Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hollinger's scounting report of the hypothetical starting five

KYLE LOWRY:
    + Tough, aggressive guard who pressures the ball and defends. Loves taking charges.
    + Likes to push the tempo but can get out of control. Improved outside shooter.
    + Good athlete who draws fouls. On the short side. Excellent rebounder for size.
    DEMAR DEROZAN:
    + One-dimensional scorer who can get to the rim and draw fouls. Midrange shooter.
    + Great leaper, finisher. Ball hog with iffy handle, passes only as last resort.
    + Decent defensive tools but focus an issue. Struggles to guard big 3s.
    LANDRY FIELDS:
    + Big shooting guard with outstanding nose for rebounding. Quick leaper.
    + Poor shooter, but smart player with good feel for off-ball cuts.
    + Average athlete and defender. Never fouls. Rarely attacks offensively.
    ANDREA BARGNANI:
    + Tall line-drive jump shooter. Deadly off catch or single dribble to right.
    + Likes jab move off wrong foot for face-up jumper or right-hand drive.
    + Much-improved defender. Charmin-soft and abhors contact. Horrid rebounder.
    JONAS VALANCIUNAS:
    + Mobile big man with knack for scoring around the basket. Makes free throws.
    + Strong rebounder in European competition. Decent athlete but needs muscle.
    Source:ESPN.com

There is a lot more, including analysis but sorry guys, it's an Insider article and I don't want to post too much.

sounds about right
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      KYLE LOWRY:

DEMAR DEROZAN:

LANDRY FIELDS:

ANDREA BARGNANI:

JONAS VALANCIUNAS:

Source:ESPN.com

There is a lot more, including analysis but sorry guys, it's an Insider article and I don't want to post too much.
      too bad two of them are injured ALREADY!
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Just for fun, I'm going to criticize!!! But only for Fields:

-Fields:Really, I don't know what to expect shooting-wise, but it's funny to me that now everyone is calling him a 'poor shooter'. This is a guy who never shot lower than 30% from 3 including his college seasons. He probably won't ever become a 'sniper', but I think burying him after one bad season, where there were a lot of variables (ok, excuses, but sometimes excuses aren't excuses, they're just part of an explanation): the lockout, the melo trade (though I think this wasn't too big a factor), AND the coaching change. It's funny no one talks about how Mike Woodson was one of the worst offensive coaches in the league while he was in Atlanta. Everyone blames Melo being selfish and the team not meshing, but Woodson never got Atlanta to mesh in any way, even if Atlanta's top players were not as good as Melo or Amar'e. Anyway, just to say that it seems a bit strange to put him in that category, and it's been bugging me. The only place he's obviously horrible is at the FT line. There you can call him 'poor' all you want.

oh, here's Landry's college stats, according to Stanford:
        http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-b..._landry00.html
        Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Oct 8, 2012, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X