The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Episode 2 of 24/7 that I posted above:

HBO is really going balls out for promoting this fight. Love it.

Comment

• Fight Night!
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Soooo Pumped.

Comment

• Great fight so far! Canelo looks great. Surprised by the nerves GGG showed early.

Comment

• GGG has turned it up.

Comment

• What a great fight. Alot closer than Leterman had it. Canelo has a shot at this decision.

Comment

• A draw?! WOW. Amazing. Crazy. I'm fine with that. Rematch!!!

Comment

• I thought it was a draw as well. No one really dominated the fight. But one judge scored the fight 118-110 for Canelo? that was absurd. That judge should NEVER judge a boxing match again.
                  Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    I thought it was a draw as well. No one really dominated the fight. But one judge scored the fight 118-110 for Canelo? that was absurd. That judge should NEVER judge a boxing match again.
                    Agreed. That's insane. But ya, I had it draw as well in the rounds, with Canelo taking the last 4 rounds, as well as the 2nd and 3rd... but thought he maybe got the 1st as well for the win.
                    With his edge on Power Punches, and better accuracy overall, I still give the fight to Canelo. With GGG's aggressive approach though, I could see either way, so draw is cool too.. I wonder what the betting line on a draw was ... shiiiit.
                    Last edited by Joey; Sun Sep 17, 2017, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• Sucks that people are only going to talk about that crazy scorecard though. Lol

Comment

• I watched the fight again, it was a close fight but i scored the fight exactly as Harold Lederman of HBO. GGG got ROBBED.

The person who judged the fight 118-110 for Canelo should never judge again.

Also just read today that Canelo is unsure if he wants a rematch lol. He knows he lost the fight. He's probably going to duck GGG again and fight him when he's 40 or something.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          I watched the fight again, it was a close fight but i scored the fight exactly as Harold Lederman of HBO. GGG got ROBBED.

The person who judged the fight 118-110 for Canelo should never judge again.

Also just read today that Canelo is unsure if he wants a rematch lol. He knows he lost the fight. He's probably going to duck GGG again and fight him when he's 40 or something.
                          I wouldn't say it was a robbery by any stretch. Alot of the ring side media had it as a draw as well. I think the draw was a good call. The 118-110 was obviously an outlier, but again, it sucks that that will be the narrative around this fight.

De la Hoya has already said that Canelo will immediately exercise his rematch clause. So not sure what you're reading? Lol

I also don't see how Canelo was "ducking" GGG, when Canelo was always the smaller fighter having to move up in weight to make it happen.
                          Last edited by Joey; Sun Sep 17, 2017, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            A draw?! WOW. Amazing. Crazy. I'm fine with that. Rematch!!!
                            I fucking hate boxing. A very disrespectful decision. Boxing will never change if this keeps happening. F this shit.

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              I fucking hate boxing. A very disrespectful decision. Boxing will never change if this keeps happening. F this shit.
                              You don't like the Draw or the 118-110? The draw was a fair conclusion in my mind, but Byrds 118-110 is again obviously the outlier, which ruined an otherwise great fight. But ya, very frustrating as a fan.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                You don't like the Draw or the 118-110? The draw was a fair conclusion in my mind, but Byrds 118-110 is again obviously the outlier, which ruined an otherwise great fight. But ya, very frustrating as a fan.
                                Both. You know it's bad when even Vegas' bookies were refunding losing bets. Haha.

I don't even want to talk about 118-100...2 rounds to GGG... Jeez.

Fight was great, man. Really enjoyable. Golovkin's chin is insane!
                                Last edited by rocwell; Sat Oct 7, 2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X