Charles Barkley's preview of the Raptors 2012-13 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puffer wrote: View Post
    That was my first guess. I am trying to force my way through volume four. Tough sledding.
    Oh man. Book 3 was so good that you're probably suffering from withdrawal. Volume 4 from Game of Thrones was very much like Volume 5 from the series Game of Colangelo. Long and drawn out.. an entire volume about characters you couldn't care less about. By the time you finish it you're sitting there very angry and thinking -- it took him 5 years to produce this crap?!

The contrast in quality between book 3 and book 4 is not unlike the contrast between Volume 1 and Volume 5 from the Game of Colangelos. Incidentally they both came 5 years apart. This analogy just keeps on giving! The RR facebook post is also "Winter's coming. So are the Raptors." Hahaha..
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
      Ack.. volume 7! I guess there have been so many bad volumes that I've lost track of them.. I thought we were on 6!

I just wanted to add that this analogy reminds me of Game of Thrones a bit.
      lol - you a fan of GoT? I've read every book. Huge fan here.

Comment

Oh man. Book 3 was so good that you're probably suffering from withdrawal. Volume 4 from Game of Thrones was very much like Volume 5 from the series Game of Colangelo. Long and drawn out.. an entire volume about characters you couldn't care less about. By the time you finish it you're sitting there very angry and thinking -- it took him 5 years to produce this crap?!

The contrast in quality between book 3 and book 4 is not unlike the contrast between Volume 1 and Volume 5 from the Game of Colangelos. Incidentally they both came 5 years apart. This analogy just keeps on giving! The RR facebook post is also "Winter's coming. So are the Raptors." Hahaha..
        Ohhh, I think this post answered my last post.

I am hoping volume 7 of Game of Colangelo is like book 6 in GoT: awesome. Just imagine Toronto knocks off Miami in the first round - that would be like the last chapter where you know who is gang stabbed.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          like my friend would say. Charles Barkley can suck my D***, he may have been a great player but he can't analyze shit. He needs to go back to doing taco bell commercials
          Judging by Sir Charles history , he is more likely to be the "suckee" not the "sucker"
          Frankly I would be shocked if he can name more than 3 current Raptors

Comment

Barkley was specifically responding to talk of "high expectations" and pointed out a last place team with little or no talent cannot have such expectations, in a one-minute segment. There's no need to attack him for stating the obvious.

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post
              Barkley was specifically responding to talk of "high expectations" and pointed out a last place team with little or no talent cannot have such expectations, in a one-minute segment. There's no need to attack him for stating the obvious.
              So is it obvious that they don't even have a chance to make the playoffs?

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                So is it obvious that they don't even have a chance to make the playoffs?
                That's effectively true, yes. Not enough talent. If there's an improbable rash of serious injuries to the best players in the East, maybe they have a chance, but that's pie-in-the-sky.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  Ohhh, I think this post answered my last post.

I am hoping volume 7 of Game of Colangelo is like book 6 in GoT: awesome. Just imagine Toronto knocks off Miami in the first round - that would be like the last chapter where you know who is gang stabbed.
                  OMG.. what is wrong with you? He was one of the good guys! How can you equate the Heat with him?!
                  your pal,
                  ebrian

Comment

OMG.. what is wrong with you? He was one of the good guys! How can you equate the Heat with him?!
                    ebrian... I'm not sure how to say this.... but it appears we agree on something here. lol

My bad.

Comment

nerds...

it's ok, I read it too.
                      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X