Jonas Injured

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nilanka wrote: View Post
    Another variable is the competence of Toronto's medical staff. If they say a player is "100%", there should be no reason to limit his minutes in fear of injury.
    CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I wonder if that thinking is part of the driving force behind BC assembling such a deep team, with plenty of positional battles for playing time. Not only does comeptition bring out the best in each player (it better, or they'll be traded... *cough* Bayless and JJ *cough*) and make the overall team better, but it also increases the trade value of more players and eliminates the need to play guys into the ground.
    Both solid points. The deep(er) roster will help. DC likely felt compelled to over-play an injured Bargs last year due to lack of options behind him; unwittingly driving nails into the coffin of a potential all-star season. Perhaps adding JV down low, and maybe (just maybe) some development from Big Ed, will provide some of the coverage we need to deal with the injury bug. That being said, we're not running that deep with capable starters this year either.

I think the connection between the trianing & coaching staffs is something worth looking at. There's gotta be a point during recovery (especially for things like calf strains) where a guy is capable for contributing for 20ish mins, but still is too much of a re-injury risk to run out for 40+. That's a message that the trianing staff needs to send and the coaching staff needs to hear and prioritize. Last year that communication broke down and it cost us our best player. This year it's looking like the development of our most exciting prospect since Bosh hangs in the balance. Training staff competency is one thing, their ability to influence the coach's in game decisions is another.

Comment

Stefanski discusses Jonas' injury....

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/2012/09/...th_jeff_blair/

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
        I think too much is being made out of it. Jonas will certainly get back to 100% very soon. As Coach Casey said, the doctors have only ruled it a light calf strain. Coach Casey also said he's moving better every day in the voluntary practices.

Just trying to take extra care of it. Hopefully he will be ready to go by Media Day.
        ok sometimes we post with our head and sometimes we post with our heart.

WE HOPE HE IS 100%
        "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

The only certainty is death. I think we can all agree though, this shouldn't be an issue, and he will be fine. Just in case though, MLSE has an excuse ready to go

Comment

Taxes are also a certainty.

Comment

Isint it crazy though, some 19 (20?) year old kid twists his ankle, and we are all about to have a heart attack

Comment

Working...
              X