This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tucas wrote: View Post
    How many years are Fully's rookies being signed for? I want to post an updated cap sheet prior to the draft and he's the only one I'm missing. Also, nothing has been posted about Kadazzle's free agents/rookie or did I miss something?
    I never received anything and all his players with no years were released

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      For time purposes, the live auction draft for free agency can't be beat.

If we go FAAB, then I like your suggestion about locking, waiver, locking, waiver, etc. The problem is we are 2 weeks to tip off and the amount of time for commissioners to be setting things up. Also at some point in time teams are going to be unlocked and someone will have an advantage looking at the add/drop (they will be immediate with UFA). If a live auction is done then everyone knows their players and a couple of days later we can unlock with everyone having a full roster - again, someone is always going to have an advantage on the unlocking of the teams.
      Yeah that all makes sense. Since most people only need a few players to fill out their roster, I wouldn't expect either method to take too long and by the end, there isn't likely to be any great steals to be had with UFAs. Perhaps something to consider for next year, assuming there is continuity of owners. Without continuity it is much harder, plus you guys had to replace the Godfather (Apollo) and a key contributor (SoftEuro) which is really tough.

Hopefully next year everyone is back and ready early, so that we have the time to lay things out. I am super excited for this and can't imagine not finding time for it, even with a little bundle of mayhem on the way (Jan 24th!). Thank god for iPhone apps.
      Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
        After seeing who is left for free agents, I wouldn't mind using my draft pick... too late?
        Who do you want to draft and for how many years?
        RR OG

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
          After seeing who is left for free agents, I wouldn't mind using my draft pick... too late?
          No.

Not going to be able to add until after free agency.

Comment

• Well if there's no more signings before free agency here is the Cap Sheet leading into free agency. I still need the years for Fully's rookies and if I don't get them in the next couple days they will be set to 1. Please check to make sure I correctly distributed years to all of your rookies and resigned players.
            https://www.dropbox.com/s/wq9nc6s619...pRrDynasty.pdf

Also I'm just updating our free agency rules and then will post an updated rule book available for read.
            Last edited by tucas; Tue Oct 15, 2013, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Also a reminder to anyone who wants to use their amnesty provision, please decide soon because after free agency you won't be able to use it until next offseason.

Comment

Also a reminder to anyone who wants to use their amnesty provision, please decide soon because after free agency you won't be able to use it until next offseason.
                Amnesty for Bargnani

Comment

Hey,

Just thinking about everyone's suggestions and comments combined with original CBA rules combined with Yahoo! tools combined with (and most importantly!) ease of implementation.

This is what I am thinking for free agency:

Draft Type: Live Auction draft
                  Why? Immediate/fastest, everyone can participate, people who can't make it can pre-set their preferences through auto-draft, there are also apps for drafting (last year I drafted on my cell phone in one of the most remote places in Canada), easiest for commissioners to implement

Free agency budget: $200
                  Why? Fair and sticks to original CBA/rules

Waiver wire budget for inseason: remainder of $200 after free agency
                  Why? Fair, sticks to original CBA/rules, offers realism, rewards prudent/punishes free and easy, can do this through Yahoo!

If you agree, just give me a thumbs up/Like this post. 8 thumbs up is majority rule (as I thumbs up myself) giving 9/16.

If you disagree, give an alternative. Regardless of which way we go, the $200 should be for free agency AND in-season waiver wire.
                  7 thumbs up plus TEAM BALLSWIN and myself is 9.

Boom - there it is.

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                    Amnesty for Bargnani
                    We are going to have to decide how amnesty is to be implemented. My understanding is it was to be used like it is in "real" life. Bargnani was already waived therefore amnestying a player who is already waived doesn't meet criteria. Original CBA:

Exception: Each team has a one time amnesty clause available for use. This will allow you to cut one player in the off-season without any salary cap implications.

I'm alright with whatever majority decide but I don't think using the amnesty on a player who is already waived was the original intention.

Comment

Well if there's no more signings before free agency here is the Cap Sheet leading into free agency. I still need the years for Fully's rookies and if I don't get them in the next couple days they will be set to 1. Please check to make sure I correctly distributed years to all of your rookies and resigned players.
                      https://www.dropbox.com/s/wq9nc6s619...pRrDynasty.pdf

Also I'm just updating our free agency rules and then will post an updated rule book available for read.
                      So question....this shows Kleiza on my books for another year. Now that he is playing in a different league (not just sitting at home waiting for a NBA call without retiring), is there a provision for his cap hit to be removed?

I can't understand why anyone would have signed Kleiza for 2 years last year, so I'd love to remove his cap hit if at all possible. If he was simply a free agent in the NBA, who hasn't retired, then I wouldn't even ask. But this also raises the question, what happens if a guy retires, do you carry his full cap hit still, or is it waived or is it reduced?

So if Kleiza can't be removed under a provision "Not in the NBA anymore", do I have to waive him since he wont appear in yahoo to even put on my roster?

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

We are going to have to decide how amnesty is to be implemented. My understanding is it was to be used like it is in "real" life. Bargnani was already waived therefore amnestying a player who is already waived doesn't meet criteria. Original CBA:

I'm alright with whatever majority decide but I don't think using the amnesty on a player who is already waived was the original intention.
                        I was thinking the same thing but from the looks of thing people have dropped their high players(Nick Young, Bargnani) with the intent to amnesty their years off their cap in the offseason. Since we never actually specified this and multiple teams have dropped high players, I suggest we let people amnesty their waived contracts just because it seems people assumed that was alright.

Axel wrote: View Post
                        So question....this shows Kleiza on my books for another year. Now that he is playing in a different league (not just sitting at home waiting for a NBA call without retiring), is there a provision for his cap hit to be removed?

I can't understand why anyone would have signed Kleiza for 2 years last year, so I'd love to remove his cap hit if at all possible. If he was simply a free agent in the NBA, who hasn't retired, then I wouldn't even ask. But this also raises the question, what happens if a guy retires, do you carry his full cap hit still, or is it waived or is it reduced?

So if Kleiza can't be removed under a provision "Not in the NBA anymore", do I have to waive him since he wont appear in yahoo to even put on my roster?
                        Unfortunately the rule has been that if a player retires you still have to pay out the contract. I wouldn't worry about his hit as this season particularly no one will likely hit the 40 cap.

Comment

This was discussed before I opted to drop Bargnani (Post #307). There was a couple of responses one from yourself Matt. There were no objections at the time
                          Last edited by jbml; Wed Oct 16, 2013, 08:17 AM.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing but from the looks of thing people have dropped their high players(Nick Young, Bargnani) with the intent to amnesty their years off their cap in the offseason. Since we never actually specified this and multiple teams have dropped high players, I suggest we let people amnesty their waived contracts just because it seems people assumed that was alright.

Unfortunately the rule has been that if a player retires you still have to pay out the contract. I wouldn't worry about his hit as this season particularly no one will likely hit the 40 cap.
                            Dang. So he might as well be waived instead of active on my roster then. Unless I can count his Turkish league stats

Please waive Kleiza, unless someone wants to trade for him?

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                              This was discussed before I opted to drop Bargnani (Post #307). There was a couple of responses one from yourself Matt. There were no objections at the time
                              Right you are.

Good thing we keep records around here. lol

Fact still remains it is not how the league implements it and that was how I was thinking this go around. But you are definitely right, you checked prior to waiver and no one had an issue then. Should be no issue now.

Comment

• Must have missed it somewhere, but why do some owners have less than $200 to spend?

Comment

Working...
                                X