The Boxing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mack North wrote: View Post
    Hard to say what it takes to contract Parkinson's. I'm sure all those blows didn't help, but I don't think there's any proof yet that boxing can contribute to it.
    You are right. There is no definitive direct connection that's been made yet. And Ali also had a genetic predisposition to the disease I read.......in the link below which does not help. It speaks to the trauma caused by the blows to the head and....

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...sons/85399772/

Comment

• Ali eulogy...Billy Crystal...

Comment

• Alvarez vs. GGG? F*ck yes. I don't care if I need to wait, it's happening.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
          Alvarez vs. GGG? F*ck yes. I don't care if I need to wait, it's happening.
          finally. Any rumours on date tho?

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
            finally. Any rumours on date tho?
            Fall 2017. Canelo needs to bulk a bit to get to a comfortable 160 pounds, and he's got a fight in September I think as well.

Comment

Fall 2017. Canelo needs to bulk a bit to get to a comfortable 160 pounds, and he's got a fight in September I think as well.
              Alright then. Anthony Joshua is fighting on Saturday against Dominic Breazeale... Out of shape opponent. I think AJ is ready for Fury or Haye. And it sounds like Joshua is ready to show off some footwork and mobility against Dominic. Interesting.

"I'd love to go in there and just move around the ring and not get hit without throwing any punches," said Joshua.

"We've shown the power but we've never shown footwork. If not, I might go in there with the instinct to outbox him but land a shot that will punish him.

"It depends on how I approach the fight. You saw how I approached the Charles Martin and Dillian Whyte fights.

"I practice things in sparring because there's no pressure, but in the ring I just wait for that one chance to punish someone. I don't really display anything special except for punch power.

"If they ever get hurt, if I don't get them out that could be me in six or seven rounds. It's time to get them out. The tables can always turn in a 12-round fight. If I do see an opportunity, I have to take it.

"In sparring I can dance and try things. I need to get to a stage where I'm that comfortable in controlling a fight that I can do those things. That's when you'll see the greatest from myself."

Comment

• If only Breazeale was more faster.. kid is a tough beast

EDIT: Knocked out in 7th. He's too slow for AJ, but showed plenty of heart.
                Last edited by rocwell; Sat Jun 25, 2016, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• GGG v Brook starts in a few minutes.

Two amazing fighters.

Comment

• Best 1st round of boxing I've seen in a long time

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                      Best 1st round of boxing I've seen in a long time
                      What a fight, what a fight.. The towel has been thrown in. GGG wins by TKO. I think something happened to Brooks' left eye in the 2nd round. That chin swollen up quickly. Probably a broken jaw. Unlucky. Anyway.. Golovkin is one of a kind.

EDIT: Yup Brook just confirmed it, GGG broke his eye socket in the 2nd round.
                      Last edited by rocwell; Sat Sep 10, 2016, 06:56 PM.

Comment

• Bummed I missed this one .. look forward to watching it regardless though. GGG is going down as one of the greats.

Comment

Bummed I missed this one .. look forward to watching it regardless though. GGG is going down as one of the greats.
                          Yeah GGG is one of a kind, unbeatable imo, but Brook gave it all. I feel bad for him. Broken eye socket is a huge injury. 4 months out at least. He should go back to 154lbs now. He'll dominate that division
                          Last edited by rocwell; Sat Sep 10, 2016, 07:19 PM.

Comment

• Alvarez vs Smith 18/9

Crolla vs Linares 24/9

Fury vs Klitschko 29/10

Pascquiao v Vargas 6/11

Joshua's fight. 26/11

Enjoy.. boxing fans!

Comment

• Asked about big-name battles with either Fury, Haye or Wilder, Joshua told Sky Sports: "They are all happening of course, next year it seems. But I've got to get this fight out of the way in November, and then I'm going to fight Parker, and then that leads me into a summer showdown.

Comment

• Wow!!! If Fury is stripped of his belts, Anthony Joshua will fight Klitschko in November!!

Comment

Working...
                                X