Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Couldn't be happier as him as are starting PG

Great find! Finally get to hear from him straight up!
    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Seems very well spoken. Certainly talks the talk. Crazy story about coming back form a blown ACL. Three months of rehab? Unbelievable.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
        Seems very well spoken. Certainly talks the talk. Crazy story about coming back form a blown ACL. Three months of rehab? Unbelievable.
        Agreed, this guy is stubborn and will do anything to win. I loved how he also talked about how he and Coach Casey are gonna have their disagreements, and how they respect each other's will to win.

I already see a great chemistry building with Lowry and coach. He's gonna have a good year.

Comment

Lowry's leg

hmmmm....another one bites the temporary dust?

sports.nationalpost.com/2012/10/06/raptors-guard-kyle-lowry-nursing-a-sore-leg/

** not trying to cause panic. probably just a little thing
          Last edited by Jclaw; Sat Oct 6, 2012, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
            hmmmm....another one bites the temporary dust?

sports.nationalpost.com/2012/10/06/raptors-guard-kyle-lowry-nursing-a-sore-leg/

** not trying to cause panic. probably just a little thing
            Seems very little. Coach Casey said in an interview that the inter-squad scrimmage isn't too important, that it's just to get the guys running in a game situation.

Comment

Is it just me? Or does Kyle Lowry seem like a total douche bag whenever he addresses the media?

Don't get me wrong here, I'm probably the biggest Lowry fan, but he always has a tone and facial expression that says "Hurry up and fuck off, I have better things to do."

Now, that may be bad, because Ryan Wolstat already tweeted a bit back that Lowry doesn't like addressing the media (I'll find the tweet if asked), it could be good as well. We need someone who can shut a bitch up. Our point of attack has been so goody, and professional in the past I think it's about time we have a guy who can just piss opposing players off.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                Is it just me? Or does Kyle Lowry seem like a total douche bag whenever he addresses the media?

Don't get me wrong here, I'm probably the biggest Lowry fan, but he always has a tone and facial expression that says "Hurry up and fuck off, I have better things to do."

Now, that may be bad, because Ryan Wolstat already tweeted a bit back that Lowry doesn't like addressing the media (I'll find the tweet if asked), it could be good as well. We need someone who can shut a bitch up. Our point of attack has been so goody, and professional in the past I think it's about time we have a guy who can just piss opposing players off.
                I like what Lowry brings in terms of attitude. The media might love guys who are passive, polite, and respond to their every whim but it has hardly helped the Raptors record the last few years. As the late-great Owen Hart said, "Enough is enough and its time for a change!" The Raps could use a few guys a little rough around the edges.

Comment

Plus, it probably gets REEEEEEAAAAALLY annoying answering the same 5 questions for the past four months.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    Plus, it probably gets REEEEEEAAAAALLY annoying answering the same 5 questions for the past four months.
                    What did you think of Toronto before you got here?
                    What do you think you bring to the Raptors.
                    How good do you think Jonas can be?
                    How are you and Jose going to get along?
                    Do you see yourself as a leader?
                    What does this team have to do to improve?
                    How are you and Coach Casey going to get along?

Any others?

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                      What did you think of Toronto before you got here?
                      What do you think you bring to the Raptors.
                      How good do you think Jonas can be?
                      How are you and Jose going to get along?
                      Do you see yourself as a leader?
                      What does this team have to do to improve?
                      How are you and Coach Casey going to get along?

Any others?
                      I think you nailed it!

The fact everyone of those questions appears in anything and everything Lowry related suddenly makes me annoyed with reporters too!

Comment

I'm loving what I see from Lowry so far. He's exactly what he need both on offense and defense from the point guard position. One thing that I really like about him though is that he really seems to have taken a leadership role - both on the floor and in huddles - really talking to guys and being assertive. This is something we haven't seen out of a raptor in a while and I like it.

Comment

Has Gay given Lowry reason to re-sign?

Gay's acquisition not only enhances the SF position but could also mean that Lowry signs an extension. While playing along side his best friend is one reason, the fact that Raptors have inched closer to contention now could be enough reason for him to re-sign. While I have preferred Jose's play making skills to Lowry's, something good could be developing here. A sudden increase in pace without sacrificing defence can possibly happen as Lowry is a fast paced guard. If only he learns to resist a tendency to shoot as much and be a little more of a distributor, with another solid addition or two, Raps. could be a threat.

Your thoughts.
                          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

all depends on how much he is willing to resign for

I do think it helps tho.. but he cant bust our bank

Comment

We should have an everything Lowry and everything Ross thread just saying.

Comment

I agree with what you are saying and the possibility of rudy staying in town is also important. Also, I dont really think lowry should do less, him finding his shot is extremely important especially when playing with two wings that are that adept at shooting. Lowry will have his shooting nights and it is up to him to decide whether the shot or distribution will help the team win. It is about finding a balance and playing to what the team needs, rather than forcing his game one way or another. This was a major problem we were having while Jose and kyle were playing here.

We need kyle to be kyle.

Comment

Working...
                                X