker, there was a debate about him and Brandon Knight, because of the potential factor.
                  Yep.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                    Yep.
                    Well, how was the game Vancouver friend? lol
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Bill Simmons on Lowry:

Kyle Lowry (Raptors): 2 years, $12 million
                      Seems like a terrific price on paper, but it's worth mentioning that (a) Memphis and Houston abruptly gave up on him, and (b) Toronto quietly shopped him before dealing Jose Calderon instead. Translation: He's a pain in the ass. I thought his numbers would jump when they traded Calderon, but he just submitted his worst month of the year. Strange. Maybe he's properly paid?
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• He is what he is, a person who would much rather play a Brandon Jennings type of game. He had to be tamed in to be a better distributor, which isnt he strong suit.
                        @RavNation

Comment

• @nbastats: Since Feb.1st, top 3-man lineup in terms of DefRtg is @Raptors' Lowry, Gay, Valanciunas (82.5). Indy's George, Hibbert, West 2nd (83.1)

Last two games:

10 points, 10 rebounds,10 Assist and 5 Steals vs Buck

11 points, 11 rebounds, 9 Assist, 2 Steals and 1 Block vs Warriors

I think his finding his niche with all the offence on this squat now.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                            @nbastats: Since Feb.1st, top 3-man lineup in terms of DefRtg is @Raptors' Lowry, Gay, Valanciunas (82.5). Indy's George, Hibbert, West 2nd (83.1)

Last two games:

10 points, 10 rebounds,10 Assist and 5 Steals vs Buck

11 points, 11 rebounds, 9 Assist, 2 Steals and 1 Block vs Warriors

I think his finding his niche with all the offence on this squat now.
                            I agree, numbers back it up. If you've watched these last two games, he's been getting into the lane and attracting defenses better, and running this team with CONTROL. He's been really nice to watch. He's playing comfortably, and it's nice to see from our point guard. Fantasy people should be happy!

Comment

• YYZ wrote: View Post
                              He is what he is, a person who would much rather play a Brandon Jennings type of game. He had to be tamed in to be a better distributor, which isnt he strong suit.
                              Lowry is a better play-maker than Jennings is. There's a difference between an aggressive guard, and a score first guard. Lowry is an aggressive guard, Jennings is a score first guard. His numbers back it up, and so do Kyle's.

Comment

• By the way, another merged thread with "Is Lowry the answer at the point guard position" and another stuck thread. Just cleaning up the forums, and another thread where we can centre conversations into one!

Comment

Working...
                                X