This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure you can set up an 'official' draft through Yahoo with just Rookies .. Do you know if this is possible?

And for the rookie draft, I'm not sure we should wait. Keep it as real as possible. Make people pick their Rooks soon. In my opinion.
    Good question about Yahoo.

I disagree with the second part, about making it as real as possible. We have no influence on what the teams do with their roster untill shortly before the start of the season, so we can't make this resembling reality at all. It just adds more unknowns and thus luck. Just like with other leagues, drafting shortly before the seasons helps the people who make the best analysis of team situations. That means more cunning is involved an I'm always in favour of that. We won't start signing free agents now either.

A personal interest of mine here is that I'm in no way capable, due to job/family situation to invest a lot of time now and do it again right before the season. My analysis of the rookies and their situations won't be happening untill maybe a month before the season. Right now, I don't even know what position most of the guys drafted play, let alone anything of use for drafting.

Comment

• I'm in indifferent. I'm about to drive across the country and then go on vacation for a week so, like Soft Euro, I have a personal interest in doing it later.

If not for my personal circumstances, however, I'd say do it now.

Comment

• I would prefer to see draft for rookies done sooner than later.

Latest would be before summer league starts - July 12.

Comment

• Adding to my earlier reason why it's a bad idea: we haven't yet confirmed participants and we haven't gotten replacement players for Apollo and I think at least one more player. It short days as well; for me it's totally unpossible to get a good idea of the rookies.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
            Adding to my earlier reason why it's a bad idea: we haven't yet confirmed participants and we haven't gotten replacement players for Apollo and I think at least one more player. It short days as well; for me it's totally unpossible to get a good idea of the rookies.
            Forgot about that.

You are right.

Comment

• I am fine to make my selection as soon as you guys want. I am fairly busy at the moment, so I'll try and check back frequently to see when we want to start our draft, but I know who I have in mind.
              in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• I'm fine to make my selection now as well. Also, can someone e-mail me my yahoo ID/e-mail address? I seemed to have forgot it and can't login at the moment. Would be able to with ID though.

Comment

• Kadazzle wrote: View Post
                  I'm fine to make my selection now as well. Also, can someone e-mail me my yahoo ID/e-mail address? I seemed to have forgot it and can't login at the moment. Would be able to with ID though.
                  pm sent

Comment

• I prefer to draft just before the season.

Comment

• Just throwing it out there but here goes....

Draft in late September

free agency in early October.

Gives lots of time for dust to settle with "real" off season transactions and to find new owners.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Just throwing it out there but here goes....

Draft in late September

free agency in early October.

Gives lots of time for dust to settle with "real" off season transactions and to find new owners.
                        Works for me
                        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                          Works for me
                          Me same.

Comment

• sounds good
                            in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                              sounds good
                              Agreed.
                              “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                              ― John Wooden

Comment

• Is there a waiting list for replacements?

Comment

Working...
                                X