This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    I won't be voting against trades in the Dynasty League quickly; it's not just about player rankings, there's a lot more to consider in this league. And that's especially the case when the owner has been shopping a player, giving a big part of the league the chance to make an offer.
    This.

Comment

• Actually, only Joey and myself have veto power. We will listen to what everyone has to say though. The reason it can't be a league decision is because the years may not work on a trade and we'll have to shoot it down.

I agree. It can't just be a question of "does player A equal player b?"

Comment

• Lol best GM quote ever about my man Luis Scola:

Suns GM Lance Blanks said that Luis Scola will provide "griminess and crustiness that we need."
        That has got to be one of the weirdest things we've heard a GM say about a player he's acquired, and we're really not sure what he means by "crustiness." Regardless, Blanks expects Scola to set an example for the younger players and he should have a major role as the starting PF for Phoenix. Scola averaged 15.5 points and 6.5 rebounds on 49.1 percent shooting last season, all down from his averages in 2010-11. Aug 15 - 9:27 AM
        Source: Arizona Republic

When I drafted I was looking for crustiness first and foremost.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
          it's not just about player rankings, there's a lot more to consider in this league.
          I agree. I apologize if I gave the impression that thats what I was basing my decision on.
          I only posted the ratings because thats what Yahoo posts and figured it was at least slightly relevant.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            People had opportunities and I let it be known he was available. Granted one or two trades were blatantly insane but I made a lot of offers. Parker is hardly a hot commodity from what I can tell.

Also, I did mean to ask The Coach for a 1st round pick but I forgot and it wasn't until he accepted I realized my mistake. Whoops. Lucky Coach.
            A quote from the Coach's presser regarding the deal for Tony Parker and the possible inclusion of a draft pick in the deal:

Definitely would have made it a more challenging decision with a draft pick involved. A couple factors that I had to ponder was positional need and cap flexibility. Although one is ranked better than the other, I went against conventional wisdom and traded a big for a small (lots of great PG's, not a lot of great C's). As for flexibility, I was already at 38 years and this puts me at 39, so I lost some flexibility that I think could be very valuable. All in all, our organization is still excited about bringing in a great PG, especially considering Derrick Rose's injury.
            Last edited by The Coach; Tue Oct 16, 2012, 10:13 PM.
            “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
            ― John Wooden

Comment

• Apollo in the market for a PG?

Unnamed sources are reporting that Apollo is currently listening to offers involving a second or third tier PG as the main return in the deal.

Comment

• i heard camby added 15 pounds this off season. i hope its not the eddy curry diet
                in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
                  A quote from the Coach's presser regarding the deal for Tony Parker and the possible inclusion of a draft pick in the deal:
                  lol

Comment

• koncept wrote: View Post
                    i heard camby added 15 pounds this off season. i hope its not the eddy curry diet
                    At his age I'm not sure adding weight is the ideal thing to be doing. Only going to make his knees wish he was lighter.

Comment

• If anyone is looking for 3 pts, I'm looking to trade Jason Richardson and Kyle korver for a big man.

Comment

• Also I'm desperately looking for a backup pg.

Comment

• If you sign a player for 2 years then drop him it goes against your cap. But if you decide to resign him for 2 years does it then take up a total of 4 years of cap space or just 2?

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                            If you sign a player for 2 years then drop him it goes against your cap. But if you decide to resign him for 2 years does it then take up a total of 4 years of cap space or just 2?
                            It's my understanding that if you drop someone and pick him up again, you'll have to hand out a new contract.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                              Also I'm desperately looking for a backup pg.
                              Tony Parker WAS available ... Haha

Comment

• i was joking joey about the mysterious 15 LBs of training camp. I def overpaid for those 2 guys, but I doubt I'm going to be competing for any FA signings during the season that will require more than $50
                                Last edited by koncept; Wed Oct 17, 2012, 01:35 PM.
                                in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Working...
                                X