Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last thing. Why would you remove Meyers Leonard? He had nothing to do with this trade. I could choose to drop another player.

You're making an easily resolvable situation (and one which is resolvable within the [evolving] rules) more complicated.

Comment

• My Two-cents:

As Coastal says, neither intentially "cheated the system", and Myself or Apollo really should have caught it.
      I've always been of the opinion that a 'fix move' would suffice for the this one time.

I'm fine with either solution presented by Coastal or Tucas, so long as the rules going forward are now understood by everyone (and thanks to Soft Euro's new CBA, we should have a much clearer path going forward), and its made clear this is a one time fix. It's a young league and mistakes will be made; just keep the fix simple and lets move on.

Comment

• '@Coastal:

You can only amnesty a player during the off-season, not during the season; "Each team has a one time amnesty clause available for use. This will allow you to cut one player in the off-season without any salary cap implications." link

About Meyers Leonard, you can simply drop another player and pick him up again.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
          '@Coastal:

You can only amnesty a player during the off-season, not during the season; "Each team has a one time amnesty clause available for use. This will allow you to cut one player in the off-season without any salary cap implications." link
          This is a good point Euro.

As the Commissioner that is ultimately responsible for missing this, I'll apologize for the inconvenience it will end up being, but it won't be hard to make the moves again in a Cap friendly way.

Comment

• The moves have been processed and I sent the managers involved a mail about it. They'll need to reset their rosters from monday onwards.

Comment

'@Coastal:

About Meyers Leonard, you can simply drop another player and pick him up again.
              Okay, my mistake. Dropping another player will add a cap year, I suppose. I'll have to take a look at my cap situation and make decisions from there.

On another matter, Kirk Hinrich - I picked him up again after waiving him earlier in the year. This would be a first, how will the league address this situation from a cap perspective (now and going forward)?

Comment

• coastal wrote: View Post
                Okay, my mistake. Dropping another player will add a cap year, I suppose. I'll have to take a look at my cap situation and make decisions from there.

On another matter, Kirk Hinrich - I picked him up again after waiving him earlier in the year. This would be a first, how will the league address this situation from a cap perspective (now and going forward)?
                This is what I wrote as a response earlier about this:

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                We have a pro-workers league, so if you sign someone it's for a guaranteed contract. Even if you drop someone and re-sign him later, he gets two contracts.
                About Meyers Leonard; he is on waivers now. If you want to drop someone else and pick him up right now, send me a mail and I'll do that for you. I can't fix him that he's now on waivers (which he shouldn't be).

Add Managed to change it partially, he's now off waivers on monday.
                Last edited by Soft Euro; Sun Dec 2, 2012, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• I still don't see what was wrong with assigning hills one year back to me. It seemed like a consensus decision, that there were ways to fix this trade that would still be fair. All this did was cause more problems. There were picks involved in my WJF trade and now I'm out that as well. It would've been a much easier solution and wouldn't really negatively effect anyone except me which I was fine with to keep the trade in place.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                    I still don't see what was wrong with assigning hills one year back to me. It seemed like a consensus decision, that there were ways to fix this trade that would still be fair. All this did was cause more problems. There were picks involved in my WJF trade and now I'm out that as well. It would've been a much easier solution and wouldn't really negatively effect anyone except me which I was fine with to keep the trade in place.
                    I'll look into the picks in the next few days.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                      I still don't see what was wrong with assigning hills one year back to me. It seemed like a consensus decision, that there were ways to fix this trade that would still be fair. All this did was cause more problems. There were picks involved in my WJF trade and now I'm out that as well. It would've been a much easier solution and wouldn't really negatively effect anyone except me which I was fine with to keep the trade in place.
                      lol, I agree with you. No one has objected except Soft Euro. What can you do?

Comment

I've resent a trade that works under the cap let me know if your still interested.

Comment

Its not just Soft Euro. As commissioners we all agreed this is a best move.

While I was of the opinion a fix move would suffice, there ultimately wasn't a fix that would work without breaking another rule of some kind. Whats done is done. Tucas has already offered a new deal. Time to move on from this.

Comment

• Fair enough, moving on.

Tucas and I have changed the trade so that the cap values are equal going each way. I have picked up players since our original trade, which I believe affects my cap situation. Is there are restriction on making an equal trade if one is over the cap? If so, I think in this situation it should not apply as we simply could have made this alteration earlier, when it would have worked under the cap.

cheers.

Comment

Fair enough, moving on.

Tucas and I have changed the trade so that the cap values are equal going each way. I have picked up players since our original trade, which I believe affects my cap situation. Is there are restriction on making an equal trade if one is over the cap? If so, I think in this situation it should not apply as we simply could have made this alteration earlier, when it would have worked under the cap.

cheers.
                              If you are at 40 Years, and Tucas is not, then as long as you are not taking back more years than you are giving, then the deal is fine. I will be reviewing it tonight.

ADD: Deal is 6 years for 6 years; works no problem.
                              Last edited by Joey; Mon Dec 3, 2012, 07:12 PM.

Comment

I'll look into the picks in the next few days.
                                Don't worry about it. Me and WJF worked out the deal again, so he'll keep my pick and ill get Felton back.

Comment

Working...
                                X